Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A320 Neo arriving

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
You're hardly asking the right questions ... is snow removal handled at ARN with the same principles as in the city? Or is it local policy whether to implement feminist snow removal? (No, I'm not kidding).
I would call this more of a pedestrian/cyclist versus car snow removal.

Anyway I had no trouble due to snow either time - my delay home yesterday was because four people didn't board and their luggage had to be removed (and it was obviously stored way back in the storage room on the plane....).

And I didn't fly the new plane home yesterday as I had expected to.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
CPH has two central deiceing stations (with two lanes each)....
Actually, CPH now has three deicing stations: TWY A, TWY B and TWY V. Works very smoothly.
(https://www.cph.dk/globalassets/5.-o...t-16-rev.2.pdf)
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by Jespersm
Actually, CPH now has three deicing stations: TWY A, TWY B and TWY V. Works very smoothly.
(https://www.cph.dk/globalassets/5.-o...t-16-rev.2.pdf)
You are right. I forgot deicing Victor. Have only visited deicing Alfa and Bravo, which is run by SAS.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Thanks! Further updates as the roll-out proceeds and the aircraft enters service beyond hub-hub traffic would be very much appreciated.
First day non hub-to-hub service will be tomorrow (18/12) when the NEOs fly to Frankfurt and Malta!
In other news, the 4th aircraft (LN-RGO) was delivered yesterday
Old Jan 28, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Had my first flight on the NEO yesterday. I liked the Swedish flag light show as we approached ARN - better and less of a faff than the "northern lights" crap that AY has on the A350s.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 5:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by klmml
Had my first flight on the NEO yesterday. I liked the Swedish flag light show as we approached ARN - better and less of a faff than the "northern lights" crap that AY has on the A350s.
How is the feel otherwise? I've switched to BA for shorthaul (too many LHR flights without the middle seat blocked did the trick), but I'd love to try this new bird.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
How is the feel otherwise? I've switched to BA for shorthaul (too many LHR flights without the middle seat blocked did the trick), but I'd love to try this new bird.
Felt absolutely fine - much more legroom in the places that matter for me than BA (I've switched away from BA for shorthaul because of that and BoB... ). They've not installed video monitors, which means it's a manual safety demonstration, and no wifi yet since they've stopped rolling it out on shorthaul for the time being. Seatback USB power but only, as far as I can tell, during the cruise. It might be subjective but I think the cabin is also appreciably quieter even though I don't think anything relevant was changed about the aircraft design.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by klmml
Felt absolutely fine - much more legroom in the places that matter for me than BA (I've switched away from BA for shorthaul because of that and BoB... ). They've not installed video monitors, which means it's a manual safety demonstration, and no wifi yet since they've stopped rolling it out on shorthaul for the time being. Seatback USB power but only, as far as I can tell, during the cruise. It might be subjective but I think the cabin is also appreciably quieter even though I don't think anything relevant was changed about the aircraft design.
That sounds nice, overall. I'm glad they didn't densify. And you're right, there's been a bit of BoB complaining going on; glad our travel policy covers J for all flights.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
I think it would go under a heading of "not-very-different".

The seats are fine. I like that here is USB charging for everyone (although crew occasionally forgets to turn on, but do if reminded) and the lightning is a slight improvement.

I think the cabin is ever so slightly quieter than A320CEOs, but if it is not something I imagine, then it is only a slight difference.

Clearly the cabin looks new and nice.

SAS has gotten the cabin fitted in a fairly traditional way (i.e. no overhead screens, and standard overhead bins).

It is fine, but hardly a revolution.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Compared to the 737's (I don't fly the regular A320/321's much) it is better, cabin is more silent, lighting is less easier on the eyes and the seats aren't 20 years old. The USB-power is greatly appreciated as well, having a fully charged phone on arrival shouldn't be the exception. I appreciate the new aircraft but since the WIFI isn't there yet, it is hardly solving any of the primary issues I have with SK.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Had my first SK-NEO flight today. Agree with others: only notable improvement as pax is the 5V power outlet. And the noise, especially during the take-off roll, is significant lower, though it has a howling tone. And well, the mood light.

I was disappointed, though not surprised, that the large forward toilet inside the cabin (from the 319/321) has been sacrificed –and instead we got the small version (next to the flight deck), where a normal male will have his hairstyle compromised when using the toilet standing.

And as stated: no monitors. The look of the cabin: conservative at best – boring, I think.

Didn’t notice if the aircraft had container capability.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Interesting. But I wouldn’t have considered that a poor coat hook was strong enough to taxi an aircraft – and I don’t hope that the pilots will use this thing for landing.(front row of A320 Neo).
Attached Images  
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Interesting. But I wouldn’t have considered that a poor coat hook was strong enough to taxi an aircraft – and I don’t hope that the pilots will use this thing for landing.(front row of A320 Neo).
'During' is a better word grammatically speaking, but I think this is a pretty standard way of writing it. Though I will have to look on my next flights to be sure. This would be a manufacturer added sign?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Strange concept to use coat hooks for taxis, even more so that its clearly a proven concept outside of take-off and landing.

Must have been the same translator they use for press releases and their website.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
These are standard placards. The above must be derived from the text

like 'Curtain must be open and secured for take off and landing' and not to be confused with 'Door must be closed during take-off and landing'

http://www.aviationgraphix.com/home....tion=0&page=21

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.