Search

What happened to SAS Play?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Air New Zealand Gold
What happened to SAS Play?

Hi Guys

I noticed that the SAS Play information has been missing/gone from the SAS website and not in the app too?
(SAS Play listed all the movies/TV)

I always liked to check what movies where on board so as not to double etc...
Now with the new cabins and entertainment systems there will be more choices too I believe, but I can find it listed anywhere

Anyone have any insights?

Cheer
J
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It wasn't in the airplane either this week. Perhaps they discontinued it.

While the new entertainment is of much better quality than its predecessor, don't get fooled by thinking the library has increased one bit. Still the same old limited small selection of recent movies that you've probably already seen.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:53 am

SAS corporate PROMISED a brand new web site in Jan 2016.
So i would guess they dont update the current one.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:03 am

Out of curiosity, I am flying to HKG this week. Does anyone know, if the new James Bond or Star wars movies are been shown on-board?

Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No chance, those two will only be available on board around the time the DVD is released. (Spectre: Feb 9, Star Wars VII: May 2016)

The reason why the content on the RAVE system is limited is probably connected to the high proportion of aircraft with the old system: airlines pay a flat licensing fee for the content shown and its calculated by the seats able to see it.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
They weren't on there this Saturday, it didn't appear the library had gotten a refresh from the December content either.

Main issue with the content right now is that they fill it with 10-12 block busters and some popular tv shows. Though as Oliver points out, only after the BluRay release, which generally means most people will have seem them already.

What the library needs is less mainline and hence cheaper content. Some indy movies, documentaries or otherwise interesting items that don't have a multi-million dollar marketing budget, improving the odds of people finding something they can watch. I find the occasional Scandinavian movie which is decent and I will surely not have seen them but there is also a lot of garbage.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
Out of curiosity, I am flying to HKG this week. Does anyone know, if the new James Bond or Star wars movies are been shown on-board?

Thanks
As far as I know the only time any Star Wars movie was available on an airline has been on the R2D2 painted ANA 787-9. At least that was the media story in Japan. So don't expect the current one to show up....
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
To be honest, I catch up on most movies on my trip. But blockbusters like 007 or Star Wars are best seen in a theater. Even with QRs mega screen its no fun watching these.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Movie listings available online?

I checked the "inflight entertainment" page on the SAS site, but couldn't find any list showing which movies will be shown onboard transatlantic flights in May and June.
Is the list available online somewhere else on the site?

And yes, I realize that the SAS movie offering is much smaller than competing airlines, so I'm prepared for that.
Old May 18, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
I checked the "inflight entertainment" page on the SAS site, but couldn't find any list showing which movies will be shown onboard transatlantic flights in May and June.
Is the list available online somewhere else on the site?

And yes, I realize that the SAS movie offering is much smaller than competing airlines, so I'm prepared for that.
They have discontinued showing lists online of the inflight entertainment, since most of their longhaul planes got upgraded.
Old May 18, 2016, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Jonasdk
They have discontinued showing lists online of the inflight entertainment, since most of their longhaul planes got upgraded.
They also seem to have discontinued it onboard, or maybe just this flight.... Only listed on the system.
Old May 18, 2016, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by Jonasdk
They need to update their webpage, then.
Entertainment. On our long-haul flights,you can watch films & listen to music, audio books and podcasts. We have something for everyone. You can browse the entertainment guide now and dream away. Entertainment onboard
http://www.flysas.com/en/us/travel-i.../sas-business/
Old May 27, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: SAS EBG, Flying Blu Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
They need to update their webpage, then.

http://www.flysas.com/en/us/travel-i.../sas-business/
someone at SAS has read your post, it's updated now.

Last edited by Silferlood; May 27, 2016 at 7:54 am
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:00 pm
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
Long Haul In Flight Movie Updates

Any idea what is playing on the long haul flights? I am flying CPH-SFO and want to know if I should download any movies to watch. I flew 8 long haul trips between Scandinavia and the US last year. By September, I just put my eye shades on and tried to sleep the entire flight. The IFE & Food got real boring.
My last flight from MIA to OSL was the end of November. I am wondering if any updates happened between then and now. Thanks for any input !
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by BCC
Any idea what is playing on the long haul flights? I am flying CPH-SFO and want to know if I should download any movies to watch. I flew 8 long haul trips between Scandinavia and the US last year. By September, I just put my eye shades on and tried to sleep the entire flight. The IFE & Food got real boring.
My last flight from MIA to OSL was the end of November. I am wondering if any updates happened between then and now. Thanks for any input !
I had CPH-EWR mid november and CPH-IAD start december: No changes
CPH-IAD again start January: I believe there were a few minor changes - but I am not entirely sure. Next one up is CPH-MIA in start Feb and ARN-HKG by mid Feb. Certainly hope there is an update before that.

Just flew CPH-DXB on EK. What a difference on IFE (and many other aspects)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.