Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Random checks of carry on at ARN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Random checks of carry on at ARN

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Flew CPH-ORD today and pax were bringing 2 and 3 carryon bags on board with no one saying a word.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Last month I flew RT ARN>FRA on SAS in Go and FRA>KWI on LH in E+. Brought a carryon backpack (only) that was a tad oversize and overweight on the way out, and significantly oversize and overweight on the way back. I've done this trip before and used the pack on many trips, so I knew from experience that it would fit in the overhead bin on the SAS flight and it would be no trouble at all in the centre aisle bin in E+ on the LH flight.

On the way back I had it filled to the gills on the LH flight, where the overhead bin in the A330 centre aisle had plenty of room, but for FRA>ARN I split it into two separate carryons, using a hotel laundry bag to carry two pairs of new athletic shoes that I was bringing back (long story), as I knew that they would make the bag too thick to fit in the overhead bin of the SAS B738.

Nobody bothered to check it for size or weight on any of the legs of the trip.

http://www.511tactical.com/all-hazar...-backpack.html
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:55 am

It will take some time before they actually broadly enforce the new policy. Same happened at LH, and even there, you still get away with excessive hand luggage as long as you do not check-in in person. Btw. check-in in person at a desk in CPH has always (at least last 5 years) ended up getting my carry-on weighted and checked if to heavy.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by fassy
It will take some time before they actually broadly enforce the new policy.
Well the thread was originally about inspections at the gate in ARN and not much was noticed and now nothing is mentioned anymore. So I don't know if it will be broadly enforced in the end.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Bump - 2 carry-on bags from the US

Bumping this, since it's the most relevant recent thread; feel free to move as necessary.

Does anyone have experience bringing 2 carry-on bags (plus personal item) on flights from the US? Since premium cabin pax on SK (and others) are allowed 2 standard sized bags, I was wondering if TSA would let you through the checkpoint.

Along the same lines, would I get pushback (whether from check-in, gate, or security) on the intra-Europe segments for having the extra bag? I'd hate to be the one to hog the overhead bins on a narrowbody, but if it's within my allowance...

It's unlikely that I'll actually need the second item (if I do, it'll probably be checked), but it would be nice to know if I'll actually have that option. Thanks!

PS: I'm assuming CR9s would require planeside valet?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Security isn't going to enforce airline luggage policy, you can safely bring 2 carry-on bags through virtually any airport security.

If all your flights are on SK the policy probably won't be enforced. If you are flying Business it certainly won't be a problem. I've had to travel with 2 carry-on bags repeatedly and despite a comment once, the FA apologised after showing my BP.

In most cases the CR9's do get planeside valet but this is done in the usual unprofessional SAS fashion. So the folks who boarded first on the departure airport as a result of enforced priority boarding at remote airports will get their carry-on luggage last when arriving at a SAS hub as they unload the planes in the wrong order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.