Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by wazow
EBD Heading to AMS next week on LO.

*A lounge finder says that I should head to KL business lounge (for SK and many other *A carriers it reports the executive lounge). This confuses me slightly. Hopefully KL will not turn me away...
Whilst I was able to access the Crown Lounge several times in the past when flying LOT out of Schiphol, the LOT website seems to indicate that this is no longer the case and that the designated lounge is now the Aspire as for other Star Alliance carriers. You'll not miss much anyway - the KLM lounge is one of the worst ever in every sense (ghastly food, super noisy and crowded, far from being a clean environment and I could go on for ages).

G
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Isn't the lounge in PVG the Air China lounge? So SK-pax cannot access that one anymore?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors
Originally Posted by warakorn
Isn't the lounge in PVG the Air China lounge? So SK-pax cannot access that one anymore?
That's a Star Alliance lounge, so SK passengers can access it. The change only affected contract lounges.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Here I am in the Dublin Airportnlounge waiting for my SAS flight to CPH. We are in September and still the check in is telling passengers (including me) that there is a lounge after security (in its literal sense this is true). Although I have a SAS plus fare I gained entry via my Premium Plus card but about 20 SAS passengers have sauntered up to the lounge over a period of an hour asking for entry.
I was not aware of the changes but I live in NZ and fly SAS every 2 years so SAS is not an airline I frequent.
Today there were some very annoyed *Gold passengers being denied entrance this morning and the receptionist said this happens every day.
SK just seems to have lost interest.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
SK just seems to have lost interest.
Agreed, as I mentioned in another thread I emailed to complain about this in EDI a few weeks ago, to the Diamond email address. I haven't received a reply, when normally the response time is within 48 hours. The feedback is just going in the bin.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: EBD, MM FTL
Does anybody know whether SAS is re-thinking their decision, or is this the way it will be for the future?

What would be a way to "complain" (or give feedback) that is actually read by somebody?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by protub
Does anybody know whether SAS is re-thinking their decision, or is this the way it will be for the future?
Heard nothing new and I'm pretty sure it won't come back anytime soon.

Originally Posted by protub
What would be a way to "complain" (or give feedback) that is actually read by somebody?
Write to the customer service. Anyhow, you only get a canned response and nobody actually cares what you said.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy

Write to the customer service. Anyhow, you only get a canned response and nobody actually cares what you said.
I am sure they are looking at the number of complaints coming on the topic, but even more so whether there is an effect on the traffic numbers.

If passengers remain, but just write a complaint from time to time, there is zero reason to rethink the decision.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
I just want to mention here that I am on of those guys who SAS lost their Business from because of the lounges. I am flying BRU-VNO quite often, and would have reached SAS gold quite easy because of the segments but was flying SAS plus quite often on top of that aswell. But no lounge access and fast track in VNO made SAS GOLD worse for me then choosing Miles and More airlines (often more convenient connections) where i would not make gold but silver. As with silver I will more or less get the same as sas gold.

I am not to sure if they lost a lot of customers but I am sure that I am not the only one who made this calculation. I used my Eurobonus points to fly to Svalbard. So no more super cheap domestic redemptions. That is the downside..
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I'm now rerouting my MAN-CPH route due to the lounge access being lost and
flying via Heathrow instead at least for the outbound.

Given that I'm originating in Sheffield which doesn't have an airport (and airfares from closer airports are just obscene... like, wow, I could fly to my family in Florida for what they want for economy flights if I went with my closest airports to end destinations of Malmo, Billund, Aarhus, Leeds, and Doncaster - I have zero good options here)

The Lufthansa lounge is far superior to anything Manchester has to offer. So, there is that. And the other lounges (which I'll explore in October) have shower facilities so one can recover from the train and metro before getting on the flight. Yay. That's nice...
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by fassy

The check-in agent at Manchester was extraordinarily sympathetic when we chatted the other day... granted not much she can do about it. But certain she's heard quite a few outraged people over this move.

I should submit my own angry emails for the lounge decision. The annoyance is profound.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by AStarr
The Lufthansa lounge is far superior to anything Manchester has to offer. So, there is that. And the other lounges (which I'll explore in October) have shower facilities so one can recover from the train and metro before getting on the flight. Yay. That's nice...
To me the United Club there is really nice. It is a 10min walk one way, but if you have some time to spend it is worth it.
AStarr likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jainzar
To me the United Club there is really nice. It is a 10min walk one way, but if you have some time to spend it is worth it.
Will look forward to checking it out. My experience with United lounges so far has been limited to the one in Orlando and that wasn't so great but better than nothing.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Two weeks back I flew BCN to ARN flying SK in Y using my TK Gold Card. BCN is one of those airports served by several contract lounges - as per the Star Alliance Website and also provides Gold Fast Track as per the Star Alliance Website.

At Fast Track I get turned away saying "not at Barcelona".

At a lounge with a big Star Alliance logo on it I get turned away after being shown a letter about the termination and I get to do the walk of shame. (Several others were in the same position.)

I had a choice on this flight - Norwegian or SK. SK was double the price. I know which one I'll choose next time.
Gnopps and AStarr like this.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by AStarr
Will look forward to checking it out. My experience with United lounges so far has been limited to the one in Orlando and that wasn't so great but better than nothing.
United's lounge at LHR is an exception - it's probably the best United Club in the UA system. As for the other *A lounges at LHR, LH is by far the worst.

Personally, I'd choose:
UA for its showers (and shower amenities )
AC/SQ for lack of crowds
SQ for its food
LH for convenience of the T2A flights only

Originally Posted by sydunipete
Two weeks back I flew BCN to ARN flying SK in Y using my TK Gold Card. BCN is one of those airports served by several contract lounges - as per the Star Alliance Website and also provides Gold Fast Track as per the Star Alliance Website.

At Fast Track I get turned away saying "not at Barcelona".

At a lounge with a big Star Alliance logo on it I get turned away after being shown a letter about the termination and I get to do the walk of shame. (Several others were in the same position.)

I had a choice on this flight - Norwegian or SK. SK was double the price. I know which one I'll choose next time.
I haven't flown through BCN in a while, but Fast Track should still be a benefit. As you've said, it's clearly listed as Gold Track on the *A website. I wonder what's going on with that... As for the lounges, the lounge finder also is pretty clear that SK pax don't have access at BCN.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.