Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS @ Frankfurt Questions (Ground Handling/Stand-by)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP

Just wondering if SK uses their own agents in FRA or if LH handles their flights.

Anyone ever have luck standing by for an earlier flight. I am currently booked on an early evening SK flight but would like to stand by for one of the LH frequencies.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kluau88
Just wondering if SK uses their own agents in FRA or if LH handles their flights.

Anyone ever have luck standing by for an earlier flight. I am currently booked on an early evening SK flight but would like to stand by for one of the LH frequencies.
Generally you can't stand by with SK as it is known from the US.

If you have a flexible ticket you can ask to be rebooked when you get to the airport. But that is within the SK departures. You will not be able to rebook to an LH flight. If you are booked in one of the lower Plus booking classes it may very well result in a repricing to the available booking class. And SK does have a tendency to zero out the lower booking classes close to departure. If not as bad as Lufthansa Group.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by kluau88
I am currently booked on an early evening SK flight but would like to stand by for one of the LH frequencies.
Forget it; not going to happen. If you want to get on the earlier LH flight you need to rebook and ticket to be reissued (but most likely it will be very expensive).
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:50 am

I have a quite good track record getting on earlier SK flights out of CPH and OSL by asking nicely at the transfer desk. So far about 8 out of 10 times.

Anyway, never had any luck at an out-station and definitely not trying to get on a flight with a partner airline (LH).
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Although LH does the checkin/gate for SK in FRA & MUC, the SOP for ticket changes is to direct you to call SAS for voluntary changes. Some fares do allow a change to LH operated SK codeshares.@:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.