Basic points.

Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBG
Basic points.

Anybody tried this group selling miles? If they have for SAS are they basic points or the same miles I get for my credit card/hotel/car booking.

http://flyer-miles.com/buy-miles-and...FQHncgodchAAXw

Might be a quick and easy way to get up to Gold rather than doing a stupid mileage run at the end of the year now I get very few points for my trips in economy. Flying as many flights but company rules are economy so need to find a way to keep my gold under the new rules and perhsps this is it...
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:06 pm

First of all they do not sell SK EuroBonus points. I guess one issue is that Point transfers from one account to another are very expensive. It only makes sense for the couple of programs where point transfers are affordable. In the end somebody sells his points to the broker which will sell the points to you, so in the worst case two times a transfer fee.

Second, this is not allowed by most of the T&C of the programs and you are asking for account reviews doing so - in a lot of cases you will loose everything due to breach of the rules if they see this behavior.

Third, even if everything would workout you would only get Extra points, no basic points. You can only get basic points from flying, exchanging Extra points at a 15:1 ratio in the EuroBonus shop or buy Basic points in the EuroBonus shop.

Three rules I would always follow:

1) Never ever buy EB points anywhere else than the official EuriBonus shop

2) Do not sell your points to a miles broker

3) never but a dirt cheap business class reward ticket or airline miles from a miles broker
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG
Seems like good advice Fassy, I had never seen a points broker before so I was wondering if anybody used them and what sort of points they sell.

You can buy basic points fromt he points shop in SAS, must have a look at that. Last time I looked it was extra points only.

Cheers,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.