When do miles post?

Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: CM Gold, SK EB Gold, SPG Gold
When do miles post?

I've been checking my EB account for the last couple of days and my flights from the weekend (Thursday 24 Mar CPH-VIE and Monday VIE-CPH) have not yet posted.
How long does it take for miles to post?
For these flights, I did apply for the Optiontown paid upgrades - the first segment was NOT upgraded, but the VIE-CPH was upgraded to SAS Plus. I wonder if this affects when miles are posted to my EB account.
I've also experienced this delay previously, but I thought that was due to interline IT issues (flights with Copa CM and Turkish TK).

Cheers... (to a nice weekend here in CPH)
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I haven't experienced that OT upgrades have delayed posting of points.
I think it usually takes about a week for points to post, sometimes a little longer, but not much.
I have sometimes had the impression that they process the posting of points in batches (weekly?) as some flights have had points posted within 48 hours and others have taken more than a week for the points to post.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
I've upgraded many shorthaul legs using OT (sometimes only one segment of an intra-Nordic journey) and never experienced any delays in posting, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Posting can be very variable. I've had it happen within 24 hours ex-CPH, but 3-4 days is more typical in my experience. However, there have been delays and disappearances over the past few months, see this thread...
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Can vary. Had two SK-flights 28. Mar, one of which was an OT upgrade. Both legs were on the account 30. Mar.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It is super variable, especially for intra-EU and intra-Nordic. I find that longhaul flights post within a few days. The Nordic and Europe flights can take anywhere between 2 days and 2 months. From time to time SK has curves where it seems to take forever for points to post and then there are times they post the next day.

Consistently inconsistent even though my booking email tells me before flying how many points I will earn (ignoring OT upgrades). They could really post the minute the plane touches down or midnight the day of arrival, something other airlines do.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 2:45 pm

Another thing I've noticed: the "qualifying flights" and "points earned"/"points for use" counters increase a few hours before the actual flights post to "Account Activity". This is true both for the app and the website. A bit curious, but then so is most of what SAS does.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 4:04 am
Original Poster

And still my flights from 24 and 28 March have not yet posted. The segment for 28 March brings me over to Gold - and I'd like to use that status to select seats for my next trip in 3 weeks.
I'll call in and see if that'll do anything...
Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: More than one
It normally take 1-2 business days for SAS operated flights to appear on the EB account.
Flight operated by Cimber and other SAS owend companies normally takes 3-5 business days.
Star alliance partners varies. UA are normally pretty fast saying 2-5 business days. LH a little slower 3-5 business days
EB are very seldom updated during weekends, so SAS flights on Thursday and Friday will often not show up before Monday or Tuesday.

The EB helpdesk can't do anything. It's the airline responsibility to provide the data, but check you boarding card and make sure you EB number was on it, otherwise you might have to do manual claim.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
It normally take 1-2 business days for SAS operated flights to appear on the EB account.
Normally? If normal accounts for 5% of the time then yes. This is flat-out not true. The average posting time is closer to 5-6 days in my experience and I fly very little other *A metal outside the occasional LX and SQ (SK ticket) where the posting time is very similar.

Only long-haul flights post faster.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Normally? If normal accounts for 5% of the time then yes. This is flat-out not true. The average posting time is closer to 5-6 days in my experience and I fly very little other *A metal outside the occasional LX and SQ (SK ticket) where the posting time is very similar.

Only long-haul flights post faster.
+1

No difference between Cimber and SAS operated flights at all. Only had a handful of flights post within 1-2 days, most 3-5 days. Some flights have posted at the weekend.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:14 am
Original Poster

I recall the VIE-CPH was operated by Cimber... so I guess I'm coming up on 5 business days now, so, I suppose they'll post "soon".

My EB number was on my boarding card - as I used the SAS app to get an electronic boarding card.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: More than one
I know in the past it could easily take a week or more, but it seams the last couple of systems updates have reduced the time it take to get the EB accounts updated with the last flights.

Over the last 12 months, almost all my SK operated flights, has been on my account within 2 business days after landing. My flights in this time frame have been half short haul, half long haul, and spread over 4 primary destinations.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Who handles SK in Vienna? I have always found that flights from the LH handled airports in Germany took longer to post than other flights. If Vienna is handled by the LH group systems, that might be part of the answer...
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:04 am
Original Poster

And how about the first segment - the CPH-VIE flight (handled by SK, no?) hasn't posted either. I'm not in any super rush, but I'm eagerly awaiting my new Gold package (with the Smart Pass) and branded CC, too.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Who handles SK in Vienna? I have always found that flights from the LH handled airports in Germany took longer to post than other flights. If Vienna is handled by the LH group systems, that might be part of the answer...
OS does, so indirectly LH.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.