Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

ARN and CPH lounge asking for card even when BP shows *G

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARN and CPH lounge asking for card even when BP shows *G

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by warakorn
The majority of the lounge costs have to be covered by the operating carrier.
Aegean and Turkish would be quite in a financial mess, if they had to cover the majority of the costs for their elite members visiting other star carriers lounges.
When you use status access the lounge (e.g. economy class pax using a lounge), the FFP will pay a fee to the operator of the lounge. The operating carrier will pay the FFP for the points given for the flights.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
I just came through CPH for the first time just before the weekend. I was arriving and departing in SK P class. I carry *S with UA MP. Again, I'm not a frequent visitor of lounges in general, much less at CPH. But if I remember correctly, when you enter you can either head left into the more general lounge situated behind the concierge desk, or right which takes you upstairs into the Gold lounge. Both have gates with BP scanners. So, did OP try scanning his BP (and didn't work)? Or, did he head straight forward toward the desk, where he was then asked for his *G card? I peeled left, and my BP scanned green without having to interact with any human. Again, my FFP is only MP *S, but had a revenue ticket in SAS Plus (I think -- since I was on intra-Schengen A-319).
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
P will give you access to the lower level in the CPH lounge, upper level is for EBG/EBD/*G only.

The FFP doesn't really 'pay' cash to SAS for the lounge, it accrues a negative balance, which is periodically tallied against credits SAS accrued with the Carriers FFP on the other end via the *A clearing house. If the balance is too dis proportional, either party has to pay cash to make a negative balance go away.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Didn't need to show my card at ARN or CPH this week, but I am getting worried if I need to show it in ZRH. SAS never sent out a new card despite the fact that I renewed in summer and has taken 2+ weeks to send a new card. Hopefully the BP or App will be enough if needed)
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by livious
Didn't need to show my card at ARN or CPH this week, but I am getting worried if I need to show it in ZRH. SAS never sent out a new card despite the fact that I renewed in summer and has taken 2+ weeks to send a new card. Hopefully the BP or App will be enough if needed)
99,9% sure you will need to show it in ZRH. Had to show it every single time there - and I have been in ZRH a lot. They will accept the picture in the SAS App, so download the app to your phone or tablet and login.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by dcfromdc
I just came through CPH for the first time just before the weekend. I was arriving and departing in SK P class. I carry *S with UA MP. Again, I'm not a frequent visitor of lounges in general, much less at CPH. But if I remember correctly, when you enter you can either head left into the more general lounge situated behind the concierge desk, or right which takes you upstairs into the Gold lounge. Both have gates with BP scanners. So, did OP try scanning his BP (and didn't work)? Or, did he head straight forward toward the desk, where he was then asked for his *G card? I peeled left, and my BP scanned green without having to interact with any human. Again, my FFP is only MP *S, but had a revenue ticket in SAS Plus (I think -- since I was on intra-Schengen A-319).
I went straight to the desk, I did not realize that there is automatic gate with scanner which would surely have allowed me in without card. In ARN domestic terminal also there was no problem because it is unmanned gate.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I never understood asking for cards at lounges.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
OK, then please read above for likely explanations.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by fassy
99,9% sure you will need to show it in ZRH. Had to show it every single time there - and I have been in ZRH a lot. They will accept the picture in the SAS App, so download the app to your phone or tablet and login.
I am not in the 0,1%! As you mentioned, the app picture was good enough. Fortunately I had it loaded as I would likely have forgotten to use it...so thanks for the advice.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:27 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
Originally Posted by lento
I went straight to the desk, I did not realize that there is automatic gate with scanner which would surely have allowed me in without card. In ARN domestic terminal also there was no problem because it is unmanned gate.
Bummer. The attendant should have at least directed you to the BP scanner gate to give it a try yourself.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:47 am

Actually I just passed by the LH Senator lounge in the Z gate area in FRA and was allowed in without showing my card. That was a first time experience!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
OK, then please read above for likely explanations.
And to add one more explanation for why it might be required, I have to show my card at every lounge in China to get access - but only because the Air China (and Shenzhen Airlines) computer systems still don't recognize the Diamond level as *G ...

Won't be a problem though in 2 months, when I'll drop back to EBG
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
When you use status access the lounge (e.g. economy class pax using a lounge), the FFP will pay a fee to the operator of the lounge.
I doubt this. The operating carrier eats up most of the bill.
I simply cannot believe that the FFP (from Aegean or Turkish) pay the complete costs of lounge visits for all its members.
Moreover, what happens at contracted third party lounges?
If there is no dedicated Star Alliance lounge available at an airport, the operating carrier may make an agreement with a third party lounge. Normally, there is a provision that *G can access this third party lounge, as well.
In that scenario it is absolutely not feasible that this third party lounge bills the FFP airline, because there is no direct agreement in place between these two parties.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by GinFizz
Won't be a problem though in 2 months, when I'll drop back to EBG
Wonderfull postive mindset. I like that. ^
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:09 pm

In a bizarro world experience, checked-in using the Gold line at T5 but somehow they removed my EBG number. While they checked us in and took our bags, we did not get priority tags and had to show our cards at Fast Track. We were denied access to the lounge as out cards were expired (we requested new cards 1 month ago), but were able to talk our way in using the App. Eventually we straightened things out and they got our EB numbers straightened out and gave us new BPs.

Arrived in MUC and the SEN lounge lets us in without showing a card, which is a first.

Last edited by livious; Dec 19, 2015 at 5:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.