Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
General idea: keep an overview of SAS offers in this wiki.
New offers can either be inserted directly here or added in the thread.
Offers are not limited to SAS-activities but also can include partners with limited time opportunities for EuroBonus earnings or spending.

Suggested format would be to add a list item in the proper section. The offer should at least include a short description, expiration date (if applicable), travel period (if applicable) and other conditions like applicability. Possibly also a link to the offer, if applicable.

Current offers from SAS
  • Point bargains return trips Europe/US and Europe/Asia.
    Only GO.
    Book : June 8-14 2015
    Fly : November 3. 2015 - March 16. 2016
    All members.

And

Point bargains return trips intra Europe.
    GO and PLUS.
    Book : June 8 - 14 2015
    Fly : June 22. - October 31. 2015
    All members

http://www.sas.dk/en/eurobonus/offers-news/point-bargains/

Current offers from Partners
  • Room21.no offers double point earnings
    Room21 offers 136 points per 100 Kroner spent.
    Valid until March 15, 2015
    link

• Sportamore offers double points
    Sportamore offers 60 points per 100 Kroner spent.
    Valid until March 15, 2015
    link
  • American Express (Sweden) Offers 25% more referral bonus
    7.500p for Classic
    15.000p for Premium
    22.500p for Elite and other cards like Gold etc have other bonuses
    Valid until Nov 7th 2018
    So make sure you refer your friends and get some kickbacks ( https://idap-e3.americanexpress.com/referafriend/se/sv/un/login/v2?cpid=100307928%20link%3Dse-se-hp-ico-cta-bjudinenvan-20092018)

Recently expired offers
  • Points offer: 40% off to USA
    Tickets are available to ORD and IAD. SFO doesn't seem to have capacity available.
    Availability only in SAS GO, now 36.000 points per person per return trip.
    Latest booking date: March 8
    Travel period: April 1 - May 5, 2015
    Applicable to: at least Diamond
    link and link

• Points offer: 20% off to Tallinn
    Tickets are available for 16.000 points per return trip in GO, 24.000 points in PLUS.
    Latest booking date: March 8
    Travel period: April 1 - October 24, 2015
    Applicable to: at least Diamond
    link
Print Wikipost

per 2021: SAS offers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I assume his FFP is M&B so he is probably looking for a long 200% earning intra-Europe travel. His origin might be ATH due to ATH - CDG he checked.

But that is just my guess.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fassy
Where do you start? OSL-HAM trough CPH gives 4 500 points (plus status bonus) and can be had for 250€ in Plus.

Flying long distances like ATH-CDG is a bad idea as thez credit a flat amount of points and not in relation to the actual mileage. You want to look for short flights which allow a routing through CPH, OSL or ARN, e.g. HAM-CPH-WAW
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
@chongcao - It would help if you could share your intended point of origin.

OSL-CPH-GDN-CPH-OSL would be an idiot-proof turnaround costing you roughly 200 quid in Plus (I've checked a few dates in January).

G
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I assume his FFP is M&B so he is probably looking for a long 200% earning intra-Europe travel. His origin might be ATH due to ATH - CDG he checked.

But that is just my guess.
Yes indeed! I am thinking of getting the 200% miles with A3. Anywhere in Europe to anywhere in Europe would be good as I can take A3 from London to get the 4 sectors and then 200% miles on SAS Plus to requalify for A3 gold.

Thank you all for your inputs. Your insight is very welcome and appreciated!
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Last night I booked a 6-day trip for April, ORD-CPH, SAS Plus around $1100. Today, it's down to $670. Rebooked within the 24-hour cancellation window. Didn't check broader availability. For a 9-hour flight, to me, that's a steal.

Edited to add: It's SAS's nonstop from ORD, too.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
Yes indeed! I am thinking of getting the 200% miles with A3. Anywhere in Europe to anywhere in Europe would be good as I can take A3 from London to get the 4 sectors and then 200% miles on SAS Plus to requalify for A3 gold.

Thank you all for your inputs. Your insight is very welcome and appreciated!
Intra-Europe will be challenging. But maybe you can check if there is some possibility for ARN - AGP since this tends to be cheap per mile and you have often two daily departures from March on. You can currently get for around 280€ e.g. on 11th of March with departure in ARN at 10:40 and you would be back at 20:20. So there would be a chance to get to ARN in time that day and also to escape before it's too late. That alone should give roughly 7500 miles (incl. class bonus). At least some idea.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by livious
The Family & Friends promos is now live, details for login can be found here:
Sweden
Denmark
Password: sas

Book by March 23, 2016.
I hope this comes again.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
I hope this comes again.
Me too!
Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by vd0t
Me too!
Me too!

Seems to be a once yearly event?? In that case - March again?
Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Me too!

Seems to be a once yearly event?? In that case - March again?
No, from what I could find on the net there were also ones in 12/15, 6/16 and 10/16. So it looks more like every 3 months. So January or February next?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
Any word on this?
Or perhaps we need to wait until March?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
I'm continuously surprised by SAS' offers. The heavily promoted weekend offer right now, seems overpriced compared to all competition. Am I missing something or is this just the new normal?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I received the same email and the prices for the very brief period they made available where higher than usual. Not sure where these guerrilla marketing tactics suddenly come from.

It is better not to have promotions than lying to your customers.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose

It is better not to have promotions than lying to your customers.
So true. It seems like many department within SAS are detached from each other. Especially IT and marketing. (But I guess, the really are - that it's all agency initiated).

I am also Diamond with Hilton. They just rolled out a new programme - and they did it really, really well. Actual enhancements, great communication, actually finished IT backbone etc.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 3:42 am

Just got back from a winter vacation in Hong Kong with the family. Took advantage of a SAS deal and flew SK via ARN (based in CPH) - despite the awfull timing of this flight.

I very rarely fly IC via ARN - and I must say that this experience did not ask for repetes.

First the positives:
Thumps up for getting Diamond upgrades BOTH ways - this is a first for me (and according to the rules should not be possible).
Also thumps up for the outbound flight ARN-HKG where the purser actually welcomed me personally - also a first for me. Small Things but it Work wonders (at least for me).
Also on the CPH-ARN // ARN-CPH flights Diamond status was recognised and I did not need to show my card when ordering drinks.

However, the rest of the was a very mixed bag. Just to name a few

At the gate in ARN priority boarding was announced - and only for business class (have not seen this before). However, it was of course not enforced - and everyone boarded at the same time.
We had row 20 on the ARN-HKG flight - and the Swedish crew was extremely chatty in the galley for most of the trip - never eperienced it to this level before.
ARN-HKG was fully loaded in all classes that day
On top there was a constant traffic to and from the galley - guess they all wanted to join the party. Also Y and M pax happily used the C lavatory - crew not interfering. Sitting in row 20 this became rather disturbing.
The return flight requires a rather early start from Hong Kong centre - and in reality impossible to connect to same day.
HKG-ARN was likely 80% loaded in M, 40% in Y and almost full in C - although quite a bit of the C pax were upgrades.
On the return when arriving at ARN, the lines for passport control were huge. And a lot of people had to jump lines in order to catch their connection. When I asked the "immigration officer" why they did not open more "Booths" I got a very arrogant "it is the same at Kastrup" reply. ! What does that has to do with it. Agree at CPH the lines can be rather annoying as well - but it hardly justifies long lines at ARN.
After immigration we had to go security - I still do not get this. One machine working staffed with two very sleepy security agents (to do screening, move trays around, pat downs, help people, etc. Long lines - and to what purpose?
And then of course there is a lot of walking involved at ARN (and we did not even connected to domestic).

Conclusion:
1) Timing of the ARN-HKG-ARN flights are horrible IMHO
2) Diamond perks works well
3) Very sloppy crew on the ARN-HKG leg
4) I know why I avoid ARN - it is horribly inefficient for such a small airport.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
They should really remove the additional security at ARN for international connections, like they have done in CPH for US arrivals.

The other issues you point out are consistent across the board when traveling from ARN. Largely because of SK's inability to discipline and manage their staff. The immigration queues are worst when your flight arrival coincides with the EK or QR flights though rarely a problem if you have a EU passport.

Disagree on the timing of the flight, its very subjective and I personally think its great. At best it could depart an hour later but it makes little difference. The outbound provides an option to have a meal and watch a movie and still get 7-8 hours of sleep to make it to morning meetings. The return just costs you a day but arrives at a time where you can reasonably make it through Stockholm traffic, clearly not relevant for connecting travellers but given how Stockholm's infrastructure makes a 3rd world country look appealing, this is a major issue for locals.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
They should really remove the additional security at ARN for international connections, like they have done in CPH for US arrivals.
I guess this depends on the layout at ARN. At HEL, "clean" origins like JFK and LHR can go straight into the non-Schengen area without an additional security check, while other connecting passengers are directed to the transfer security area. However, this does require some careful work to make sure the right gates are used for the right traffic. Otherwise one will end up conflicting boarding/disembarking foot traffic or horrendous snaking corridors crammed into the terminal design to avoid such conflicts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.