Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

New [Plusgrade] upgrade system and SK ditches OT [2016-2022]

Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by wazow
TXL is a fiasco ... (and I honestly believe it could have been such a good airport, but nobody seems to care anymore)
Let's see. If it stays alive after BER opens they might have some motivation to change it. I know that is a big if since BER needs to open first.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I believe that there is a firm plan to close it down when BER opens. So no hopes.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by wazow
I believe that there is a firm plan to close it down when BER opens. So no hopes.
There is a firm plan to close Tegel. As firm as it can be without a firm opening date for Berlin Brandenburg. The added issue can potentially be that by the time the new airport finally opens, it does not have the capacity needed. It was scoped 15 to 20 years ago.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC
Amex 2 for 1 booking from OSL-CPH-MIA in Sas Plus. CPH-MIA leg upgraded to Business for minimum bid 2560SEK for each person. Bid put in at -50 and conformation at -47 hours.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: EB Silver, Bonvoy Gold
Got my upgrade from Y+ (saver) to C for 31000 points ("really good" offer strength) 47 hours prior to departure for my upcoming IAD-CPH flight . Looking forward to it!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:02 am

My Y+ to C upgrade request for ORD-ARN got denied. I offered just under 21k Eurobonus pts. Y+ looks full, and seems like there is only 1 seat left in C.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
If I upgrade at the counter (points or cash), will I get basic points according to the new fare class? Or does that only happen if I use the Plusgrade site?

(sorry if this was already covered)
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
I bid around 45k for SK940 earlier this week because I really need the sleep and was denied. There were 3 seats in C left at check-in. So I took that for 35000. Hmm..Do they not want my points or what?

Forgot to mention this was from SAS Plus.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by vd0t
If I upgrade at the counter (points or cash), will I get basic points according to the new fare class? Or does that only happen if I use the Plusgrade site?

(sorry if this was already covered)
That only happens with plusgrade. :-)
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by studentCPH
That only happens with plusgrade. :-)
Thanks for the answer!
Do you know if it's a "saver" fare class or a full fare class? They earn different points.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by vd0t
Thanks for the answer!
Do you know if it's a "saver" fare class or a full fare class? They earn different points.
You will earn points according to the saver fare class.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Travel4Love
You will earn points according to the saver fare class.
Hmm, so that means if I already have a Go Flex ticket and upgrade to Plus (saver) then I will earn the same amount of points?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
New booking class for Plusgrade to Y+: A
New booking class for Plusgrade to C: Z

For upgrades processed at check-in/at the gate: No change to fare class.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:06 pm

I have a last minute option to book an award with SK in Y, but would rather pay up for Y+. It might be under 48h when I commit, so no chance to use the bidding system and I'm not sure if SAS would even handle non-SK ticket stock?
How are my options looking for a check in/gate cash upgrade? CPH-BOS, so short flight and it seems like the Y+ cabin is wide open.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Lack
I have a last minute option to book an award with SK in Y, but would rather pay up for Y+. It might be under 48h when I commit, so no chance to use the bidding system and I'm not sure if SAS would even handle non-SK ticket stock?
How are my options looking for a check in/gate cash upgrade? CPH-BOS, so short flight and it seems like the Y+ cabin is wide open.
No experience with BOS but I have had success in LAX HKG etc doing cash upgrades at check in and point upgrade at gate IF there are seats available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.