Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus point earning, flying Singapore in J

Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Diamond

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm how Eurobonus points are earned when flying business class with Singapore Airlines?

I have a ticket OSL>FRA>SIN>PER>SIN>CPH>OSL, where all legs have an SQ flight number, but the first flight is with Lufthansa and the last is with SAS

All I can find on the SAS pages is that business class "C" tickets are given at 200%. But is this 200% of the miles flown, or 200% of a fixed amount as determined by SAS???

e.g. My SIN to CPH flight is 7742 miles. If I credit to my Singapore account, I get 25% extra (*A gold) (so 9678). But at 200% would I get 15400 Eurobonus points?

Takk
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:47 am

Iit is not a fixed amount like on SK operated flight but a percentage of the actual flown miles, so if indeed the distance is 7742 and you have a booking in SQ C, D, J, Z, U booking class you will get 15400 points on EuroBonus.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by YesIndeed
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm how Eurobonus points are earned when flying business class with Singapore Airlines?

I have a ticket OSL>FRA>SIN>PER>SIN>CPH>OSL, where all legs have an SQ flight number, but the first flight is with Lufthansa and the last is with SAS

All I can find on the SAS pages is that business class "C" tickets are given at 200%. But is this 200% of the miles flown, or 200% of a fixed amount as determined by SAS???

e.g. My SIN to CPH flight is 7742 miles. If I credit to my Singapore account, I get 25% extra (*A gold) (so 9678). But at 200% would I get 15400 Eurobonus points?

Takk
SIN-CPH is 6193 miles according to Great Circle Mapper: http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=sin-cph

So expect 12400 EB points.

Svantevit
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
On StarAlliance it's the metal that counts, so flights operated by SK and LH will be credited as such.

Is your booking class J or is that just to point out 'business class'? Find your booking class first for the SQ legs, that will determine how much you'll get.
Check the tables here to find out: http://www.sas.no/Templates/FlexiblePage.aspx?id=216845

Then it's just to find a mileage calculator (like the one Svantevit uses) to calculate the miles on the legs flown with SQ. Then multiply earning rating by distance for alllegs on SQ. For the SK leg credited on SK use the SK rules. Same for the LH flight on SK, use the LH earning tables for Eurobonus (which can be found here: http://www.sas.no/Templates/FlexiblePage.aspx?id=216843 )

I hope this helps.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Diamond
Thanks all for the replies.

Looks like it is 200% multiplied by the distance, my booking class is C.

I got the 7742 figure directly from the SQ booking page. As the ticket is in business class SIA give 125% of the miles flown (6193 as others have stated). They then provide another 25% of the base miles for being Krisflyer gold So in effect 150%.

I have hardly almost no points in my Krisflyer account, so adding this trip to it leaves me with a small pot I can do little with. MY Eurobonus account however is sat growing due to already making Diamond last month.

thanks again all!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.