Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Mini Trip Report(s): MR for kids

Mini Trip Report(s): MR for kids

Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
I just love this. I'm bummed, that I did not catch that offer. My 3 year old is silver - would've been cool to bump her to gold! Thank you for a great report!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I have to confess that I am addicted to the cup noodles in CPH lounge. To the extent that I have forbidden myself to eat them more than once in a month, knowing how unhealthy they must be [incidentally they are also available in the cantine next door where I work, but somehow there they seem to have much less appeal Apparently admitting your embarrassing addiction in front of your colleagues is harder than on FT ]
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by livious
SAS was spared by the fact that they ran out of the mango smoothies. The strawberry smoothie was not as popular, so they switched to other drinks. As the kids are fluent in English, they have learned over the years to ask for all sorts of goodies. They are not afraid to interrogate the FAs until they get something sweet!
Mine are good in getting me to get them stuff - they never dare to ask (unless I really force them to). I guess they are not Swedish enough

Originally Posted by wazow
I have to confess that I am addicted to the cup noodles in CPH lounge. To the extent that I have forbidden myself to eat them more than once in a month, knowing how unhealthy they must be [incidentally they are also available in the cantine next door where I work, but somehow there they seem to have much less appeal Apparently admitting your embarrassing addiction in front of your colleagues is harder than on FT ]
You think that your life will be shorten by certain minutes if you eat more than 1 cup noodle per month?! It won't kill you if you eat a couple per month, there are tons of other food that is harmful including sausages. I eat what I like and yes some could be harmful but I only live once - I think it's more important to enjoy your life rather than restricting yourself into only eating something because it's healthy. My friend stops eating McDonald's because his wife said it's unhealthy, and she bought a mini-steamer so he can steam food at work, and I can say that he is not so happy about that.

I guess I haven't met you at the CPH lounge as I haven't met anyone taking the cup noodles apart from my kids. Otherwise you can join them to enjoy the noodles together - food tastes better when you have company.

Once during a very short layover at ARN T4, the kids brought cup noodles onto the connecting flight as we only had 20 minutes at the lounge.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by nacho
I guess I haven't met you at the CPH lounge as I haven't met anyone taking the cup noodles apart from my kids.
I had one yesterday
Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had one yesterday
^

We'll be there next Friday, let's see if you are there
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:57 am

I have to confess that I am addicted to the cup noodles in CPH lounge.
I'm with you! Disgusting as they might appear to others - I just love those cup noodles!

And usually the only warm option in CPH lounge besides those questionable soups. The rest of the cold stuff usually isn't that great either, e.g. The total tasteless potato salad but I have to say some weeks back the lounge in GOT had a noodle salmon salad which was surprisingly tasty
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by nacho
^

We'll be there next Friday, let's see if you are there
Actually I am almost surely there next Friday ... and might take some noodles
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fassy
I'm with you! Disgusting as they might appear to others - I just love those cup noodles!

And usually the only warm option in CPH lounge besides those questionable soups. The rest of the cold stuff usually isn't that great either, e.g. The total tasteless potato salad but I have to say some weeks back the lounge in GOT had a noodle salmon salad which was surprisingly tasty
Those soup tastes like from Knorr (or worse quality) powder, the MSG content is similar to the cup noodles.

Mr. likes the hot dog, and I think the best they ever had was the varmrgetlaks (warm smoked salmon).

If you like noodles and you are at the Sen Lounge in DUS - ask for one (they didn't display it out - there was a sign and you have to ask) - have never seen one in FRA lounge.

Actually I am almost surely there next Friday ... and might take some noodles
If you see 3 kids eating cup noodles - come and say hi! Flying with the last TK flight bound for IST.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:31 am

At one point I walked past the short term storage area of the CPH lounge and I noticed a crazy amount of these soups from Karolines Kkken.
Probably a different brand they serve in the rest of Scandinavia...?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi livious, really enjoyed this TR particularly as it highlighted the experience of flying with younger companions.
Not quite a MR, but the only affordable way I could take my young daughter to Spain for the summer holidays this year was going from LHR - OSL - ALC (and back) with the SAS Go fares that were on sale not so long ago.

It'll be a long day, we have no status, and I'm not looking forward to seeing the food prices in OSL (although I appreciate that there will be complimentary water stations).

I saw that it's possible to buy entry to the SAS Lounge for a reasonable fee. Except that fee is only reasonable for an adult.
Is pre booked lounge access really €23 for everyone over the age of two???. If so, how is that justified?
I did an online chat with an SAS representative who said it was but actually seemed rather clueless, so I'm not sure I got a definitive answer.
My daughter will be 6 BTW, she is a very light eater. Unfortunately, I won't be able to leave her outside in a play area and go get some snacks in the lounge (shame, she'd be fine with that!)

Last edited by LapLap; Feb 17, 2016 at 6:44 am
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Paying €23 for partner or SK lounge access is not worth it. Unless you get access through status I would forget about that part of the journey and spend it one of the restaurants/shops. It wasn't entirely clear if you wanted to use the lounge in LHR or OSL.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Paying 23 for partner or SK lounge access is not worth it. Unless you get access through status I would forget about that part of the journey and spend it one of the restaurants/shops. It wasn't entirely clear if you wanted to use the lounge in LHR or OSL.
Sorry, OSL.
210NOK seemed like a fair deal. 420NOK because I have a companion I can't shake off without causing the authorities to get involved is way too steep.

I thought Scandinavia was supposed to be a haven against this kind of discrimation
Old Mar 4, 2016, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Just wanted to revive the thread to say that the kids love the Ramen noodles. The ARN lounge was out last Friday, but the ORD lounge had some. I think this will become a staple in their lounge diet.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by livious
Just wanted to revive the thread to say that the kids love the Ramen noodles. The ARN lounge was out last Friday, but the ORD lounge had some. I think this will become a staple in their lounge diet.
Oh the CPH lounge was out on the 19th too - our kids were so disappointed. Was told that they are changing suppliers and we'll see in about 2 weeks time.

Fortunately we got them at the UA lounge at HKG - real Nissin ones (except the kids hate the vegetable and egg in it)
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:15 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Sorry for the revive, but I can't leave this awesome thread without a comment!

This is really great and I absolutely love your trip report and I totally approve of raising kids as future FTlers
Being, well, not so young as I used to be, I can still remember flying with my parents to our yearly holidays in Turkey in Business. We always had golf luggage (I started playing at the age of 6) so most of the times paying for Business was cheaper than buying additional luggage. And that's where I learnt to love and appreciate Airport Lounges and Business class service and funnily enough from these vacations, the things I still remember today are the flights and I think your kids will too

My parents did not really care about routing, miles or status, for them it is nice to have, but they never really put effort into it to maximize their status or rewards (which I am doing for them now).
But one thing they did and I only found about just recently, was giving me a Frequent Traveler Account on Qualiflyer on Swissair as seen on the ticket below: (I was 4 months old at the time)

I'm not sure if that is still the account I have on M&M today, after transisting from Qualiflyer on Swissair to SWISS Travel Club on SWISS and then to M&M with the LH takeover, but I like to think so
I now have accounts in dozens of places but the card I have always with me, even though it has no status, is the (very old) M&M card. (Not sure what happened to my Qualiflyer and Travel Club Card).

So after this little journey into fond memories of mine I'd like to thank the OP for mentioning his great thread to me and allowing me to indulge myself in memories and nostalgia Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.