Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Diamond Event; Meet the CEO (Stockholm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Event; Meet the CEO (Stockholm)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by AirportGeekCPH
How many Diamond members are there in total?
Too many I believe, since SAS took the initiative at the beginning of year to reduce the number of Gold/Diamond customers with their "improvements"

So... from a crowd management perspective, it sounds right that not every Diamond member was invited and the selection might have been as simple as pushing the button called "Random"
It'll take up to at least 12 months for improvements to have an effect on the total number of EBDs. It takes time to flush out the folks that won't requalify due to the more restrictive new earnings.

Everyone I know that has been a EBD since introduction was invited. Perhaps that was a sorting criteria, it is not proximity to the location as I know about 2 EBD's that live 900KM+ away from Stockholm that got an invite. Perhaps strategically so as it would have been obvious they won't go.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Or selecting them by the registered mail address.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
I wouldn't go anyway as I see Richard at least twice a year on another matters but still I wonder why no invite????
Old May 29, 2015, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, HHDiamond
Sorry to report, but for me the event was not enlighting.
The only "surprise" was a launch of a Eurobonus "credit card" you will be able to load with 11 different currencies and use as a local debit card (as I understood it). Via the Eurobonus app, which also are getting an upgrade, you should be able to select which currency you want to use...
...an attempt to improve SAS cash-flow by borrowing money "for free" from the members?
Or do any of you see some true member-value in this initiative?
Old May 29, 2015, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Smokingbread
Sorry to report, but for me the event was not enlighting.
The only "surprise" was a launch of a Eurobonus "credit card" you will be able to load with 11 different currencies and use as a local debit card (as I understood it). Via the Eurobonus app, which also are getting an upgrade, you should be able to select which currency you want to use...
...an attempt to improve SAS cash-flow by borrowing money "for free" from the members?
Depends on the fees for usage in foreign countries and ease of use, perhaps there is a market. I keep a German VISA for all € spend since it is cheaper to do a wire-transfer now and then, than pay the extra currency exchange fee, foreign currency penalty fee and get a crappy exchange course SEK<->€.

If the loading of money and in general the account handling works easy and quick - why not? You don't have to bank large amounts of money than. But I guess they will at least need 24 hours to load a wire-transfer to the card account which makes it less attractive. For every day longer even more.

Did they say if you will earn points on the spending?
Old May 29, 2015, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fassy
Did they say if you will earn points on the spending?
That was not my perception. I might be wrong, but they clearly said it was not another "Mastercard/Amex" product.
Old May 29, 2015, 6:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Smokingbread
Via the Eurobonus app, which also are getting an upgrade, you should be able to select which currency you want to use...
I doubt SK actually has anything to do with the operative part, its more likely they sold their top customer database to a provider and get a good fee for sharing their customer database.
Old May 29, 2015, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I doubt SK actually has anything to do with the operative part, its more likely they sold their top customer database to a provider and get a good fee for sharing their customer database.
Which we can only hope for.... I wouldn't entrust SK IT with a single cent

Given the certifications a payment provider has to do, it has to be a third party payment platform - but then... there are lot of those who offer idiot proof front end APIs for integrators. Worked for one of those a long time ago and to be honest it is frightening what some of those integrators did at that time - even worse since they were not audited, only the payments platform itself...

And from what I saw from SAS I wouldn't be surprised if they did a very sloppy integration to one of those services and think they can do it on their own...
Old May 29, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Any updates on the new long haul routes from ARN and OSL?
Old May 29, 2015, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Any updates on the new long haul routes from ARN and OSL?
Not what I heard, but they were proud of the HKG opening (many SAS employees was wearing badges with ARN-HKG)

It was might a 'on stage'-mistake, but Nils Linde was adding a "hopefully" in his speach about opening the HKG route in September...
Old May 29, 2015, 9:24 am

Ugh, they better, have 3 trips booked as it is with the first a week after the announced launch.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was at the event. Pretty nice venue, and decent catering. Only canapées were offered but there were enough of them to make a full meal out of it. We managed to get a chat with the CEO to express some feedback to him, and he seemed pretty sympathetic about our concerns. Though I do get the impression that he is somewhat detatched from what's happening in his company particularily when it comes to the service concepts, and tha fact that they're changing them more often than most people change their underwear. Also with the recent restriction of beverages in SAS PLUS it seems like they didn't even bother to listen to the customers at all, so why even host an event in the first place.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
We managed to get a chat with the CEO to express some feedback to him, and he seemed pretty sympathetic about our concerns. Though I do get the impression that he is somewhat detatched from what's happening in his company particularily when it comes to the service concepts, and tha fact that they're changing them more often than most people change their underwear.
I doubt he cares a bit. He has to run a company on the brink of going to default... Of course at these events they listen to you, are nice, sympathetic and even apologetic - but I guess next morning in the office all that is gone and its back to the numbers.

Everything you cannot directly express in rock-solid ROI figures or reduced OPEX is not interesting. If someone from his mgmt team comes around with some great idea to enhance this or that since it will safe that many SEK he will say *Go on, but sell it nice to the customers*.

It is incredible how many bad mgmt decision are made this way in a lot of big companies. The leadership team is often far detached from the daily operations and the customer base and usually ignores all input from that direction. Hey, they got a MBA from some fancy school, they know how to run a business - and if not, they will find another company to run shortly after they ruined the last one
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by LH4116
..........Also with the recent restriction of beverages in SAS PLUS it seems like they didn't even bother to listen to the customers at all, so why even host an event in the first place.
What recent restriction of beverages in SAS PLUS?
I had two PLUS intra-European flights last week and I had no problem getting the drinks I wanted. I was even offered refills.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by helosc
What recent restriction of beverages in SAS PLUS?
I had two PLUS intra-European flights last week and I had no problem getting the drinks I wanted. I was even offered refills.
It´s no restriction! It is just a guideline for the crew.... Sounds crazy I know but that is what I got upon asking SAS.

I was also at the event and it was a great event. The cabincrew that was there took opinions from us travelers on what they can do better and also good feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.