Class upgrade using EB points

Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Class upgrade using EB points

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm that SAS does not offer class upgrades using EB points on intra-European (SAS operated) flights? And if yes, what is the rationale for this?

Many thanks,
VV
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:02 am

Like I said in the other thread - no. The reason? They don't have proper business class, just a Plus product which is basically economy with free drinks and snacks (bad ones). The real value in Plus lies in the ticket flexibility, higher points earning, lounge access and FastTrack security, all that would not apply for a ticket upgraded on points anyway. So the value left? Free drinks, bad snacks. If you want drinks and snacks you can pay with EuroBonus points on board.

If you want to upgrade to Plus intra-Europe try OptionTown upgrade.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Indeed, they don't. As fassy states: it's impossible to upgrade from economy (Go) to economy (Plus).
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Fassy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.