Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
SAS has its own lounge at Chicago (ORD), which is located in Terminal 5, near Gates M19-M20:

- SAS Lounge (access for EBP, EBD, EBG, *A Gold, *A First Class, *A Business Class, SAS Business, SAS Plus)

In addition to the above lounge in Terminal 5, there are also other lounges located in the other terminals at ORD, a selection of which is provided below:

- United Polaris Lounge (Terminal 1, near Gate C18, access only for intercontinental *A Business, including SAS Business)
- United Clubs (several different locations available in terminals 1 and 2, access to *A First (intercontinental), *A Business (interncontinental) and *G)

To get from Terminal 1, 2 and 3 to Terminal 5 you can use to Airport Transit System (ATS) without leaving the secure area.
Print Wikipost

SAS Lounge Chicago (ORD)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium; Priority Club Platinum; Hyatt Globalist
SAS from ORD to ARN

I've searched diligently through this forum (as well as the SAS website and FLY ORD site) and can't find the info I need. What time does the SAS counter open at ORD? And what time does the SAS lounge open in ORD? Thank you so much in advance.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

View Screen Capture
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Just want to point out that the screenshot Oliver posted mentions that there is no self-service machine. This is false and there are in fact 2 of them at the SK counters which are available for use all day and thus allows you to get a paper BP before the counters open.

If you get to ORD before the SK lounge opens and use the machines to get a BP if you have no others means, you can use the LX lounge as *G.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Is this not information pre-dating the changed schedule of SK945/946?

SK945 is now departing 2100 - and here it states check-in 1315-1700
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Thats whats currently on sassalesinfo. The Amadeus GGAIRSKCHI info page(s) say the same and were last updated in March:

Code:
                        CHICAGO CITY INFO     EN  16MAR16 0751Z                 
                          SAS CHICAGO                                           
                        STATION SERVICES                                        
 SAS, TERMINAL 5                                                                
 O'HARE AIRPORT                                                                 
 CHECK-IN:                                                                      

SAS BUSINESS, SAS PLUS        CHECK-IN OPENS AT 15.45                          
 AND SAS GO                                                                     
 SAS SELF SERVICE MACHINE      NOT AVAILABLE                                    

OPENING HOURS FOR SK946       1315-1700                                        
 OPENING HOURS FOR SK944       1915-2300                                        
 SITA ADDRESS                  ORDKKSK  - STATION MANAGER                       

FAST TRACK SECURITY AVAILABLE FOR                                              
 EBP, EBD, EBG, BUSINESS AND SAS PLUS PASSENGERS.                               

INT'L DIALLING CODE   +1-773- PHONE NO.                                        

END OF INFO                                          

CHICAGO CITY INFO     EN  16MAR16 0751Z                 
                        CHICAGO                                                 
                      LOUNGE INFO                                               

SAS BUSINESS LOUNGE                                                            
 TERMINAL 5 BETWEEN                                                             
 GATES M-13 AND M-15                                                            

OPENING HOURS              LOUNGE OPENS 1500                                   

CLOSES APPROXIMATELY 30 MINUTES BEFORE              
                            THE LAST SCHEDULED SAS DEPARTURE.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
Was just about to start a very similar topic: I am on SK 946 departing at 21:05. Anyone know if dinner is served upon takeoff? I'd REALLY prefer attempting to get some sleep at that hour, which is made difficult with dinner being served.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium; Priority Club Platinum; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Is this not information pre-dating the changed schedule of SK945/946?

SK945 is now departing 2100 - and here it states check-in 1315-1700

Thank you all for your help.

I agree that the times seem very weird with SK946 departing at 2105, but it says it opens for SAS Business (which we are flying) at 1545, so I am going to assume we can check in at 1545?

Thanks for the info on the kiosks, although since we will have checked luggage, I doubt we can use them.

We have a long layover and probably will not have the initiative to go sightseeing, so would rather be inside security and in the lounge, rather than waiting to check in with our luggage.

Clay_C., I cannot imagine dinner won't be served. I've never flown a TATL flight that doesn't serve dinner on takeoff, no matter how late. Hopefully, they have eye shades and ear plugs for you!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by itrvl
Thank you all for your help.

I agree that the times seem very weird with SK946 departing at 2105, but it says it opens for SAS Business (which we are flying) at 1545, so I am going to assume we can check in at 1545?

Thanks for the info on the kiosks, although since we will have checked luggage, I doubt we can use them.

We have a long layover and probably will not have the initiative to go sightseeing, so would rather be inside security and in the lounge, rather than waiting to check in with our luggage.

Clay_C., I cannot imagine dinner won't be served. I've never flown a TATL flight that doesn't serve dinner on takeoff, no matter how late. Hopefully, they have eye shades and ear plugs for you!
There will be dinner served in all clases. I am normally on the CPH flight that leaves an hour later - and normally go to the restaurant at the airport Hilton to get a decent meal - and then skip inflighr meal service to get a decent nights sleep. Also with ARN crowd filling up the lounge the is little incentive to stop by there.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
I was 99% sure there would be dinner service...but as SAS provides absolutely no information on this, I asked.

I will be hitting the lounge to get my drink on a bit...then leaving to eat and visit the restroom, as the is apparently not possible in the lounge at ORD. I strongly suspect there will be an eye shade and earplugs in the business class amenity kit, but I shall come prepared with my own (as well as a sleeping pill) to bolster my effort to fall asleep while others dine.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by Clay_C.
I was 99% sure there would be dinner service...but as SAS provides absolutely no information on this, I asked.

I will be hitting the lounge to get my drink on a bit...then leaving to eat and visit the restroom, as the is apparently not possible in the lounge at ORD. I strongly suspect there will be an eye shade and earplugs in the business class amenity kit, but I shall come prepared with my own (as well as a sleeping pill) to bolster my effort to fall asleep while others dine.
You will get eye shades, ear plugs, toothbrush, toothpaste, socks, lip balm and body cream - all in a black pouch/purse.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:59 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Just want to point out that the screenshot Oliver posted mentions that there is no self-service machine. This is false and there are in fact 2 of them at the SK counters which are available for use all day and thus allows you to get a paper BP before the counters open.

If you get to ORD before the SK lounge opens and use the machines to get a BP if you have no others means, you can use the LX lounge as *G.
Online check in works to get PDF boarding passes for ORD-ARN even when the US citizen has no EU/EEA residency and no onward travel on the SK ticketed itinerary.

SAS Plus passengers at ORD sometimes have trouble with getting to use the premium security line.

If you think the SK ORD lounge is packed in advance of the ORD-ARN flight -- and it is often enough -- the LX ORD lounge is even worse in that regard before the ORD-ZRH flight. [The LX lounge closes around or just before 7pm.]
Old Aug 31, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Online check in works to get PDF boarding passes for ORD-ARN even when the US citizen has no EU/EEA residency and no onward travel on the SK ticketed itinerary.
Yea right. This hasn't worked in forever and SK broke the OLCI BP feature in their App for US-travel (in either direction) again...

Its most efficient to check-in online (either app or browser) and then just spend the additional minute to grab a BP from the machine as you exit the train.

SAS Plus passengers at ORD sometimes have trouble with getting to use the premium security line.
It works fine for Business and EBD and the 'premium security line' is hardly a time saver around the time you go through security for the SK departures.

If you think the SK ORD lounge is packed in advance of the ORD-ARN flight -- and it is often enough -- the LX ORD lounge is even worse in that regard before the ORD-ZRH flight. [The LX lounge closes around or just before 7pm.]
I made the comment so people are aware that there is a lounge option before the ...... SK lounge opens. The LX lounge isn't very busy just before LX7 starts boarding. You can then either continue to enjoy that lounge or move to the SK one.

The one improvement in the SK lounge we've seen this year is that they are now using local staff instead of FA's which are much better at turning people away that are not eligible for lounge access. Unfortunately now the ORD-ARN and ORD-CPH flights are closer to each other this has made very little difference to how packed the lounge gets and the food issue is still not addressed.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 4:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yea right. This hasn't worked in forever and SK broke the OLCI BP feature in their App for US-travel (in either direction) again...
I just did it a few days ago on my laptops and got the PYOBP to work fine.

The LX lounge isn't very busy just before LX7 starts boarding.
Before LX 9 boarding, it's been packed even in late August. I just did it again a few days ago.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:01 am

The one improvement in the SK lounge we've seen this year is that they are now using local staff instead of FA's which are much better at turning people away that are not eligible for lounge access.
FAs? No those were SAS employees, some of which happened to be of scandinavian descent.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I just did it a few days ago on my laptops and got the PYOBP to work fine.
Yes, printing the PDF from the web check-in works fine. Getting the digital boarding pass in the SAS app doesn't anymore. I didn't work for years, then it worked some time and now it again does not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.