Search

EB 3.0 Gold for Life

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBG, AB Topbonus Gold, Club Carlson
EB 3.0 Gold for Life

Seems like it is confirmed.

During 2017 EuroBonus will introduce a new feature in the program to show appreciation to the most loyal members. Any Gold or Diamond member as of today and onward, who has had a consecutive Gold or Diamond membership for a minimum of 10 years will be honored a lifetime Gold membership. Gold memberships that have been given away by a Diamond member will not be qualifying. More details will be communicated after the release and members qualifying for the lifetime Gold membership will be contacted personally.
Give a Silver card to a person of your choice. Log in and go to My EuroBonus - Give away/receive card. This gift is not automatically renewed to the same person every year each new qualification period. The donor needs to send a new invitation.
Earn 25% more points, regardless of fare on flights with SAS and Wideroe.
20% discount on best availability' award flights with SAS when you book at least 14 days in advance. In addition, you earn points for the flight. Read more
Choose your seat, free of charge, at the time of booking.
SAS Hot Line 24-hour service at +45 70 10 20 00 for assistance.
Order new card/Smart Pass/baggage tags by logging in and go to My EuroBonus - Order new card & more.
No service fee when booking awards through EuroBonus Member Service.
Use your EuroBonus card as an electronic ticket.
Free WiFi onboard SAS. Read more
Automated notification of flight changes via sms. Read more
Discounts from partners.
Spend your points on bonus flights, hotel stays and much more. Read more

http://www.flysas.com/en/uk/eurobonu...p-levels/gold/
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:35 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
It was posted a month ago, but rather hidden away in the thread about Gold/Diamond special events

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...-events-6.html
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by ksu
It was posted a month ago, but rather hidden away in the thread about Gold/Diamond special events

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...-events-6.html
And this just shows that EB 3.0 has a major delay. Instead of fall 2016 it is now said that this feature will be introduced in 2017.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Question that came up today chatting with a colleague. We where wondering if downgrading Diamond to Gold would qualify as a regular Gold year in the life-time achievement?

Previously SK did specifically point out that gifted Gold cards do not qualify, though a status downgrade hasn't been mentioned. He has 8 years of Gold and is Diamond in his current year. His plan was to start getting a BA Gold in the mix as well as he no longer needs to credit all his flying to SK. Interested to hear experiences as the lifetime gold unfolds.

In short, if you're Diamond now and soft-land to Gold next year, does that qualify as 2 years of Gold?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Question that came up today chatting with a colleague. We where wondering if downgrading Diamond to Gold would qualify as a regular Gold year in the life-time achievement?

Previously SK did specifically point out that gifted Gold cards do not qualify, though a status downgrade hasn't been mentioned. He has 8 years of Gold and is Diamond in his current year. His plan was to start getting a BA Gold in the mix as well as he no longer needs to credit all his flying to SK. Interested to hear experiences as the lifetime gold unfolds.

In short, if you're Diamond now and soft-land to Gold next year, does that qualify as 2 years of Gold?

That is intresting, if it indeed counted one could get lifetime gold by qualifying 5 times for EBD strategically 👍👍

Then again 5x EBD qualification would equal 10x EBG
Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose

As I read it, yes. But you never know with SAS and their IT department.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:52 am

Has anyone got an updated timeline regarding lifetime gold? I'm currently running 10th consecutive year as EBG/EBD and next qualification period is at the end of April. Have not been using SAS during last year so much and will not hit EBG. Would be shame to get downgraded EBS in May and find out in June that I'm not anymore eligible for lifetime gold due to recent status downgrade..
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold
Originally Posted by kyuus
Has anyone got an updated timeline regarding lifetime gold? I'm currently running 10th consecutive year as EBG/EBD and next qualification period is at the end of April. Have not been using SAS during last year so much and will not hit EBG. Would be shame to get downgraded EBS in May and find out in June that I'm not anymore eligible for lifetime gold due to recent status downgrade..
There are no updates...
To be safe, better go on mile run with SAS during one of the now or never promotions.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Plt for life), KLM Plt, SAS Diamond, AA Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond for Life
I am not sure if the "soft landing" to Gold from Diamond is guaranteed? I am not betting on it at least, and make sure I qualify for Gold to make sure I keep consecutive qualification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.