Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold/Diamond Special Events

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: More than one
You will have to report back whether it's was any good. The event is no longer on the Diamond portal.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by Svantevit
I plan to participate as well.

Svantevit
Just go back from the Copenhagen Meet and Greet meeting.

Besides the food and drink (and chance to meet various SK staff) the main event was Rickard and Eivind talking for about 1 hour about SK in general and EB in specific.

First Rickard talked about SK during the last 10 years and then Eivind talked about SK going forward and Eurobonus 3.0.

Highligts from Eivind´s presentation

Some more improvements where shown on the slide but he did not talk about them. I´ve attached the slide if you´re interested.

I´m happy to answer specific questions if you got any.

Svantevit
                      Attached Images  

Last edited by Svantevit; May 27, 2016 at 2:13 am Reason: Fixed wrong info
                      Old May 26, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
                      For me as Silver it is interesting to hear about those Add-on benefits after Silver especially because I should reach Gold next year.

And I wonder how much they plan to charge to keep the tier level. If no MR is needed then and it is not overly expensive that would be ^ for me. Can you reach that way also Lifetime Gold?
                      Old May 26, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
                      - Was the terrible and horrific current state of food served on board mentioned/discussed?
                      - Any transparency regarding how to obtain Pandion (especially after at least 2 years of having outspend and outflown other Pandion members)?
                      Old May 27, 2016, 12:44 am

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors
                          Very interesting!

Any details on how the guaranteed tickets will work? And is that a typo regarding the upgrade bids? Shouldn't Diamond get 40% boost?

Andreas
                          Old May 27, 2016, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by alibi
                          Very interesting!

Any details on how the guaranteed tickets will work? And is that a typo regarding the upgrade bids? Shouldn't Diamond get 40% boost?

Andreas
                          Good start, but why not at least on ticket in J or the upgrade vouchers?
                          Old May 27, 2016, 2:12 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
                          Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
                          - Was the terrible and horrific current state of food served on board mentioned/discussed?
                          - Any transparency regarding how to obtain Pandion (especially after at least 2 years of having outspend and outflown other Pandion members)?
                          No to both questions. It was only a presentation from Rickard and Eivind - not a formal Q&A. But you could ask them questions afterward if you wanted to (I did not do that).

Svantevit
                          Old May 27, 2016, 2:13 am

Very interesting!

Andreas
                          Actually it is 30% for Diamond and 40% for Pandion (typo from my part). I´ve updated the original post.

Svantevit
                          Old May 27, 2016, 2:16 am

Very interesting!

Andreas
                          Nothing specific on guaranteed award tickets. But Eivind did mention that it could be a challenge, as everybody wants to go longhaul in the summer on awards - a time of year when they can sell all tickets for money.

It´s going to be interesting to see how they do this in real life.

Svantevit
                          Old May 27, 2016, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
                          I'm feeling particularly grumpy today , but:

I hope people are feeding back to them how bad the food is. Not just on board, but in many of the lounges, and certainly in comparison to other northern European legacy airlines (I flew Nordic to Nordic via AMS with KL because SK wanted to charge an arm and a leg the other week; we got a hot breakfast wrap and a slice of cake in Y!).

I mostly fly SAS on short haul flights within the Nordics, and Plus is really embarrassingly poor. Any form of upgrade isn't worth it, until they stop nickel-and-diming in the lounges and onboard. A good start would be to make the OSL/ARN domestic lounges less of an embarrassment, and upgrade the "fresh bite" nonsense to a proper box like other SH flights get... then we can argue about how poor that box is

Nothing specific on guaranteed award tickets. But Eivind did mention that it could be a challenge, as everybody wants to go longhaul in the summer on awards - a time of year when they can sell all tickets for money.
                          OT, but this is the thing I don't get about Scandinavia. The whole region shuts down for four weeks or so of the year. I can understand school holidays placing restrictions on family holidays, but for the average worker it just seems bizarre. I don't want to take my holidays when everyone else is taking theirs - I want to go when destinations are quiet, flights are cheap and my work schedule permits.
                          Old May 27, 2016, 3:54 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
                          Originally Posted by klmml
                          I hope people are feeding back to them how bad the food is. Not just on board, but in many of the lounges, and certainly in comparison to other northern European legacy airlines.
                          I completely agree, though in the air I have no alternatives, on the ground I can decide not to go to the lounge and get something decent to eat elsewhere. While I would prefer the lounge food to be a lot better, fixing the on-board meals should be the priority. Especially on longhaul flights, nothing normal to eat for 10 hours in Business is just unacceptable (this problem primarily exist in the Scandinavia->World direction, not in the opposite direction due to different catering).

OT, but this is the thing I don't get about Scandinavia. The whole region shuts down for four weeks or so of the year. I can understand school holidays placing restrictions on family holidays, but for the average worker it just seems bizarre. I don't want to take my holidays when everyone else is taking theirs - I want to go when destinations are quiet, flights are cheap and my work schedule permits.
                          I've been saying this for years, glad to see someone gets it. (Un)fortunately the other 99,5% of the population insists on taking their vacation in July, regardless of weather, destination or other metrics that can have a major impact on how much you will enjoy your holiday.

In other countries over the years I've noticed that as industries and companies evolve, it is no longer possible to shutdown a company or operation for a month and the forced vacation is generally a thing of the past. It is surprising and disappointing that such things keep existing in Scandinavia.
                          Old May 27, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: SK-EBD
                          Just go back from the Copenhagen Meet and Greet meeting.

Svantevit
                          Thanks for the report. Interesting.
                          Old May 27, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: More than one
                          Does the lifetime gold require gold 10 years in a row, or do you get lifetime gold once you reach gold or better the 10th time since you joined the EB program?
                          Old May 27, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
                          Not as part of the presentation but both questions were answered in a private small group conversation.

On point 1. Target date for new food concept is q1 2017. Apparently a lot of effort is required for rollout.

On pandion ... It is based on revenue to sk.
                          Old May 28, 2016, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by ScandiGB
                          On point 1. Target date for new food concept is q1 2017. Apparently a lot of effort is required for rollout.
                          Thanks. While not impressed with the timeline, glad to hear its being given attention and taken serious as a major problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.