Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS celebrates four million EuroBonus members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD

Now we are 4 mio. members of Eurobonus. No. 4.000.0000 is a 27 year old Norwegian.

The growth is 50.000 a month.

50 percent of all SAS revenue comes from EB-members, according to SAS. I would have guessed more. There must be big tour groups from overseas pulling down.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Or people who don't care about points like my in-laws.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
According to the mail it was some guy called 'Stig'. Things must have gone downhill pretty fast after Top Gear stopped...

And for being number 4.000.000 (just a random number), he also got a round trip in C for 2 people to the USA, a bottle of champagne and 200.000 EB points.

This is one of those moments where I'd loved to see Janteloven at work. What if the crowds got angry and demanded that, if one person got that for joining, we should all have gotten it for joining?

Last edited by UltraRant; Aug 21, 2015 at 3:33 am
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UltraRant
This is one of those moments where I'd loved to see Janteloven at work. What if the crowds got angry and demanded that, if one person got that for joining, we should all have gotten it for joining?
Exactly. IF anything SK should give out 4 million points, 1 to each member
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by nacho
Exactly. IF anything SK should give out 4 million points, 1 to each member
You'd absolutely have a point there!
Old Aug 22, 2015, 6:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Now we are 4 mio. members of Eurobonus. No. 4.000.0000 is a 27 year old Norwegian.

The growth is 50.000 a month.

50 percent of all SAS revenue comes from EB-members, according to SAS. I would have guessed more. There must be big tour groups from overseas pulling down.
From what I've seen on my SAS flights from and to the US, most big tour group passengers going to visit the US from Denmark, Norway and Sweden seem to not be listed with any FFP number for the flights.

To my surprise, even during parts of the school year, SAS economy class on my flights from/to the US often had large groups of Scandinavian teenager types on board. And during the summer, lots of tour groups catering more to the retiree and retirement-approaching crowd.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Because the teenagers are going on study tour. Mr. went to the US the first time when he was in high school over 20 years ago. It's very common for these fortunate young people to see the world with their school.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
Because the teenagers are going on study tour. Mr. went to the US the first time when he was in high school over 20 years ago. It's very common for these fortunate young people to see the world with their school.
The teenager tour groups seem to often consist of those who are well under 15 years of age. They seemed to be closer to twelve or thirteen years of age in many cases.

I know some of the schools my family and friends attended in the US would send kids on group trips to Europe, but except for when that was part of a language class it was almost always or mostly taking place during school vacation periods.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

And for being number 4.000.000 (just a random number), he also got a round trip in C for 2 people to the USA, a bottle of champagne and 200.000 EB points.
Not so much. Points and champagne only. No C-tickets. Someone translated the points into what could be bought with it.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Well. Apart from the tour groups, the teenagers and Nachos in-laws I forgot the members of MM, Milage Plus, Miles&Smiles etc.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The teenager tour groups seem to often consist of those who are well under 15 years of age. They seemed to be closer to twelve or thirteen years of age in many cases.

I know some of the schools my family and friends attended in the US would send kids on group trips to Europe, but except for when that was part of a language class it was almost always or mostly taking place during school vacation periods.
Not in Denmark, you can't do school things outside school terms. I was shocked when Mr. told me that his study trip to the US is during term time. He said that no one wants to work during holidays.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 4:34 pm

I'm wondering much more why I always see lot of families traveling outside of school vacation periods (mostly short before or after the official vacation time) but then read a couple of articles that it has become a popular sport to take kids out of school and go on vacation for a week or two since it is way cheaper in the off-peak travel period.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
According to the mail it was some guy called 'Stig'. Things must have gone downhill pretty fast after Top Gear stopped...
The BBC sure loves its Stigs.

Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
75 OT posts about god and the scandic world moved to the forum Kafé:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...m-kafe-70.html

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.