Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS and problems CPH Fast Track with *A Gold

Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Let's put your reply from CPH regarding CPH Fast Track here:

Please do not publish names!

Here are mine:

Regarding your inquiry 00160075: CPH Fast track for Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Elite members. () [ ref:_00D24aWRh._50024RQJyq:ref ]
Inbox
x

[email protected] [email protected] via rvbur4h79zy2.24-awrheam.eu5.bnc.salesforce.com
Jun 10 (2 days ago)

Dear

Thank you for contacting Copenhagen Airport.

As for Turkish Airlines, Turkish Corporate Club, Miles &Smiles Elite, and Miles and Smiles Elite Plus

Gold/Premium card holders will be granted access when presenting a valid ticket with the given airline - provided the airline is a CPH Express partner.

If you have further questions about your case please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
<redacted>
Customer Agent
Regarding your inquiry 00160075: CPH Fast track for Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Elite members. () [ ref:_00D24aWRh._50024RQJyq:ref ]
Inbox
x

[email protected] via iqcjtzujf8v6.24-awrheam.eu5.bnc.salesforce.com
Jun 10 (2 days ago)

Dear ,

Please check link below for further information:
https://www.cph.dk/en/about-cph/b2b/airline-sales/FacilitiesProducts/cph-express/

Best regards,
<redacted]
Customer Agent
Print Wikipost

SAS and problems CPH Fast Track with *A Gold

Old May 24, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by intuition
As much as I loathe CPH, I can't agree on this. IME security staff have been friendly, happy and acting respectfully in majority of all encounters. Check in staff, baggage handlers and so on, yes terrible attitude. But as for security, I have most of the time experienced better treatment than from the average airport security.
CPH airport ranks in my top 3 of worst security personnel in Europe, right after LHR and AMS. Rude, insulting, disrespectful, uncooperative, unnecessary intrusive and generally misinformed miserable people. I share Nacho's experience and then some.

It was even worse before SK fixed the problem with machine issued boarding cards after using online check-in and we had the "computer says no" problem. Impossible to have a reasonable argument with those people.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well, I have had such encounters aswell, but lately the staff in the CPH express lane have been quite the opposite. Not sure what to make of that.

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
CPH airport ... Rude, insulting, disrespectful, uncooperative, unnecessary intrusive and generally misinformed miserable people. ...
One or more of those labels can be put on pretty much any staff member at CPH, especially the last adjective, so if that is all you've got then it clearly is not something we can bash security for
Old May 25, 2016, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Well, I have had such encounters aswell, but lately the staff in the CPH express lane have been quite the opposite. Not sure what to make of that.

One or more of those labels can be put on pretty much any staff member at CPH, especially the last adjective, so if that is all you've got then it clearly is not something we can bash security for
I guess the express lane staff are better, once I was at a regular lane and a male security staff lifted up my top to check if I had belt on my jeans after I told him that I don't have a belt on. I told Mr. afterwards and he doesn't seem to think it's a big deal - at that point I almost wanted to slap him.

Since then I decided not to wear jeans but loose fit trousers to prevent this from happening again.

Yes I lot of airports turned into shopping malls - mostly in Europe as far as I have experienced. I use HKG quite a lot and it's certainly not like that, can't re-call German airports are like that either. I don't mind them putting shops at air-side but being the first thing through security and putting out bottles of alcohols. It's horrible if you have small kids because I had to make sure that they don't knock any of them down as the aisle are so narrow when it's packed with people.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:50 am

Hmm, no... In general I can't complain about the staff in CPH. I never have any issues at the SK FastTrack and usually see a lot of smiles there. Same goes for the SK lounges, GA and transfer desks most of the time.

The only times I really was heavily annoyed by rude and inconsiderate behavior was when the SK FastTrack was closed and I had to go the other way... In all occasions the security guys were rude and insulting.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by nacho
I guess the express lane staff are better, once I was at a regular lane and a male security staff lifted up my top to check if I had belt on my jeans after I told him that I don't have a belt on. I told Mr. afterwards and he doesn't seem to think it's a big deal - at that point I almost wanted to slap him.
That sounds absolutely awful, I hope you reported that as in most countries that is not just an invasion of private life, but a violation of the penal code!!!!

Originally Posted by nacho
Yes I lot of airports turned into shopping malls - mostly in Europe as far as I have experienced. I use HKG quite a lot and it's certainly not like that, can't re-call German airports are like that either. I don't mind them putting shops at air-side but being the first thing through security and putting out bottles of alcohols. It's horrible if you have small kids because I had to make sure that they don't knock any of them down as the aisle are so narrow when it's packed with people.
Have you been to LGW? That if anything is even worse, as they not only drop in the middle of the duty free but have made the way out a small 'path' snaking through the entire shop.

Originally Posted by fassy
Hmm, no... In general I can't complain about the staff in CPH. I never have any issues at the SK FastTrack and usually see a lot of smiles there. Same goes for the SK lounges, GA and transfer desks most of the time.

The only times I really was heavily annoyed by rude and inconsiderate behavior was when the SK FastTrack was closed and I had to go the other way... In all occasions the security guys were rude and insulting.
Sounds like you don't really interact as much with airport staff as you do with SK staff? And if you go through the SK FastTrack then you are not subjected to the duty free? Lucky you!!!
Old May 25, 2016, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by boosh
Have you been to LGW? That if anything is even worse, as they not only drop in the middle of the duty free but have made the way out a small 'path' snaking through the entire shop.
I think the worst airports in this regards are some airports in the UK like MAN, GLA or BHX which FORCE you to walk all the way trough a narrow path the duty free shopping before you reach the plaza and gate area. ZRH does the same for exiting to the city but there at least the duty free is quite small.

I think in CPH it is not that bad, take a left or right and bypass the duty free if you do not like walking though it.

Sounds like you don't really interact as much with airport staff as you do with SK staff? And if you go through the SK FastTrack then you are not subjected to the duty free? Lucky you!!!
Yes, mostly dealing with SK staff (which in this forum do not have a great reputation either ) and using the SK FastTrack you have the option to pass duty free completely.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Yes, mostly dealing with SK staff (which in this forum do not have a great reputation either ) and using the SK FastTrack you have the option to pass duty free completely.
That is something ARN could improve on, letting people with fast-track access exit directly into the terminal. Avoiding the duty-free with lots of duty free liquor that you can't buy unless you're going to a minimal selection of destinations from terminal 5 because of Sweden's prehistoric liquor laws.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
That is something ARN could improve on, letting people with fast-track access exit directly into the terminal. Avoiding the duty-free with lots of duty free liquor that you can't buy unless you're going to a minimal selection of destinations from terminal 5 because of Sweden's prehistoric liquor laws.
Also I would argue that most people with FastTrack access are traveling so much, they only will buy a few items a year and then can certainly backtrack to any duty free shop in the terminal.

Might be good idea to lead the casual tourist traveler though the shopping maze but for a frequent flyer it is just annoying - and to be honest I rather pay more in a local shop where I really get what i want e.g. a small batch gin from a local distillery, than buy some boring Sapphire, Beefeater or Tanquery at the duty free shop. Also I'm still not convinced the duty free is cheaper then the open market prices... t least not for someone living in Germany.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:43 am

People that travel a lot will purchase duty/tax free in locations where they can maximise their financial gain. By definition that is not at any Scandinavian airport.

I do find the offer at ARN and CPH to be very decent and often much better than other major airports which makes it a bigger shame that it is useless.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: More than one
All the unusual *A suspects seems to be on there, including A3. There is an image for Premium Class passengers, and one for Loyalty Card Holders so I would read that as *G gives you access to the fast track. It doesn't state if it is carrier specific.
*A status doesn't matter unless there is a *G logo without an attached airline logo.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:54 am

Programs: More than one
No discussion here.

You can use the SK FastTrack:
1) SK*G (and *S during off-peak times) on any Star Alliance flight, in any class
2) Traveling on SK metal in Plus or business, status with whatever airline within *A doesn't matter.

Very simple, isn't it?

Really hard is just the CPH FastTrack... lack of transparency, incompetent and rude personal and wacky IT makes it a real shi**y experience.
I don't really think you and I disagree here.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
*A status doesn't matter unless there is a *G logo without an attached airline logo.
Okay, you should inform CPH then....?
Old May 25, 2016, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Okay, you should inform CPH then....?
CPH has no specific Star Alliance sign. That is one of the few things not in question. If it was a general Star Alliance fast track, it should be marked as Star Alliance Gold Track (whoever came up with that weird term) so nothing to inform them about in that context.

The question is on the applicability, and staff interpretation, of the individual airlines.
Old May 25, 2016, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
CPH has no specific Star Alliance sign. That is one of the few things not in question. If it was a general Star Alliance fast track, it should be marked as Star Alliance Gold Track (whoever came up with that weird term) so nothing to inform them about in that context.

The question is on the applicability, and staff interpretation, of the individual airlines.
It is not a Gold Track no but your *A status obviously matter
Old May 25, 2016, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It is not a Gold Track no but your *A status obviously matter
If it comes with the right airline and card combination. As does your one world Emerald if you fly the right airline, but not if you fly the wrong one. Air Berlin and JAL Emerald gets you no where.. SK *G Does not get you in with other *A carriers.

It is basically each airline taking care of their own elite members. NOT taking care of *G.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.