Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Cash card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by marianna19s
Hei, I live and work in Norway. Do you think if I transfer NOK from my bank account to my travel cash card and use this card instead for my everyday transactions will worth it? Just for the earning points? Because I have an unactivated travel cash card since last year so I try to find a way to use it without "losing" money from the exchange rates.
Hei.
Well.
If you have an norwegian bank account in NOK.
Then you can just "pay a bill" to the account the travelcash bank gives you when choosing NOK.
There will then be ZERO exchange rates ALWAYS when using the card in norway. And ZERO fees when you use the card in norway.
PS : You will ONLY get 5% eurobonus when using the card in Norway. (10% are ONLY if you use it in another country).
---
But if you have a bank account in (lets say) USD then your bank will charge your a exchange rate and fee to pay a "bill" in NOK.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: SK*G, TK*G
Hey,

I'm trying to order Travel Cash card for almost a month now. Always getting an error message, asking me to try again in 20 minutes while they're updating their system. I have a norwegian address in the system.

Am I the only one with this issue?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:37 am
ekf

Originally Posted by ex. SDmaster
Hey,

I'm trying to order Travel Cash card for almost a month now. Always getting an error message, asking me to try again in 20 minutes while they're updating their system. I have a norwegian address in the system.

Am I the only one with this issue?
Try with a different reason for requesting a new card, worked for me...
But I wish it was possible to request a card without the travelcash function though...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Thailand

Next time anyone is going to BKK/Thailand; bring your own/local cash and make a small trip to Superrich Thailand (also bring your passport for ID verification)

http://www.superrichthailand.com/

No ATM fee or not with VISA or Travelcashcard, nothing beats the exch. rates you will find at Superrich. No commission of course. The 30 min are certainly well spent there when you are near Central World/Rajdamri Rd.

NEVER EVER change large amounts at the airport - very poor rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.