Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS and problems CPH Fast Track with *A Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Let's put your reply from CPH regarding CPH Fast Track here:

Please do not publish names!

Here are mine:

Regarding your inquiry 00160075: CPH Fast track for Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Elite members. () [ ref:_00D24aWRh._50024RQJyq:ref ]
Inbox
x

[email protected] [email protected] via rvbur4h79zy2.24-awrheam.eu5.bnc.salesforce.com
Jun 10 (2 days ago)

Dear

Thank you for contacting Copenhagen Airport.

As for Turkish Airlines, Turkish Corporate Club, Miles &Smiles Elite, and Miles and Smiles Elite Plus

Gold/Premium card holders will be granted access when presenting a valid ticket with the given airline - provided the airline is a CPH Express partner.

If you have further questions about your case please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
<redacted>
Customer Agent
Regarding your inquiry 00160075: CPH Fast track for Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Elite members. () [ ref:_00D24aWRh._50024RQJyq:ref ]
Inbox
x

[email protected] via iqcjtzujf8v6.24-awrheam.eu5.bnc.salesforce.com
Jun 10 (2 days ago)

Dear ,

Please check link below for further information:
https://www.cph.dk/en/about-cph/b2b/airline-sales/FacilitiesProducts/cph-express/

Best regards,
<redacted]
Customer Agent
Print Wikipost

SAS and problems CPH Fast Track with *A Gold

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by a340pilot
I'm flying on SAS out of CPH tomorrow. A little bit confused on whether I'll be able to use CPH express. I'm a star gold with UA and tk. Some of the emails seems to indicate I am able to use it while other seem to indicate I would be denied access. Any thoughts? Thanks.
The SK fast track is only for SK elites, and CPH Express is never for SK flights. So basically, unless you are flying Plus or Business, you will have to use the regular security line.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Yep, I thought so. I think will try the CPH express and see what they say. Will report back! Thank you.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by a340pilot
Yep, I thought so. I think will try the CPH express and see what they say. Will report back! Thank you.
You will not be able to use the CPH fast track. You need to have elite status with the same airline as you are flying with, to get access.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
You're flying SAS with *A Gold so you should use the SK fast-track and not CPH Express. Go upstairs and to your left.
The SK fast-track is (unfortunately) only for SK elites, no other *G cardholders get access.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Changes to CPH Express

Went through CPH this morning, flying LX in Y with TK*G. I was able to use the automatic CPH Express gate ... did this always work or is the express track finally working as it should? Such a nuisance that CPH implemented their express track so badly (for StarAlliance, that is, works perfectly fine for SkyTeam/SkyPriority!) ...
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Zeehe
Went through CPH this morning, flying LX in Y with TK*G. I was able to use the automatic CPH Express gate ... did this always work or is the express track finally working as it should? Such a nuisance that CPH implemented their express track so badly (for StarAlliance, that is, works perfectly fine for SkyTeam/SkyPriority!) ...
I think it's running as normal.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
Didnt work for me in may16. Got told not for LH Y *G
Maybe LX?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
Flew LX last week in eco as SK-Dia and it actually worked. Never tried that before, but it was awesome!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
It's a nice change if it really works.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:06 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Zeehe
Went through CPH this morning, flying LX in Y with TK*G. I was able to use the automatic CPH Express gate ... did this always work or is the express track finally working as it should?
This is exactly what has been the problem - automatic gate refuses many combinations of card / airline and we all get different answers from CPH about what the rules actually are. Sometimes they answer "*G card works on *A airlines, except on SK" and sometimes they answer "*G card must be issued by the airline flying". Confusing all around.

Infact, there have been a number of reports where TK *G has been denied fast track flying TK Y so even if the rule is "*G from same airlien" the implementation is really bad.

It would be very interesting to hear from more FT'ers if they are allowed in the automatic gate with "any *G on any *A airline except SK". I do hope this is what has changed, but I remain sceptic even if it worked fine for Zeehe.

On a side note I can add that a Finnair platinum card was denied for CPH express flying on BA 4 weeks ago.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 8:23 am

I'm TK*G and I have never experienced that my BP is accepted at the automatic gate. Doesn't matter if I'm flying TK in Y og J, red cross all the time.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 3:13 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
So... I know fast track does not recognize star alliance status, but today with the reconstruction going on, all that is visible at the entrance is a huge wall sign with the words "Fast track" and nothing more besides the "STAR ALLIANCE" text logo in full size.

I wasnt allowed, egate said "go to manned desk", so I did.
Agent said
- It is not for star alliance gold
- Ok, but here is a huge sign saying "fast track star alliance", how come star alliance gold is not accepted?
- we are members of star alliance, we use that in all our marketing!

Haha, so marketing the *A brand is the major concern, not actually embracing the alliance concept!

Anyway, the estimated line at the regular group'n touch security was as low as 10 minutes so no biggie. Through that, walk back all rhe way to get to the lounge for a quick bite before walking all the way to SKs departure at far end of A gates.
CPH really is a mess and will be for the forseeable future.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition
So... I know fast track does not recognize star alliance status, but today with the reconstruction going on, all that is visible at the entrance is a huge wall sign with the words "Fast track" and nothing more besides the "STAR ALLIANCE" text logo in full size.

I wasnt allowed, egate said "go to manned desk", so I did.
Agent said
- It is not for star alliance gold
- Ok, but here is a huge sign saying "fast track star alliance", how come star alliance gold is not accepted?
- we are members of star alliance, we use that in all our marketing!

Haha, so marketing the *A brand is the major concern, not actually embracing the alliance concept!

Anyway, the estimated line at the regular group'n touch security was as low as 10 minutes so no biggie. Through that, walk back all rhe way to get to the lounge for a quick bite before walking all the way to SKs departure at far end of A gates.
CPH really is a mess and will be for the forseeable future.
The fast track should carry the Star Alliance logo with the 'Gold' caption below for *G benefits to be applicable. Saying Star Alliance alone is not sufficient.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I honestly give up with Fast Track at airports in Scandinavia, tired of fighting my access rights.

I'll just go thru the regular lane even if I were a Pandion traveling in SK Plus
Old Dec 17, 2016, 6:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The fast track should carry the Star Alliance logo with the 'Gold' caption below for *G benefits to be applicable. Saying Star Alliance alone is not sufficient.
Yeah I know.

Odd space for doing generic brand marketing.

Ask 100 random people, and you will get these answers:
What was the message? Fast track is here
Who was the sender of the message? Star alliance
What was the meaning of the message? Star alliance travellers can get fast track.

There is no mention of SK on tha wallboard, only the pale blue backdrop and the font tells you the true sender of the message and only the nerdiest add geeks will be able to tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.