Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS and problems CPH Fast Track with *A Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Let's put your reply from CPH regarding CPH Fast Track here:

Please do not publish names!

Here are mine:

Regarding your inquiry 00160075: CPH Fast track for Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Elite members. () [ ref:_00D24aWRh._50024RQJyq:ref ]
Inbox
x

[email protected] [email protected] via rvbur4h79zy2.24-awrheam.eu5.bnc.salesforce.com
Jun 10 (2 days ago)

Dear

Thank you for contacting Copenhagen Airport.

As for Turkish Airlines, Turkish Corporate Club, Miles &Smiles Elite, and Miles and Smiles Elite Plus

Gold/Premium card holders will be granted access when presenting a valid ticket with the given airline - provided the airline is a CPH Express partner.

If you have further questions about your case please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
<redacted>
Customer Agent
Regarding your inquiry 00160075: CPH Fast track for Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Elite members. () [ ref:_00D24aWRh._50024RQJyq:ref ]
Inbox
x

[email protected] via iqcjtzujf8v6.24-awrheam.eu5.bnc.salesforce.com
Jun 10 (2 days ago)

Dear ,

Please check link below for further information:
https://www.cph.dk/en/about-cph/b2b/airline-sales/FacilitiesProducts/cph-express/

Best regards,
<redacted]
Customer Agent
Print Wikipost

SAS and problems CPH Fast Track with *A Gold

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Most airlines will only grant you CPH express access when you are flying on their own metal. SK is a little nicer. They grant you fast track access if you have EBG or EBD status and flying on *A metal. They still won't grant you access if you are flying e.g. Norwegian. Not even if you were EBP.
Actually as EBP, your fast track is granted irrespective of airline. Even DY or FR in combination with EBP should let you in. EBP + plus any carrier is on the instructions for the fast track staff. Though I have never been in the happy situation to test the EBP privileges myself.
Old May 26, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
No. You airline frequent flyer status matter, not the equivalent *A status.
Well now we are just discussing semantics, or fly f..... as you call it in DK? as any notable FFP status will equal to *G.

I can't see why fast track access cannot be like lounge access? *G + *A carrier = access
Old May 26, 2016, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by boosh
Well now we are just discussing semantics, or fly f..... as you call it in DK? as any notable FFP status will equal to *G.

I can't see why fast track access cannot be like lounge access? *G + *A carrier = access
With all due respect. That is not f...ing semantics, or splitting hairs as the saying goes in English. That is understanding the basics of how Star Alliance works. If it has a Star Gold logo, it applies to Star Alliance Gold Status, if it does not have a Star Gold logo it is up to the individual airline. In this case it does not have a Star Alliance Gold logo, it has the status cards of the individual airlines. And thus it does not apply generally to *G. Very simple.
Very simple in theory, more complicated in actual application for e.g. TK. Which is where the whole thread started.
If you are wondering why, it boils down to who foots the bill....
Old May 26, 2016, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
With all due respect. That is not f...ing semantics, or splitting hairs as the saying goes in English. That is understanding the basics of how Star Alliance works. If it has a Star Gold logo, it applies to Star Alliance Gold Status, if it does not have a Star Gold logo it is up to the individual airline. In this case it does not have a Star Alliance Gold logo, it has the status cards of the individual airlines. And thus it does not apply generally to *G. Very simple.
Very simple in theory, more complicated in actual application for e.g. TK. Which is where the whole thread started.
If you are wondering why, it boils down to who foots the bill....
I didn't say it was a *G fast track, just that it is near impossible to have any meaningful status with a FFP that woul not equate to *G. No need nitpick

And I did not write f....... semantics, but fly f...... which i believe is is a Danish Proverb?
Old May 26, 2016, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is what we are actually trying to explain to you. The lacking access is not that uncommon by the way, I have just walked through a security check where ANA Bronze (*S) get access to fast track flying ANA, but where I as *G flying ANA has to take the normal line because ANA does not pay for *G. And J did not save me either.

I didn't say it was a *G fast track, just that it is near impossible to have any meaningful status with a FFP that woul not equate to *G. No need nitpick

And I did not write f....... semantics, but fly f...... which i believe is is a Danish Proverb?
No, I was the one putting the conjugated four letter word together with a negatition and the word "semantics" Which I did because we are not in the realm of semantics. And yes, that is a Danish proverb.

In terms of the CPH Express fast track, your Star Alliance status is utterly irrelevant. What is relevant is your HON/Senator status if you fly LX/LH/OS/LO (and probably a few others) your TK Elite and Elite+ if you fly TK, your Super Elite status if you fly Air Canada etc. That they all equate to *G does not matter here, because *G does not grant you any access in itself. If you are a ANA *G, you do not get access to CPH Express as ANA does not pay CPH for the priviledge. You do get lounge access as NH does pay SK for that priviledge.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:47 am

In terms of the CPH Express fast track, your Star Alliance status is utterly irrelevant. What is relevant is your HON/Senator status if you fly LX/LH/OS/LO (and probably a few others) your TK Elite and Elite+ if you fly TK, your Super Elite status if you fly Air Canada etc. That they all equate to *G does not matter here, because *G does not grant you any access in itself. If you are a ANA *G, you do not get access to CPH Express as ANA does not pay CPH for the priviledge. You do get lounge access as NH does pay SK for that priviledge.
Why do you keep assuming we are mistaking this for a *G FastTrack? It is quite simple to find out what is and what isn't via this

http://www.staralliance.com/en/gold-track
Old May 26, 2016, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do you keep assuming we are mistaking this for a *G FastTrack? It is quite simple to find out what is and what isn't via this

I am not the one that keeps saying the *G status matters...
Old May 27, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: More than one
Well fast track access is like lounge access. The problem is just there are no *G logo, so there are no *G access to fast track, just like with the LH HON lounges in Frankfurth. There are no *G logo, so your *G status wont grant you access here. You have to go to the LH business or Senator lounges with the *G logo to get in based on your *G status.

If the *A airlines would agree to pay for it, I'm sure SK would be happy to turn the fast track into a *G fast track, but until that happens there are no fast track/CPH express access based on your *G status.

Last edited by highupinthesky; May 27, 2016 at 9:21 am
Old May 27, 2016, 9:50 am

That link is actually quite interesting.

In DUS which is a LH longhaul hub, only 1 airline is mentioned as participation airline, and it's not LH

In DTW (US) Air Canada, LH and United are listed as participation airlines. The only *G lounge and actually the only *A airline lounge at all in that airport is an LH lounge (by far better than any United club lounge I've been visiting so far)

All in all as I read it. The participation airlines are those airlines who are paying for the *A gold track. In CPH, SK is apparently not prepared to pay the bill for a *A gold track alone, so until another *A airline steps up, there will be no *A gold track at CPH.
SK are participation in *A gold tracks in many airports around the world, so personally I find it ok, for them not to fund the *A gold track alone at CPH airport.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Interesting - I wasn't aware that *A is doing this. Location wise is still limited though. Neither DK/SE/NO has fast track.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a funny list in some places. For Haneda terminal 2. (ANA Domestic terminal) they have started having a Gold Track. They have renamed (at least online) the ANA fast track to make the list seem longer. Of course they can argue that all *A flights gives access...
Old May 30, 2016, 6:38 am

This is a funny list in some places. For Haneda terminal 2. (ANA Domestic terminal) they have started having a Gold Track. They have renamed (at least online) the ANA fast track to make the list seem longer. Of course they can argue that all *A flights gives access...
I don't know who decides where to have a *A gold track, and where not, but the difference between an airline specific fast track and a *A gold track, is exactly that in a airline specific fast track, it's only the local airline FF status that counts, where as in a *A gold track everyone with *G status have access.
Old May 30, 2016, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know who decides where to have a *A gold track, and where not, but the difference between an airline specific fast track and a *A gold track, is exactly that in a airline specific fast track, it's only the local airline FF status that counts, where as in a *A gold track everyone with *G status have access.
ANA always recognised *G so it is just a massive marketing hype to call it Gold Track. I doubt the signage in the airport changed, especially reading the text...
Old May 30, 2016, 4:44 pm

ANA always recognised *G so it is just a massive marketing hype to call it Gold Track. I doubt the signage in the airport changed, especially reading the text...
Since it's an official *A gold track now, I'm pretty sure the *G logo is there.
Old May 30, 2016, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since it's an official *A gold track now, I'm pretty sure the *G logo is there.
The *G has been there for a long while, nothing new in that. It was even there when Haneda was not on the Gold Track list.. I was more thinking about the whole Gold Track branding like in Narita. In Narita they put up a massive black "gate" saying Star Alliance Gold Track in shiny letters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.