Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Let's eat, or let's not eat [SAS Catering Discussions]

Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Tried the new gin on the way home from WAW this evening - nice enough.
They didn't have the Swedish apple juice on board so couldn't try that.
But discovered that they had some new Swedish cookies - they were very nice - and they are BUTTER cookies.....
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:59 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I will post pictures later, but I was not impressed with the food on NRT-CPH a couple of days ago. The menu was catering to Japanese rather than Scandinavian, which is good. However the execution was poor, most was overcooked (specially the rice) and I was thinking this was on the small size.
Here are the pictures. The duck was good (first starter), I found the rest meh. As mentioned the rice is quite overcooked. This was in the category "typical plane food" but not better, and not a patch on the food I had on my outbound flight (JL F).
Attached Images      
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by helosc
But discovered that they had some new Swedish cookies - they were very nice - and they are BUTTER cookies.....
The new cookies are very good, but the packaging is excessive - a thick film bag, and a stapled on cardboard label, for three small slivers of biscuit.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by klmml
The new cookies are very good, but the packaging is excessive - a thick film bag, and a stapled on cardboard label, for three small slivers of biscuit.
Yes, there was more packaging than biscuits....
I could easily have eaten a few more packages.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:34 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
The new apple juice: isn't that the Ringi? It's not Swedish, it's Norwegian.

http://ringi.no/
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by ksu
The new apple juice: isn't that the Ringi? It's not Swedish, it's Norwegian.

http://ringi.no/
Sorry, I just assumed it was Swedish - don't know why.....
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:13 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Sorry, I just assumed it was Swedish - don't know why.....
I know...

SAS: Svensk Allt Samman!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by ksu
I know...

SAS: Svensk Allt Samman!

That at least seem to be the case these days
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Last week in Plus:

CPH-EWR: Decent meal (classic SAS dish with chicken breast and mashed potatoes) with good warm bread. Was ok.

ORD-CPH: Inedible meal (pieces of rubber meat, raw/hard potatoes and veggies with plastic taste) with cold/old bread (containing raisins which can be an unpleasant surprise for many). Settled with just the cheese and the biscuits. Not happy as I was transferring from SLC and did not have time to eat in ORD before boarding.

Second options in both directions were cod which is not really an option for me (at least not as airline food).

Never had a good meal in Go or Plus ex-US. This time was no different. Will be back in Plus to EWR in a couple of weeks so I am crossing my fingers again.

Cheers,
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Had the chance to get the same menu from EWR-CPH as my Dulles flight last month so I got all different things and finished off the wine list. The scallop entree and fish main on this menu are solid.

I'll post some stuff soon now that I'm grounded for awhile. Grrrr.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:40 am

Recent intra-Europe Plus lunchbox ex-ARN: "Chicken with minted bulgur, tomato, hummus & pickled cauliflower."

Very good, would have preferred the warm rolls and proper butter but let's not go there... certainly was more appetising than some BA CE meals, although the presentation of course leaves a lot to be desired.
Attached Images  

Last edited by klmml; Apr 28, 2017 at 2:02 am
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:08 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Recent intra-Europe Plus lunchbox ex-ARN: "Chicken with minted bulgur, tomato, hummus & pickled cauliflower."

certainly was more appetising than some BA CE meals
But ARN-LHR on BA in CE should be a new 'long-haul' CE concept (starter and main course served separately). In this case BA might actually be better...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond

Very good, would have preferred the warm rolls and proper butter but let's not go there... certainly was more appetising than some BA CE meals, although the presentation of course leaves a lot to be desired.
Oh I've had this one... it was alright. The chicken in these boxes kind of freaks me out sometimes though. Odd texture.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:25 am

The Gold lounge at Arlanda, while being unusually quiet, has still run out of gin :-( No 'light snack' offered in Plus on the flight to Tallinn last week so SAS aren't impressing me at the moment.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
But ARN-LHR on BA in CE should be a new 'long-haul' CE concept (starter and main course served separately). In this case BA might actually be better...
I'm not usually starting from ARN, but I'm indifferent to band 3 BA catering wherever I'm coming from.

However, two reasons to avoid BA like the plague are the awful seat pitch (except in row 1) and uneven BoB offering down the back. It's SK (nearly) all the way for me these days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.