Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

BOS in Privatair 737 starting in Summer2016

Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD

The Privatair 737 will from late March be moved from CPH-EWR to a new daily (6 days?) route CPH-BOS.

So I got my Boston route after all – though I would have preferred widebody.

The CPH-EWR evening service will get A330/340.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
The Privatair 737 will from late March be moved from CPH-EWR to a new daily (6 days?) route CPH-BOS.

So I got my Boston route after all – though I would have preferred widebody.

The CPH-EWR evening service will get A330/340.
Is there really C demand on Boston for that? But with Norwegian starting Boston as well, I guess the cheap Go tickets will be hard to sell.... So might as well not offer them.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:08 am

Yay! BOSTON! After some real real crappy CPH-YYZ-BOS and CPH-ORD-BOS and CPH-LHR-EWR-BOS trips that will be a relief

Will is real remain all C - I thought they planned to put some Y seats now in the Privatair?

Also VIE and KRK are a very convinient addition even though I do not see why VIE should work for them? The 4 direct flights with OS are often full after doors closed but I never have issues getting a last minute ticket at reasonable prices. And I fly CPH-VIE really a lot.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:16 am
Original Poster

A/C will be reconfigured: 20 business, 66 Go. No plus.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Yay! BOSTON! After some real real crappy CPH-YYZ-BOS and CPH-ORD-BOS and CPH-LHR-EWR-BOS trips that will be a relief

Will is real remain all C - I thought they planned to put some Y seats now in the Privatair?

Also VIE and KRK are a very convinient addition even though I do not see why VIE should work for them? The 4 direct flights with OS are often full after doors closed but I never have issues getting a last minute ticket at reasonable prices. And I fly CPH-VIE really a lot.
In the press release it is an 86 seat 737-700, 66Y and 20C from Privat Air. (Just read the full release)
http://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-introduces-new-daily-service-boston-copenhagen/
So Y coming as well. I wonder if a widebody will come once the contract with Privat Air runs out
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Is there really C demand on Boston for that? But with Norwegian starting Boston as well, I guess the cheap Go tickets will be hard to sell.... So might as well not offer them.
This is fantastic news - although a 330 would have been of preference. And excellent timing:
From Copenhagen: SK927 will depart daily at 12:50 arriving in Boston at 15:20.
From Boston: SK928 will depart daily at 17:30 arriving at 07.00 the following day.

There is plenty of demand on the CPH-BOS route - it is one of the biggest unserved cities from CPH.

Last edited by FT Guest xyzpdq; Oct 9, 2015 at 1:23 am
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:54 am

And two months prior to DY opening a once a weekly flight to BOS (if the plane actual departs that same day - or you would have to endure a 30 hour delay )

Last edited by FT Guest xyzpdq; Oct 8, 2015 at 6:10 am
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Good news! Definetely will book HEL-CPH-BOS. Wonder if flash sale comes as did with HKG just for one day. Though equipment is narrow body.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
wow - AC may not like this...

BOS is a big market from Scandinavia. A lot of pax to BOS via YYZ (quick US immigration in YYZ is a big +) although the AC B787 is much better than Privatair B737
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:29 am

Prices at DKK 5,999 - sales prices at DKK 4,999. So definately a premium price for the direct route.

So EB earnings: On par with EWR?
Lounge in BOS: LH ?

This is the best news from SK since SFO.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Prices at DKK 5,999 - sales prices at DKK 4,999. So definately a premium price for the direct route.
I will expect prices at 4.000 DKK at certain times or even 3.000 DKK at special occasions.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
This is the best news from SK since SFO.
Since HKG and LAX you mean?

But yes, Boston is very welcome. With SK becoming more useful in terms of destinations I'm starting to wonder what routes to renew my BA Gold on next year. At this point it is mostly coming from ARN-LHR-LAX and ARN-LHR-BOS travel mixed with the occasional trip to MIA.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
wow - AC may not like this...

BOS is a big market from Scandinavia. A lot of pax to BOS via YYZ (quick US immigration in YYZ is a big +) although the AC B787 is much better than Privatair B737
Last week I spend nearly 1,5 hours in the immigration queue at YYZ and another 25 minutes in the security lines to the F gates... Was really bad!

Looks like I will end up on the 737 across the pond now more often than I ever thought
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Since HKG and LAX you mean?

But yes, Boston is very welcome. With SK becoming more useful in terms of destinations I'm starting to wonder what routes to renew my BA Gold on next year. At this point it is mostly coming from ARN-LHR-LAX and ARN-LHR-BOS travel mixed with the occasional trip to MIA.
I have no desire to go to LAX (but I perfectly understand the ARN-LAX route) - and I can do all the transiting I want in SFO.
HKG is a great destination - the timings on it (as you and I have debated) I just find so terrible - that I am not a potential pax on that route.

Just hope they will upgrade the 737 to a 3x0.

On prices according to this http://insideflyer.dk/sas-aabner-ny-rute-til-boston/
prices are at 5,999 / 4,999. Remember there is not a lot of seats to sell. I would however hope for opening offers (or may a christmas calender offering). Too bad that I have jsut emptied both my EB account for some bi class to HKG (not SK :-)) as well as my vacation days are all accounted for.

Last edited by FT Guest xyzpdq; Oct 8, 2015 at 10:54 am
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
And two months prior to DY opening a once a weekly flight to BOS (if the plane actual departs that same day - or you would have to endure a 30 hour delay )
DY to BOS will be ex Cork in a 'normal' LCC sardine seating 738, ensuring punctuality, unlike regular 788 service

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.