Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS pilots threaten largest strike in years [SE flight crew on strike 09-12JUN2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
SAS info to TAs:

Code:
13JUN16
Traffic disturbances due to industrial action (13JUN16 09:25 UTC)
We regret that our passengers may be affected by the current pilots’ strike in Sweden. Unfortunately, there will be cancellations and delays to, from and within Sweden 13JUN16.

Check Flight status regarding flight information.    

Flights operating between ARN and CPH:
Aircraft B737 - operated by Swedish pilots
Aircraft A319, A320, A321 - operated by Danish pilots

Flights operating between ARN and OSL:
Flight numbers in 800-series - operated by Norwegian pilots 
Flight numbers in 400-series and 1400-series - operated by Swedish pilots  

Flight operating between CPH and OSL:
Flight numbers in 400-series - operated by Danish pilots 
Flight numbers in 1400-series - operated by Norwegian pilots  

Traffic program 13JUN16
All flights operated with Swedish pilots are cancelled. Note: Corresponding homebound flights from night stop will be cancelled in the morning 14JUN16. 
SAS Intercontinental flights, wet lease flights and flights operated with Danish and Norwegian pilots will operate. 

Traffic program 12JUN16

All flights operated with Swedish pilots are cancelled. Note: Corresponding homebound flights from night stop will be cancelled in the morning 13JUN16. 
SAS Intercontinental flights, wet lease flights and flights operated with Danish and Norwegian pilots will operate. 
Traffic program 11JUN16

All flights operated with Swedish pilots are cancelled. 
Traffic program 10JUN16 after 18.00 l.t.
All flights operated with Swedish pilots are cancelled. 
SAS Intercontinental flights and wet lease flights will operate.  

Rebooking

Passengers holding SK/117-document with SK operated flights, cancelled or not yet cancelled, may be involuntary rebooked to other SK operated flights, including wet lease.
Valid for passengers holding a ticket for travel 10JUN16-14JUN16.
Note: Wet lease flights and SAS Intercontinental flights are planned to operate according to schedule. 
Tickets may be rebooked both outbound and inbound.
Also applicable for Group reservations.   
Rebooking to be made in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked.

New date of travel must be on/before 31OCT16.
Tickets must be marked with:
FE invol reissued due strike on SAS 

If necessary, change of Origin and Destination to/from SK destinations (including wet lease) is permitted. Tickets must be reissued before passenger arrives to new origin/destination airport.
Note: New Origin or Destination must be within reasonable distance from original Origin or Destination.
Passengers booked on SK intercontinental flights to/from Scandinavia

Passengers booked on SK intercontinental flights to/from Scandinavia with onward cancelled or not cancelled SK connection to Europe may be involuntary rebooked according to ordinary rebooking policy.
Rebooking to be made in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked.

If more than 24 hours before departure, see information below.
Rebooking for passengers with other airline tickets

Passengers booked on cancelled or not yet cancelled SK operated flights, holding other airlines document, may be involuntary rebooked to other SK operated flights, including wet lease.

Rebooking to other airlines within 24 hours 

SK operated flights cancelled within 24 hours of original departure time, may be rebooked to SAS interline partners, in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked, Group and Award tickets included.
SK Interline Partners

Rebooking to other airlines more than 24 hours 

SK operated flights cancelled more than 24 hours before departure, may be rebooked to below interline partners, in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked, Group and Award tickets included:  
BT, OS, OU, SN, WF
Exception for LH, LX and UA, where class mapping must be followed, see below.  

Lufthansa, LH, effective 09JUN16 until further

SK
	C 	D 	J 	Z 	Y 	S 	B 	P 	A 	E 	M 	H 	Q 	V 	W 	U 	K 	L 	T 	O

LH
	C 	D 	D 	Z 	G 	E 	N 	N 	N 	H 	Q 	Q 	V 	W 	S 	W 	S 	T 	L 	L

Swiss, LX, effective 09JUN16 until furher  

To / From ZRH 

SK
	C 	D 	J 	Z 	Y 	S 	B 	P 	E 	M 	A 	H 	Q 	V 	W 	U 	K 	L 	T 	O

LX
	C 	D 	D 	Z 	U 	H 	V 	T 	H 	Q 	L 	Q 	W 	L 	W 	T 	T 	L 	L 	K

All other routes

SK
	C 	D 	J 	Z 	Y 	S 	B 	P 	E 	M 	A 	H 	Q 	V 	W 	U 	K 	L 	T 	O

LX
	C 	D 	D 	Z 	B 	U 	H 	W 	B 	U 	L 	H 	Q 	L 	V 	W 	T 	E 	L 	K

United Airlines, UA, effective 09JUN16 until further

Three cabin and two cabin operations

SK
	C 	D 	Z 	Y 	S 	B 	E 	M 	H 	P 	Q 	V 	A 	W 	U 	K 	L 	T

UA
	D 	Z 	P 	E 	E 	E 	U 	H 	Q 	V 	V 	W 	S 	S 	T 	L 	K 	G

One cabin Economy operations

SK
	C 	D 	Z 	Y 	S 	B 	E 	M 	H 	P 	Q 	V 	A 	W 	U 	K 	L 	T

UA
	E 	E 	E 	E 	E 	E 	U 	H 	Q 	V 	V 	W 	S 	S 	T 	L 	K 	G

Rebooking and ticket reissue for Travel Agents

Travel Agents are authorized to involuntary rebook and reissue SK/117-document with SK operated flights, cancelled or not yet cancelled, according to above. 
If above instructions not followed, ADM will be sent.
Refund

Refund permitted for cancelled flights.
Print Wikipost

SAS pilots threaten largest strike in years [SE flight crew on strike 09-12JUN2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors

So, there is a new strike looming at SAS.

Norwegian newspaper Dagens Næringsliv wrote that a sticking point between the two sides is the pilots’ summer work schedules. The airline said it has had to ground six of its European routes in the peak travel season because too many pilots have taken summer holiday.

If the talks are unsuccessful, 435 Norwegian pilots will go on strike effective Thursday morning while roughly 400 Swedish pilots are expected to follow suit on Friday. If the Swedes make good on their threats, it would have a significant impact on the airline’s long-distance flights in and out of Stockholm Arlanda.
http://www.thelocal.se/20160608/sas-...trike-in-years

So, you work in the tourism industry and then want to take your holidays during the busiest time of the year? Seriously?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by alibi
So, you work in the tourism industry and then want to take your holidays during the busiest time of the year? Seriously?
So, you run an airline and approve pilot's vacation during the busiest and most profitable time of the year? Seriously?

Nevertheless, I agree that especially pilots should know better.

With all these strikes, Norway is starting to give France a run for their money. I don't know why but I always held the country in high regard. This is the second (potential) strike in short time which has nothing to do with a serious dispute but just spoiled employees wanting more/better and abusing the strike-card to get what they want.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: More than one

Why not. It's the best time to put pressure on the airline, and it's been the same story more or less every second year for the last 6-10 years. Normally the come to an agreement at the 11'th hour, but sometime they strike for a couple of days, with losses for both parties which are much higher than the amount they are disagreeing on.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
So, you run an airline and approve pilot's vacation during the busiest and most profitable time of the year? Seriously?

Nevertheless, I agree that especially pilots should know better.

With all these strikes, Norway is starting to give France a run for their money. I don't know why but I always held the country in high regard. This is the second (potential) strike in short time which has nothing to do with a serious dispute but just spoiled employees wanting more/better and abusing the strike-card to get what they want.
It's both Norway and Sweden who are threatening to strike at the same time this time as far as I understand. It's standard procedure when the union agreements have to be renegotiated. Don't know when Denmark is up for renegotiation of the union agreement.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Don't know when Denmark is up for renegotiation of the union agreement.
SAS signed a 2 year agreement with the Danish pilots in 2015.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
SAS has the warning up on their site now (maybe it's been up earlier but I didn't look;this message is updated 19.05 today) :
https://www.sas.dk/info/
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by helosc
SAS has the warning up on their site now (maybe it's been up earlier but I didn't look;this message is updated 19.05 today) :
https://www.sas.dk/info/
A bit unusual, pax with bookings 9 June to 12 June can already now (before it is known whether there will be an industrial action or not) rebook to other SK-operated flights – with travel until 31. October!

So, if you want to change your non-flex ticket, it is now...

Callcenters have extended their operating hours.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
According to tonight's Aktuellt, the Swedish TV news, the strike would affect Swedish domestic flights and intra-European flights. No mention of long haul flights.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
A bit unusual, pax with bookings 9 June to 12 June can already now (before it is known whether there will be an industrial action or not) rebook to other SK-operated flights – with travel until 31. October!

So, if you want to change your non-flex ticket, it is now...

Callcenters have extended their operating hours.
Yes, I found this a bit unusual too which is partly why I posted the link.
I have an Intra -European flight on Friday but I don't want to reschedule.....
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:20 pm

Programs: SK Gold
Yes, I found this a bit unusual too which is partly why I posted the link.
I have an Intra -European flight on Friday but I don't want to reschedule.....
I'm guessing the free rebooking is partly offered because of the possible strike at security at OSL on Friday which will make a whole bigger mess (OSL will shut down for all outbound pax) than the strike by the SAS-pilots. BA, among others, also offer rebookings I think.

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/avinor/pressreleases/consequences-at-oslo-airport-in-the-event-of-a-strike-by-parat-members-1432589

Last edited by sykkelthor; Jun 8, 2016 at 11:43 pm
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:24 am

Pilots doesn't work in the tourism industry, they work in the transportation industry.

Your comments aside, travel decreases during the summer. Business travel > holiday travel.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:19 am

And as of 16.40 today, they are still negotiating.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:31 am

I rebooked to Norwegian on my shorthaul intrascandinavia flight tomorrow, since I need to get back.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
The strike has been cancelled as the parties have reached an agreement.

http://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-has-r...pilots-unions/

Svantevit
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:32 am

Thank you for posting the good news.
I can see that they are still negotiating with the Swedish pilots though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.