Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Upgrade Bid System Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
Plusgrade is no longer in use by SAS. They run their own bid process as of February 2nd 2022.

These are the new terms and conditions: https://www.flysas.com/travel/upgrad...rade-tc-en.pdf.

As a major change to the flow, successful bids no longer earn points from the upgraded booking class, but gets a fixed number of additional points depending on the regions of the flight:

Within and between Sweden, Denmark (incl The Faeroe Islands), Norway, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 250 Basispoints
To, from, and within other European countries:
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 500 Basispoints
To and from Asia and the US:
  • SAS Go to SAS Plus: 1500 Basispoints
  • SAS Plus to SAS Business: 1500 Basispoints
  • SAS Go to SAS Business: 3000 Basispoints
Print Wikipost

SAS Upgrade Bid System Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
If you want PE, why not buy it up front? Prices have been ridiculously reasonable for years.
Old May 25, 2023, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by lensovet
If you want PE, why not buy it up front? Prices have been ridiculously reasonable for years.
This was a mileage award via United. I honestly can’t recall if PE was available or how many additional miles it would’ve been.
Old May 25, 2023, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
This was a mileage award via United. I honestly can’t recall if PE was available or how many additional miles it would’ve been.
Star Alliance does not yet have alliance wide PY redemptions. Don't know what is taking so long.....
Old May 26, 2023, 6:31 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Star Alliance does not yet have alliance wide PY redemptions. Don't know what is taking so long.....
Thanks.

Do you know if both classes can be bid on for upgrade? Or do you have to choose one or the other? Seems like the latter, although I don't see anything specific in the T&C.
Old May 26, 2023, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Thanks.

Do you know if both classes can be bid on for upgrade? Or do you have to choose one or the other? Seems like the latter, although I don't see anything specific in the T&C.
From using the process my understanding is that you have to pick one or the other, but I have not done it many times, so not certain.
hotelmotel likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 4:22 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
OSL-EWR SK907 28 of May
Bid Y to C, 422 EUR (min 420 EUR), rejected (half of the C cabin still shows empty).

Furthermore, friends with a booking on the same flight can still submit a bid, yet for me it is blocked as my bid has already been rejected. Interesitng...

Last edited by Nick Art; May 27, 2023 at 7:50 am
Old May 27, 2023, 4:23 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
From using the process my understanding is that you have to pick one or the other, but I have not done it many times, so not certain.
Sadly one needs to choose one or the other to make an upgrade. Only one bid for one cabin (Y+ or C) can be submitted per flight.
hotelmotel likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
OSL-EWR SK907 28 of May
Bid Y to C, 422 EUR (min 420 EUR), rejected (half of the C cabin still shows empty).

Furthermore, friends with a booking on the same flight can still submit a bid, yet for me it is blocked as my bid has already been rejected. Interesitng...
I thought that the bidding ends on the same time for everyone? How long before departure did you receive your rejection?
Old May 28, 2023, 10:45 am

Upgrades finally showed up for my ORD-CPH and CPH-ORD flights.

Minimum bid of 1,170 each way. Holy cow. That's higher than I have seen most bids and most minimums on here.

If there are no takers, I presume the minimum bid will go down.

Has anyone seen minimum bids that high before. Shoot.
Old May 28, 2023, 8:21 pm

When is your flight?

Originally Posted by melynn44
Upgrades finally showed up for my ORD-CPH and CPH-ORD flights.

Minimum bid of 1,170 each way. Holy cow. That's higher than I have seen most bids and most minimums on here.

If there are no takers, I presume the minimum bid will go down.

Has anyone seen minimum bids that high before. Shoot.
When is your flight taking place?
Old May 29, 2023, 6:11 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kidrons
I thought that the bidding ends on the same time for everyone? How long before departure did you receive your rejection?
That is what I thought as well. I got the rejection mail (Your bid has been cancelled) a little more than 24h in advance. At this point I was checked in already (BN1).
A few hours later I could still submit a bid for my friends, but not myself though.
kidrons likes this.
Old May 29, 2023, 12:52 pm

If I bid 900 SEK from CPH to LHR on a Tuesday flight departing 16:40, will I get it?
Basically I just want the lounge in Copenhagen, my plan is to be there 4-5 hours before departure. Usually I use my PP to one of the mediocre lounges at CPH but thinking maybe it would be fun to try the full European SAS experience this time.

I guess my bid is maybe a bit low, especially to LHR. I payed 1100 SEK for my Basic fare 3 weeks ago.
Old May 29, 2023, 2:09 pm

Wondering about bidding on UK-Europe routes and had two questions:

1. If the seating configuration is still 3-3 in SAS Plus, how do I ensure by bid doesn't get me a middle seat?
2. If I pay for a seat in regular economy, then have a successful bid for an upgrade, does my fee for the original seat get refunded, or put towards the upgrade?

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by vivere
Basically I just want the lounge in Copenhagen, my plan is to be there 4-5 hours before departure. Usually I use my PP to one of the mediocre lounges at CPH but thinking maybe it would be fun to try the full European SAS experience this time.
What on Earth makes you think SK lounges are not mediocre? Especially since you'd only get access to the regular lounge, not even the Gold one.
Old May 29, 2023, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by lb1234
Wondering about bidding on UK-Europe routes and had two questions:

1. If the seating configuration is still 3-3 in SAS Plus, how do I ensure by bid doesn't get me a middle seat?
2. If I pay for a seat in regular economy, then have a successful bid for an upgrade, does my fee for the original seat get refunded, or put towards the upgrade?

Thanks!
1. You can't. A month ago, I got moved from an emergency exit row to a middle seat after a successful bid and couldn't change seat since all of them were already occupied. If you're lucky, your neighbours might know each other and be willing to change seats with you.
2. The bid is put on top of your original ticket price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.