Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New lounge construction in Kastrup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New lounge construction in Kastrup

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 3:03 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I could end up using this lounge this week. It will be nice for my bread-and-butter route, as using most of the Schengen-side lounges really doesn't work out so well for me when flying from CPH to non-Schengen destinations.
Do they have newspapers?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
This places SK in the bizarre situation of being the only major carrier in the Schengen area that doesn't have a lounge for international customers in its home hub. It's bad enough that the lounge itself is tired and its offerings increasingly embarrassing compared to essentially any other airline, but combined with a notoriously slow passport control that is completely unresponsive to demand, this really leaves them completely uncompetitive. Why pick SK over BA, QR, CX when they not only have a superior product in the air, but even have a more attractive lounge offering at CPH?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by ksu
Do they have newspapers?
Do they have butter?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:22 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by wazow
Do they have butter?
So butter was also enhanced away from SK lounges? I am aware about the newspapers, but nutter, huh
Old Mar 5, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Why pick SK over BA, QR, CX when they not only have a superior product in the air...
BA? You could have fooled me.

I'm done with BA, since they introduced BoB, and densified the entire SH fleet. The only way travelling with BA on SH is tolerable is in Club Europe in row 1. Club World really doesn't stand up to SK's longhaul J product either, and LHR T3-T5 transfers are awful, both because of needing to take a bus and then the permascowl security staff.

Even with butterless and newspaperless lounges, I'm much happier with SK for now.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
This places SK in the bizarre situation of being the only major carrier in the Schengen area that doesn't have a lounge for international customers in its home hub.
I really don’t see that as an issue. The SK-lounges are 30 seconds from passport control, and I haven’t spend more than 5 minutes in passport control for years, though the queue can look long at times, especially 1˝ hours before TG- and EK-departures. The extra buffer time is small.

But please refurbish the current SK-lounges!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by klmml
BA? You could have fooled me.

I'm done with BA, since they introduced BoB, and densified the entire SH fleet. The only way travelling with BA on SH is tolerable is in Club Europe in row 1. Club World really doesn't stand up to SK's longhaul J product either, and LHR T3-T5 transfers are awful, both because of needing to take a bus and then the permascowl security staff.

Even with butterless and newspaperless lounges, I'm much happier with SK for now.
I was comparing Club Europe with SAS Plus if your destination is the UK. I agree entirely that transferring at pretty much any Schengen hub would be preferable when travelling West or South.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Since this is the new butter thread, I am happy to report that CPH Apartment still has butter (the same cheap brand that SK lounges used to have, but well, it is butter).

Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
What about the new lounge at OSL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.