Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

BOS in Privatair 737 starting in Summer2016

BOS in Privatair 737 starting in Summer2016

Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by fassy
I do the route about once a month for the last 18 months and I saw the bird full just two times. J cabin usually has 2 to 6 empty seats and Go like 75%.

I guess the big issue is that SK doesn't ticket any connections from BOS.
Indeed, I took the route again the other day and it was very quiet. I can see why the Privatair crew were saying they love flying the route - very little work!

Excellent diamond recognition, FWIW.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by fassy
I guess the big issue is that SK doesn't ticket any connections from BOS.
That's the major problem indeed. I had our corporate account relationship request this as well but we've not received tangible feedback.

There are a few AC connections out of BOS that we want to be able to use but without relying on multiple itineraries. Still a mystery to me why this is such a big deal.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
That's the major problem indeed. I had our corporate account relationship request this as well but we've not received tangible feedback.

There are a few AC connections out of BOS that we want to be able to use but without relying on multiple itineraries. Still a mystery to me why this is such a big deal.
Out of curiosity, as lowly traveler from outside the corporate world, what difference using one airline does for you? I suppose you are using a TA that can ticket multi-airlines itineraries anyways?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:07 pm

Big Corporate accounts can get quite substantial discounts with an airline. Usually the company needs to commit to a lot of flights on that carrier (e.g LH didn't even wanted to talk to my last US based company (300 employees) since they vetted us as not important and big enough even though all our employees traveled the majority of their time). The deals usually give a discount at time of booking and some kick-backs at the end of the year based on actual volume. As I worked for a big Swedish company two years back the discount at time of booking at SAS was quite small (just about 100SEK or so) but I was told the kick-back at the end of the year would be significant (more than 35% I was told but of course can't verify) if we bundle our travel on SK.

I have a friend at a huge German company and they pay less than 50% for their long haul business tickets on LH...

So, like always: YMMV!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
I heard some large MNC gets deals on LH, where you get F if you pay C and C if you pay Y.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:27 am

Ah, I see ... wonders of corporate world. So Moose's problem is that he cannot route via BOS because then the corporate agreement wouldn't kick in (unless some codeshares were introduced)?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:54 am

Kind of. problem is that SK doesn't publishes any fares through BOS (same as SFO or LAX). And pluging together a custom itinerary connecting to UA or AC in BOS will come out absurd costly because of that.

they should have joint the transatlantic JV back in the days...
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:26 pm

Did they have any choice? (I also miss the times when it was easy to buy a ticket on SK one way, and on AC/UA/LH the other way).
Old Apr 3, 2017, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by wazow
Did they have any choice? (I also miss the times when it was easy to buy a ticket on SK one way, and on AC/UA/LH the other way).
If I remember correctly, UA and LH were asked to reduce the participants to get approval for the JV. Which basically meant SK had no choice to join
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The ATI includes AC/UA/LH(and SN/OS/LX) LH added SN and BD to the ATI without issues, I'm sure SK would have been allowed to join, but probably had more urgent issues to take care of in 2010-14.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Out of curiosity, as lowly traveler from outside the corporate world, what difference using one airline does for you? I suppose you are using a TA that can ticket multi-airlines itineraries anyways?
Ah, I see ... wonders of corporate world. So Moose's problem is that he cannot route via BOS because then the corporate agreement wouldn't kick in (unless some codeshares were introduced)?
I only book a fraction of my travel through the TA, most of it is direct with the airline due to a number of circumstances. Fassy mentioned why our current TA can't issue SK->AC connections in BOS. I can of course book the flights from both airlines but risk misconnecting which doesn't outweigh getting a proper connection at another airport at the East Coast.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:12 am

Yes.

SAS puts in a 330 on the BOS run.
Effective end October 2016
3 weekly for Winter schedule
4 for Summer
Not as frequent as now - but now with a "real" plane. Quite a difference in all three classes

http://www.check-in.dk/sas-indsaette...a-boston-rute/
Old May 2, 2017, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Yes.

SAS puts in a 330 on the BOS run.
Effective end October 2016
3 weekly for Winter schedule
4 for Summer
Not as frequent as now - but now with a "real" plane. Quite a difference in all three classes

http://www.check-in.dk/sas-indsaette...a-boston-rute/
The real question then is where are the cuts coming to afford BOS this capacity?
Old May 2, 2017, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The second daily CPH-EWR flight?
Old May 2, 2017, 6:21 am

Meh... cutting the daily flight down to 3/4 a week? This will most probably push me back to LH as I probably need to go those days without a SK flight more than I like...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.