Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS PLUS SAVER fare Intra-Europe

SAS PLUS SAVER fare Intra-Europe

Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by intuition
I do understand they need to make some kind of diferentiation between saver and regular.
My point is that they do sell the saver tickets as changeable which they in reality are not.
'Yes, you are allowed change it, but the cost for a change is higher than a new ticket.'
That's what the other airlines do as well. A ticket is changeable as long as it is possible to change it. It doesn't say the fine print, i.E. with or without change fee or fare bucket restrictions and repricing.

Just look what mess the LH group airlines have created with their economy fares... (light/classic/flex)

Basically the Plus Saver ticket is Go ticket but with Plus cabin service (whatever that is worth to you) and increased point earning and groud services.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by fassy
That's what the other airlines do as well. A ticket is changeable as long as it is possible to change it. It doesn't say the fine print, i.E. with or without change fee or fare bucket restrictions and repricing.

Just look what mess the LH group airlines have created with their economy fares... (light/classic/flex)

Basically the Plus Saver ticket is Go ticket but with Plus cabin service (whatever that is worth to you) and increased point earning and groud services.
Exactly, I used to be more generous when buying them when they were all flexible (within same fare class), but now this means I only buy, if diff is less than 200DKK o/w on shorter distances and 400 on longer, just because you are almost guaranteed no seatmate.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:56 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by fassy
That's what the other airlines do as well. A ticket is changeable as long as it is possible to change it. ...
Again, I do understand that. But when the low cost "flexible" Y ticket has a change fee in the region of 3-400€ it is borderline shady, like selling you a TV set and add an "insurance" that will only cover the same thing as the guarantee. Sure, some people will buy it thinking they are getting something that is worth the money.

Most people might not change the ticket after all, so they will never notice the shadiness, just like most people won't have a problem with the TV set. Doesn't really make the practice OK in my book.

Are you saying that LH also has change fees in this region?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
OTOH, I found the SK policy for changes on short haul quite good. I think the fee is 600 dkk (used to be 500?) plus the fare difference. Basically if your original ticket costed more than 600, then it is always slightly cheaper to re-book than to buy a new ticket (in GO).

In PLUS, short haul, so far all my tickets were cancellable without a fee. So there the strategy is indeed to cancel, and to buy a new one.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Quick question about SAS PLUS SAVER Intra-Europe, I have to trips AMS-ARN in early 2018 and understood that fast track and lounge access are not available at AMS?
Nothing booked yet as fast track would be the main reason for me to book this fare, given the rather long queues often at AMS..
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Great_circle
Quick question about SAS PLUS SAVER Intra-Europe, I have to trips AMS-ARN in early 2018 and understood that fast track and lounge access are not available at AMS?
Nothing booked yet as fast track would be the main reason for me to book this fare, given the rather long queues often at AMS..
AMS is still on the fast track list and also the lounge benefit was never cut there. So AMS is now the only airport where SK has an agreement with a third party lounge.

https://www.sas.se/content/dam/sas/p...Track-2017.pdf
Great_circle likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:09 am

Have been in AMS last month and can confirm fast track security and lounge still works.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Flew from Malaga to Stockholm today in SAS Plus. As expected, no fast track and no lounge access. Fortunately, the queue went quickly and I didn't have much time left before boarding started so it seemed I did not miss much of the cut benefits.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Booked some Plus Saver trips for getting around Europe. Excellent value (about 30 Euros ahead of Go fares) given we are used to Air New Zealand's seats to suit product (not too dissimilar to the SAS price concepts). One of the reasons I book it is that for us NZ points and status collectors we earn on this as if it were business class fares. For a comparison, the Swiss Saver business fares around Europe earn full Y on NZ so SK is particularly attractive especially as I squeeze in a connection over OSL or CPH for no extra cash but a fair bit of extra earning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.