Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New lounge construction in Kastrup

New lounge construction in Kastrup

Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
SK's problem is a creature of CPH's making.

Less retail revenue at the airport for CPH => less money needed from SK to pay for more lounge space.

CPH's "problem" is not divorced from SK's "problem".

CPH management gets rewarded by its shareholders for being greedy.

The way CPH management gets more rewarded for being greedy comes via increased retail revenue for the airport.

If the CPH shopping mall flopped, then SK's costs for more lounge space would involve less money per square meter from SK than it currently does. That too would not make CPH management and its shareholders very happy.
I'm sure there's an audience to making economic arguments based on feelings and moral evaluations, but I'm not it.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
I'm sure there's an audience to making economic arguments based on feelings and moral evaluations, but I'm not it.
The above post reads like a partial confession about your post's audience here -- myself included -- receiving just that (i.e., arguments based on feelings and moral evaluations) from your earlier contribution.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The above post reads like a partial confession about your post's audience here -- myself included -- receiving just that (i.e., arguments based on feelings and moral evaluations) from your earlier contribution.
The lounge will open in March, and seems to be quite amazing with 360 degree view from its location ON TOP of finger C.

Will be managed by Menzies Aviation. No news of Who the customers will be.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
The lounge will open in March, and seems to be quite amazing with 360 degree view from its location ON TOP of finger C.

Will be managed by Menzies Aviation. No news of Who the customers will be.
Not, but I am guessing Qatar + Emirates (since it will Halal verified) plus likely BA. And hopefully also a Priority Pass lounge.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Not, but I am guessing Qatar + Emirates (since it will Halal verified) plus likely BA. And hopefully also a Priority Pass lounge.
This is great news. It could mean it can become possible to avoid the chaos and over crowding around B when having a non Schengen departure on Oneworld.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
"Halal verified" - why?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
"Halal verified" - why?
Why not if it makes the payer's passengers more happy?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Why not if it makes the payer's passengers more happy?
That's a bit of a generalisation, what makes some happy will certainly royally offend others in this matter.

I do applaud the effort despite the unlikeliness of using EK or QR from CPH in my future travel.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
"Halal verified" - why?
If this is indeed an EK / QR focused lounge then it is probably for the same reason that these carriers only serve halal food.

Whether one likes that or not is a personal matter, but it can hardly be a surprise that it has been a request/requirement/demand for middle eastern carriers if they will be the primary customers.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:44 am
Suspended

"Halal verified" - why?
To cater to its customers who care to get halal food and to its customers who don't care if the food is halal or not?

My bet is that when it comes to passengers departing CPH for non-Schengen destinations, the proportion of passengers who eat pork has dropped over the past 15 years.

No one here and no country is being forced by Menzies to eat halal food. It's not like the alcohol in the lounge will be halal. And it's not like the pork in the lounge will be halal.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:05 am
Suspended

https://insideflyer.dk/ny-menzies-av...rste-billeder/

Alcohol, including Carlsberg beer, will be provided to customers/users, whether or not paranoid about what "halal" certification means for the lounge customers/users.

Menzies is doing what Menzies thinks is good for its business. So how much money will this lounge cost for those not provided access to it by way of airline or lounge membership program?

I'm glad to find that Menzies wants to have showering facilities available in this lounge.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 22, 2017 at 3:13 am
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:19 am
Suspended

March 1st is when it was scheduled to open. Should be a big improvement for me since time to clear passport control and security screening lines has become so variable for my frequent CPH departures to non-Schengen destinations. And showering at the airport before some of my non-* flights will be appreciated.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:57 am
Suspended

Menzies wants the lounge to cater to customers in ways that make it money. If getting the lounge certified for some halal-labeled products that help it make money and provide me with a superior lounge experience at CPH then that is no more skin off my back than if they get the lounge certified as providing some eco/organic-labeled products.

The airport and lounge operators are private companies, so they will do what they think makes them money. That includes considerations for how they source and provide food and beverages, what products and services they want and how they market themselves. Concerned about passengers wasting water, so boycott the lounge over its providing shower facilities? Give me a break. It's as meaningful as boycotting the lounge because it will provides alcohol at no additional cost to the lounge guests. If an alcoholic doesn't want to consume alcohol, don't consume it. If someone doesn't want to consume some kind of meat, don't consume it. If it costs the lounge operator money, then perhaps even the boycott dreamers will get their way.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:11 am
Suspended

Yeah. We're on an American website and our main moderator in this forum is from Wir Schaffen Das-country, so let me just comment how much I look forward to this - that's what it takes for your comment not to get removed - I sure hope the concept can be rolled out to SK's lounges, too. Maybe separated seating can be added as well?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:25 am
Suspended

I sure hope the concept can be rolled out to SK's lounges, too. Maybe separated seating can be added as well?
Oh, wouldn't it be nice if SK got a non-Schengen lounge too?

A separate first class section of the Menzies non-Schengen lounge? If the paymasters want it and pay for it, maybe it will happen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.