Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New member joining! Flying SAS HKG-ARN-LHR in Sept '15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Hello all, I'm glad to have got this forum to talk about flying This September I will fly from HKG to LHR - by SAS! It is really a surprising booking to me. The SAS option in a booking website didn't show up until a few weeks ago, and it was the cheapest option! Plus its super-short connection time I would say I've got a budget buy. Can't wait to experience the flight.

Btw, it seems to me that I can't request special meal online. It has such button but nothing shows up after I clicked it. Do I have to call them?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The meal button is SK IT's latest easter egg on the website it seems. It shows up occasionally but never works and tends to redirect you to other random elements of the website.

Special meals are certainly available but you will have to call in to get one.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Welcome to FT! SAS will start flying the HKG-ARN route in September, so loads are likely quite low and they have been offering very attractive sale prices (usually on Thursday in the Now or Never campaign) in economy. Nobody can give an feedback on the route just yet, so hopefully you stick around on FT and report back after your flight.

As to your question, SAS IT seems to be trying to implement a new function where we can pre-book meals. There was some discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...n-booking.html. In short, the button does not work yet. Perhaps this is what you saw when booking.

If I follow you correctly, you are interested in ordering a special meal. SAS's website shows that you need to contact them (http://www.sas.se/en/travel-info/other/special-meals/) at least 24 hours in advance to their flight. The contact info is in the link I provided. Hopefully it will be possible to book in the future through the button that you noted.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you both for your advice. I will surely update the experience afterwards. Hopefully the transit at ARN will be fine as my itinerary states I will only have 50 min. transit time.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by michaelchs
Thank you both for your advice. I will surely update the experience afterwards. Hopefully the transit at ARN will be fine as my itinerary states I will only have 50 min. transit time.
Welcome to the board ^, always good to have other people posting. Do hang around and tell us what you think.

50 minutes should be absolutely fine, SAS often offer connections that are far more uncomfortable than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.