Search

UA irrop, booked to LH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass
UA irrop, booked to LH

Hello....
First, let me express and a gratitude for your help with this question.
I am currently booked on SK94 for next week, in Plus. Does anyone know if an irrop were to occur and I was booked or a LH flight from Chicago to Frankfurt if I would also be booked into LH's new Premium economy product, or Y? Thank you.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by DEPAW
Hello....
First, let me express and a gratitude for your help with this question.
I am currently booked on SK94 for next week, in Plus. Does anyone know if an irrop were to occur and I was booked or a LH flight from Chicago to Frankfurt if I would also be booked into LH's new Premium economy product, or Y? Thank you.
In principle yes, as it otherwise would be considered a downgrade. However availability is always a point. Though they may very well try to route you via SK alternatives, before going for LH. The other SK ORD flight (there is CPH and ORD), via EWR or IAD.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
In principle yes, as it otherwise would be considered a downgrade. However availability is always a point. Though they may very well try to route you via SK alternatives, before going for LH. The other SK ORD flight (there is CPH and ORD), via EWR or IAD.
Thank you. I would be originating out of MCI with UA, so getting to either IAD or EWR is tricky.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
However you need to be very careful here as the SK booking classes for Plus will mean economy on LH metal. So, if the agent doesn't pay attention and rebooks Y on SK to Y on LH you might end up in economy.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
UA will deliver you to ORD and not touch the ticket. Once in ORD you will have to make your way to T5 from T1 and beg at the SAS counter there. SAS will insist you contact United since they messed up your arrival into ORD. Problem is there is no United counter in T5. So after sometime SAS will look into what they can do. *A partners can rebook misconnects/irreg onto each other without prior verification, so SAS will and can look for alternatives on LH/UA/SK.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.