Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

What's with the CPH lounge lately?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G

I think SAS have lost interest in even trying to provide a rounded, enjoyable lounge experience @CPH (over the last ten months or so, I also visited the SAS lounges at ARN, CDG, BRU, HEL, and OSL - they don't seem to have any of the issues described below, although I did not check Christmas holiday closing times).

- For months now, Wifi has not been working at the gold lounge (but apparently there is no problem downstairs). I discussed it repeatedly with lounge staff; last week I was told they were flying someone in from ARN to fix it, but that endeavour was unsuccesful. Incidentally, even when Wifi did - sort of - work back in October 2014 and before, they seemed to block certain ports; I could never use any chat service (business or private).

- On Dec 26 I tried to visit the lounge at 06:15 to find a sign informing me that they had reduced opening times during the holidays. Is that really the time where you want to annoy status customers to save a few bucks?

- I sampled the wine on tab in the business lounge - it is positively not drinkable.

- There is also small stuff that they don't care about any more - for example, they provide potato chips in the area towards the back of the gold lounge (where the desks are), but there were no dishes to use with the potato chips - for at least the duration of my visit (almost two hours).
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Agreed on wifi. It seems very slow and As the gold lounge is quite busy all the time, I figured they just ran out of available connections or bandwidth. Sort of an unintentional DDOS from the horde of Golds. Not sure why a guy from ARN needs to come over and fix things. Don't they have people in CPH?

SAS is still a social experiment where pushing the human limits is the main goal. So yes, I wouldn't be surprised if they just closed it to save a few bucks. Or because both Berit and Marianne who usually have the lounge open in the morning both wanted a vacation day.

Wine with SAS never has been drinkable. It's always been some anonymous red or yellow-ish liquid. Real wine is not provided via beer taps, but via bottles with labels with a load of information on them.

The potato chips issue is also something I encountered quite often. For example having a soup pan without soup for at least one hour (or with a few empty bowls of potential condiments). Even when asking staff if there will be more, nothing happens. I usually take some other plates when my preferred ones are not available (soup excluded). At least it's still better than in the domestic lounge in OSL, where only paper plates and plastic cups are available to load the 1 type of potato chips, 1 type of cookie, 1 type of dip and 1 type of 'healthy snack' on.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The WIFI at EWR and ORD is completely in the category piss-poor, simply cause, SK's IT department is tunnelling everything back to Stockholm.

With all their flaws, keeping their IT staff employed is well beyond everything acceptable and comprehensible.

The ARN lounge situation has been in need of more space or simply a 2nd lounge closer to the F gates for years. Nothing has happened, the EWR lounge is larger than the ARN one.

The complete lack of anything edible is another major concern, you can really only eat so many cookies.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: EBD
Not to mention the lack of newspapers and magazines (apart from occasional ones on women's health in Norwegian. Probably ok, but why no Danish magazines at all?) in the gold lounge @CPH. I always go downstairs where I can find lots of papers and different magazines. Too many gold/diamond customers?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Jespersm
Not to mention the lack of newspapers and magazines (apart from occasional ones on women's health in Norwegian. Probably ok, but why no Danish magazines at all?) in the gold lounge @CPH. I always go downstairs where I can find lots of papers and different magazines. Too many gold/diamond customers?
Probably most Scandinavians go upstairs and grab Scandinavian magazines and newspapers while downstairs there are not too many who could even read Danish material.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I am now in CPH Appartment and it is much worse than the Scandinavian lounge, if this comforts you in any way. There is essentially no food left, co croutons for the soup, no napkins, not even water to drink and the staff is not replacing anything. Have just seen the staff member taking coffee . It is clearly the same handling company as in the Scandinavian lounge though. Even the menu happens to be the same in both lounges quite often.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:17 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by ObserverA3

- I sampled the wine on tab in the business lounge - it is positively not drinkable.
I hope you voluntarily stayed downstairs and it is not that they block Star Golds from accessing the upstairs lounge
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
I hope you voluntarily stayed downstairs and it is not that they block Star Golds from accessing the upstairs lounge
It was entirely voluntary - I had a short chat with SAS at the desk downstairs about the status of my flight, and decided I could give it a few more minutes in the lounge. My mistake was to not go back upstairs for that glass of wine .
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wazow
I am now in CPH Appartment and it is much worse than the Scandinavian lounge, if this comforts you in any way. There is essentially no food left, co croutons for the soup, no napkins, not even water to drink and the staff is not replacing anything. Have just seen the staff member taking coffee . It is clearly the same handling company as in the Scandinavian lounge though. Even the menu happens to be the same in both lounges quite often.
I had to use the Novia lounge when I lost SEN and before I got my A3*G - I guess my expectations are just different when it comes to third party lounges. I found Novia quite acceptable (for a third party lounge), although (any of) the SAS lounges are obviously a big step up.

My OP was driven by my frustration about what I can only describe as a decline of the SAS lounges @CPH, and lack of interest on the part of SAS - as I said, I have not had similarly bad experiences in other SAS lounges (e.g., lack of WiFi, or chips yes, plates/bowls no). I think they just stopped caring @CPH. Contrast that with what for example LH have been doing recently with/to their SEN lounges in FRA or @LHR ...
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:33 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
It was entirely voluntary - I had a short chat with SAS at the desk downstairs about the status of my flight, and decided I could give it a few more minutes in the lounge. My mistake was to not go back upstairs for that glass of wine .
Thank you for confirming we can still go upstairs
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by TPJ
Thank you for confirming we can still go upstairs
I always go upstairs. Where should I go? I fly a mix of J and Y and I'm TK*G(E). Upstairs or down - which is better?

My next swing through CPH will be in 2 weeks.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydunipete
I always go upstairs. Where should I go? I fly a mix of J and Y and I'm TK*G(E). Upstairs or down - which is better?
The business lounge is downstairs - the *G lounge (better) is upstairs. You'll have access to both.

However, for the time being if you need wifi, you can only get that downstairs (although I have not personally checked that it actually works downstairs - that's what lounge personnel told me). And if you need drinkable wine, you can only get that upstairs.

For frequent moves between levels, you have the choice between stairs and an elevator .
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:38 am

However, for the time being if you need wifi, you can only get that downstairs
Wifi worked for me last week upstairs. Still I prefer my 4G Telia Roaming
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Originally Posted by fassy
Wifi worked for me last week upstairs. Still I prefer my 4G Telia Roaming
The airport wide free wifi works great in the lounge where everybody else log on SAS wifi.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I was there Sunday 15 March 2015. Upstairs the WiFi was working, but it was slow. I assume it would be worse and mid-week busy times.

The Thai soup was good though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.