Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Very long queues at CPH security

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue

Crazy queues yesterday evening at CPH security. Does anyone know when things will get better? It took at least 20 minutes to get through to the duty-free areas.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by rumbataz
Does anyone know when things will get better?
Whenever you hit the 50-flights mark

G
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Whenever you hit the 50-flights mark

G
Not going to happen. Best case scenario for me is to reach Silver EB before my 6-month stint in Scandinavia ends.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Crazy queues yesterday evening at CPH security. Does anyone know when things will get better? It took at least 20 minutes to get through to the duty-free areas.
There are days when it takes a good 10-15 minutes longer than that. I've seen it take 35 minutes at some points within the past 12 months. After they got the electronic strip search machines at the CPH centralized screening checkpoint, the extreme times became much, much worse than they used to be before.

Blame the people who decided to buy these strip search machines and slow things down by making use of them.

And ever since they started with putting in the automated passport control gates, the passport control clearing times have become much more extreme too.

Welcome to how technology may not always be a great solution -- except for those who sell or buy the junk and effectively pad their bank account that way.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:58 am
Original Poster

I must have missed the noticed posted at CPH, but it appears that they're doing some upgrade work at security so several lanes are closed right now, but will reopen in mid-January. Perhaps that's the cause of the extremely long queues, partially at least?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I have not seen yet the time when all the lanes were open. Even without any reconstruction. Although, I don't use the main security much, so I might have a pessimistically unlikely experience.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by wazow
I have not seen yet the time when all the lanes were open. Even without any reconstruction. Although, I don't use the main security much, so I might have a pessimistically unlikely experience.
Given how wide the main security checkpoint is, let's just say that during the busier hours my unaided eye can't easily see all the lanes -- but that's because I'm often using CPH Express/FastTrack. But there are times when the lines are packed and all the lanes seemed open and operating.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:25 am
Original Poster

A colleague of mine suggested another entry point to the CPH security lanes that is often less crowded. I'll try it later this week and report back on here.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
A colleague of mine suggested another entry point to the CPH security lanes that is often less crowded. I'll try it later this week and report back on here.
There are two, one from T2 and one from T3, if you fly SK you will typically come from T3. Which in my experience is the least crowded. The T2 one always seems to a long line stretching way down the building.

Luckily, Oneworld carriers are very generous with the CPH Express allowance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.