Search

6h layover at CPH what to do?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
6h layover at CPH what to do?

Hello Folks,

Anybody got some useful suggestions regarding my layover at CPH?
Will arrive at 7:30 and move on at 14:25 on a Wednesday!
I'm *G but do not want to stay the whole time in the lounge. Maybe
a quick trip to the town centre would be nice but what to do and how to get there as quick as possible?
Much appreciate any suggestions.

Many thanx in advance.

Best Regards,
Thrustreverse
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by ThrustReverse
Hello Folks,

Anybody got some useful suggestions regarding my layover at CPH?
Will arrive at 7:30 and move on at 14:25 on a Wednesday!
I'm *G but do not want to stay the whole time in the lounge. Maybe
a quick trip to the town centre would be nice but what to do and how to get there as quick as possible?
Much appreciate any suggestions.

Many thanx in advance.

Best Regards,
Thrustreverse
The metro (which leaves from terminal three) takes less than 20 minuttes to downtown Copenhagen (Kongens Nytorv Station). From there you can do Strøget (pedestrian shopping street), Nyhavn (really nice kanal with cafes) and the Little Mermaid. You should be able to have at least 3 hours in downtown Copenhagen.

Svantevit
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:45 am
Suspended

What Svantevit said. Take the metro to Kgs. Nytorv (don't take the regional to Copenhagen Central).

Go get breakfast at Cafe Victor, Mojo, Dan Turell or whatever suits your taste. See the city wake up at a place close to your stop. Then cross Kgs. Nytorv and jump on a canal tour from Nyhavn to see the city. This takes an hour (first boat at 10am) and it's the best way to see Copenhagen for sure. You're back for a quick coffee and some shopping near Kgs. Nytorv before you head back to the airport at 1pm.

Last edited by FlyerTalker01565; Jul 30, 2015 at 5:58 am
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
You can do this: Take the metro to Kgs. Nytorv, take some pictures, move north to see the Royal Palace and the marble church.

Then by the time you are done move on to Stroeget, shops will be open and the city is more lively.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
Then cross Kgs. Nytorv and jump on a canal tour from Nyhavn to see the city. This takes an hour (first boat at 10am) and it's the best way to see Copenhagen for sure.
+1 I did it recently and I can also recommend it.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
+1 to the canal tour.

After that, consider taking the 10-15 minute walk through Strøget to Rundetårn (The Round Tower), which will offer a nice 360 degree view of the entire city at the mere cost of 25 DKK. If time does not permit walking back to Kgs. Nytorv, you can catch the either the metro or the regular train (takes 15-20 mins) back to the airport from Nørreport instead.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The Aquarium "Den Blå Planet" (The Blue Planet) is a 5 minutes drive from the airport, and definitely worth a visit if you want to do something closer to the airport.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The Aquarium "Den Blå Planet" (The Blue Planet) is a 5 minutes drive from the airport, and definitely worth a visit if you want to do something closer to the airport.
For the aquarium it´s actually only 1.5 kilometers in distance - I suggest walking if the weather is nice. Alternatively, it´s one stop on the metro and a 550 meters walk.

Svantevit
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: eurobonus, flying blue, a club, hilton hhonors
Thinking outside of the box:

if its nice and sunny; why not head to the beach? Amager Strand is a short metro ride away, has a very nice sandy beach with friendly locals.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Many thanx

Hello Everybody,
I would like to say Thank You for all the recommendations and suggestions! Will let you know what I finally did (weather??) ...
Many thanx & best Regards,
Thrustreverse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.