Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Wide Open Summer J Award Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

Don't usually frequent this board so not sure where the proper place to put this is.

Was liquidating my AC account before the devaluation and stumbled across wide-open availability on SK J next summer to ORD and EWR. My dates are in July and I was able to snag a seat on SK 909 which is showing an A330.

A quick check also shows that on most dates 2 seats are available. Looks to be a good portion of the summer that is open I'm sure some on here can take advantage and snag some seats for a summer holiday!

Looking forward to seeing what this Vantage J Seat is all about!

Last edited by Duke787; Sep 29, 2015 at 12:40 am
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
This far in advance, it is not hard to find J class seats to ORD and EWR. I booked two sets for ORD 2 weeks ago. However, the other routes are much more difficult, namely SFO. I just checked sas.se for award flight to SFO and found zero availability. I also expect this to be the case for the new routes to LAX and MIA.

Last edited by livious; Sep 28, 2015 at 11:44 pm
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I see plenty of J availability for EWR-CPH next summer, but nothing for two seats in Y. Does that space ever open up?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:44 am
ekf

Originally Posted by steveholt
I see plenty of J availability for EWR-CPH next summer, but nothing for two seats in Y. Does that space ever open up?
If you mean Y as in Economy+, then no. Award inventory disappeared a few years ago and hasn't returned on longhaul.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by ekf
If you mean Y as in Economy+, then no. Award inventory disappeared a few years ago and hasn't returned on longhaul.
Sorry, to be clear - just standard economy.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 9:22 am

Economy = Go award space should be fairly easy to find as long as you're bit flexible with the dates and not target holiday season. Did you select a period during peak holiday season? This will zero out Go for sure while business loads will be low and you might see some J award availability.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:56 am

I can't find anything at all this fall (December) for the IAD to CPH route. This wasn't the case last year. What the hell happened?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It generally means the route is popular and fills itself with revenue traffic.

Book cash+points tickets instead.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by ohiosux
I can't find anything at all this fall (December) for the IAD to CPH route. This wasn't the case last year. What the hell happened?
Long haul awards with short notice (less than 4 months !) is hard to come by - exception is during winter time (jan-mar), where this can open up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.