Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The actual plastic Eurobonus card Q

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The actual plastic Eurobonus card Q

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Question The actual plastic Eurobonus card Q

Having made Silver in late December 2014, I still have just my EBB card.

I have requested new card and am wondering - does the card show expiration date? It appears to have an expiry date on the photo of the card on the website. From "My Eurobonus" page, I see this: Your qualification period:01 Mar 2014 - 28 Feb 2015 and we did fly over the 20,000 miles required, with last flight on 23 December so I understand that the start of the Silver is 23 December.

Also, upon receiving the Silver level - how long does one remain at this level if they don't earn enough points to maintain the level. I have searched the website and can't find this information.

Thanks~

Last edited by DebitNM; Feb 24, 2015 at 7:25 am
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: *G
Yes it shows expiration date. It'll last the qualifying period you qualify in +1 year+3 months. Sounds weird it's taking so long, took a couple or 3 weeks for me, but I'm located in Denmark
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I also requested new luggage tags end of December as the old ones broke and got lost. Still haven't had them. Maybe you should give SAS a call?

You stay at a membership level until the end of your next qualification period. If you don't re-qualify, you'll lose the status. There's usually a small 'grace period' as well at then end of it. In your case you'll stay silver until at least 28 February 2016, and if you manage to get enough points before then to re-qualify, you'll keep it one more year.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you; exactly what I was needing to know and it was what I wanted to hear!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:03 am

I finally got my luggage tags at the end of last week. That took about 2,5 months or even longer...
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Cards came in on Monday, so about a week.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC, SAS EBS, Miles&More
I finally hit Silver in early February and the card took about 2-3 weeks to come through. There does seem to be some sort of system error with my actual status as whilst my account screen shows Silver my boarding passes are still showing Basic. Someone at Heathrow tried to sort it out yesterday but they couldn't change it on their system.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:52 am

The trick is to update your bookings with EBSxxxxxxxxx instead of the current EBBxxxxxxxxx. SK doesn't update your bookings where you have your EB number quoted automatically after status change.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by UltraRant
The trick is to update your bookings with EBSxxxxxxxxx instead of the current EBBxxxxxxxxx. SK doesn't update your bookings where you have your EB number quoted automatically after status change.
Thanks for the tip. The SAS website isn't allowing updates at the moment so I can hopefully do this at online check-in.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by koshka
Thanks for the tip. The SAS website isn't allowing updates at the moment so I can hopefully do this at online check-in.
You can do that at the machine or at the on line check in... if the SAS website is working.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by UltraRant
You can do that at the machine or at the on line check in... if the SAS website is working.
SAS website working - three terms which rarely belong together

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.