Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS refusing to register my miles on M+b

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Hi I write everything from scratch since I messed up with the thread a bit'

So, to put it short, SAS refuses to let me credit my EB points on another program. The story goes like this:
- I book through the SAS mobile app
- I call customer service to make sure they take away my EB number so I can credit my miles to another star Alliance programme
- customer service says sure it's fixed, your EB account won't be credited
- guess what.. After my flight, the points are there and when i call customer service again they say oops there is something wrong with the app automatically registering your points to your EB account and we can't do anything about it

I read in the EB terms that SAS has the right to withdraw EB points if the activity was incorrectly registered. But they simply won't do it. Instead they will cite some text from their terms that says you can't have points registered in different mileage accrual programs... I mean, I already know that!! I didn't ask them to register my points twice, I just asked them to delete my EB points and let me credit my flight to another FF program since I believe it's their fault (customer service? Their app?) that the miles were sent to my EB account.)

I don't know if there's much more to do since they haven't been helpful at all and their answer didn't even include a "sorry for lying to you before flying and telling you that your points wouldn't be registered at EB"

I just wonder if anyone of you has had this happen before and if there is really a way to remove (take away) Eurobonus points or if it's just an easy excuse for them to not really bother.

Last edited by Tsouvli; Sep 9, 2016 at 2:17 am Reason: Correct text
Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:55 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this is an issue primarily with SK's mobile app and customer service, we'll move it over to the Eurobonus forum where the OP should get some better advice on how to get the credit to EB cancelled so it can be applied to A3.

/mod
Old Sep 9, 2016, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Let is go and lesson learned; don't put your EB No. in the booking if you don't want EB points to be credited. You knew that your EB No. would be in the booking if you used the SAS App, so why did you use it in the first place?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tsouvli
I just wonder if anyone of you has had this happen before and if there is really a way to remove (take away) Eurobonus points or if it's just an easy excuse for them to not really bother.
Add the end of the day it is just a field in a database and of course they can edit or remove that field. Just like they do when you spend points.

They just don't want to bother and this is a simple way to wave you off. Since SK's customer service management is a joke, they let these kind of things slip instead of telling their reps to provide service and assist you. Especially since this was their fault.

As always with Scandinavian companies, you have to force assistance and service, you won't get it by just reaching out to them for help.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It happens sometimes...

I have had this happen on other airlines as well. E.g. BA lounge dragons are notorious for updating your FFP number to the card you use to enter the lounge. Even if you ask them not to.

If you want to change FFP number a long the way, the rule of thumb is watch carefully what is on your boarding pass, and that changes have taken effect.

It is variable among airlines if you can get them to reverse the credit, to make a retro claim on another airline.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
You should also check your app right after checking in to see your FFP # is correct, if not you can chance it.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 4:35 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Also what was printed on the BP ? A3 or SK in the FQTV field ?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Also what was printed on the BP ? A3 or SK in the FQTV field ?
Just because the programme you want to credit to is on the BP, doesn't mean it will get credited there! I switched from BA to AY at the gate coming back from ORD last month, and it still went to BA despite being on the boarding pass.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:49 am
KRS

I believe there is a bug or feature in the SAS app that associates your Eurobonus # against the bookings made or retrieved in the app.
I have had at least one flight credited to Eurobonus when I was expecting miles on another program...
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It appears to be the leasson learned from this NEVER EVER to use the SAS app if you would like to credit to a different carrier/FFP.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:06 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

It seems to be. Which is annoying as I am waiting for SK flights to posts to A3 M+B, like the OP I used an agent to change the FFP to A3. Checkmytrip showed A3 number for FQTV. I was surprised to see the booking in the App after the change but did not thought about it.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by SK AAR
It appears to be the leasson learned from this NEVER EVER to use the SAS app if you would like to credit to a different carrier/FFP.
That's why I don't use my EB profile when I book tickets, so they don't hook my EB number to my profile.

This is the same with LH M&M and CA Phoenix miles, people said once it's attached to your profile it's stick to your booking and it's impossible to change it.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
So far, I have had very good experience of using the SAS app and credit to a different *A programme.

Admittedly, I don't book via the app. But once booked, I go to the app, it tells me the silly message "when've been searching everywhere but can't find you booking" then I just add the booking manually. From this point, the booking is stored in the app, and the frequent flyer number is never touched by SK. Points posts nicely to the right place.

What I do, is that I always check my booking by going to the SK website. (The app does not display third party FF number, AFAIK). If it doesn't display my status (*G) then I know something has gone wrong and I need to take action before checking in. In those cases, I use the chat which usually gets it right within a few tries.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:02 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

And in a turn-around moment, the first leg correctly posted on M+B

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.