Testing EBD privileges

Old May 24, 2015, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Testing EBD privileges

1) Has anybody tested soft-landing? I am seriously considering soft-landing to EBG next year, but would prefer to know that it works?

2) Has anybody gave the gold card to the same person again? Does it work?
Old May 24, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
#1 I recall this is a documented perk so just chase them if you don't.

#2 Works.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Softlanding works. At least in terms of staying Gold. They just have not figured out to give my points an expiry date. They are still without expiry date.

Now mainly a JL and OW flyer
Old May 25, 2015, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
#1 I recall this is a documented perk so just chase them if you don't.
Even though it seems to work, I haven't seen this documented anywhere... would be good to have it somewhere in written to pursue it with customer services.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:31 am
Original Poster

I also don't recall it written anywhere. It would be nice to have it documented. I am afraid that in a year I may be left in the cold.

Thank you CPH-FLyer and FlyingMoose. Now it's time to think whether I want to extend another year.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by wazow
I also don't recall it written anywhere. It would be nice to have it documented. I am afraid that in a year I may be left in the cold.

Thank you CPH-FLyer and FlyingMoose. Now it's time to think whether I want to extend another year.
It is not written anywhere from SK. The only things I could find where the articles from businessclass.se and bonusfeber.dk but hardly anything you can hold SK to. It is just interviews. I was quite curious to see what actually happened when I changed qualifying year.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wazow
1) Has anybody tested soft-landing? I am seriously considering soft-landing to EBG next year, but would prefer to know that it works?

2) Has anybody gave the gold card to the same person again? Does it work?
I am trying to give a gold card to the same person again and the system says that I cannot give a gold card to someone who already has a gold status.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:09 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Did theirs expire? Did they requalify gold through the regular process? I've given mine to the same person twice.

My wife gave her silver card to someone who then qualified silver due to points and she couldn't give it to that person again for obvious reasons. Instead gave it to someone else. Not an uncommon scenario as I'm assuming the gold/silver cards are handed out to people that actually fly.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:36 am
Original Poster

It seems that his qualification period was Jul 1 to Jun 30. but now the person in question is in the "extra 3 months" period until Sep 30. I wanted to give the card now, because my qualification period passes sooner than Sep 30. So it seems impossible to give a card to a person every 12 months, because they get it for 15 months or even more.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Send the diamond mail address a mail. They were quite useful when I only got the opportunity to give 2 silver cards instead of one gold.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Send the diamond mail address a mail. They were quite useful when I only got the opportunity to give 2 silver cards instead of one gold.
What is the diamond mail address exacly ?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:32 pm

diamond.dk/se/[email protected]/se/no

Only useful and to be used when you have a diamond card, of course.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by UltraRant
diamond.dk/se/[email protected]/se/no

Only useful and to be used when you have a diamond card, of course.
Perfect. Thats a handy email adress to have. Any experience in responsiveness? (Hoping its quicker than the usual 3-4 weeks for general sas cs)
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:07 am

The times I used it, it varied from 2 hours to 1 week.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 6:37 am

Two times in the last days with responses under 2 hours. Gurss it very much depends on the workload.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.