Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

What's with the CPH lounge lately?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's with the CPH lounge lately?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
I usually have no problems with the CPH lounge wifi - in case I do I just log on the CPH free wifi. Can usually stream from either.
I think I did stream movie at CPH lounge using the lounge wifi - no problem either.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:40 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I usually have no problems with the CPH lounge wifi - in case I do I just log on the CPH free wifi. Can usually stream from either.
About the "Free wifi" - Are you talking about the one where you need to log in with a CPH advantage account or is there another "free wifi"?

(In the past I've found this one very unreliable, 'til the point where I just stopped using it. In chit-chat with a staff member they also said "wifi?! it never works, been like this for months". )

So it is really good news if the wifis are reliable now!
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The free CPH wifi used to be really bad, some recent improvements have made it usable and only requires an email address to logon instead of creating an account.

While that is still a terrible setup and ideally it should work without captive portals, hopefully in the future they'll enhance it further to work like that.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The free CPH wifi used to be really bad, some recent improvements have made it usable and only requires an email address to logon instead of creating an account.

While that is still a terrible setup and ideally it should work without captive portals, hopefully in the future they'll enhance it further to work like that.
The free CPH Wifi is indeed usable but coverage is not that great throughout the airport, especially in the lounge area and the D-gates. The CPH lounge wifi ranges from very decent to horrible bad. During busy times you can't even get to the sign-up/login page, if the lounge is empty it is good enough for NetFlix streaming.

I think they just have crappy consumer routers and not really enterprise gateways which do limiting per connection, QoS and balancing so the number of people in the network decides what you get.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by intuition
About the "Free wifi" - Are you talking about the one where you need to log in with a CPH advantage account or is there another "free wifi"?

(In the past I've found this one very unreliable, 'til the point where I just stopped using it. In chit-chat with a staff member they also said "wifi?! it never works, been like this for months". )

So it is really good news if the wifis are reliable now!
The free wifi is the one you need to log in - provided by CPH.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
In my experience both wifis have trouble at peak times. At regular times they are both OK. Actually the CPH wifi is kinda amazin. It works often after boarding the plane and also in the apron gates (from the bus, etc). I often use it so, as I have not data plan in DK.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by wazow
In my experience both wifis have trouble at peak times. At regular times they are both OK. Actually the CPH wifi is kinda amazin. It works often after boarding the plane and also in the apron gates (from the bus, etc). I often use it so, as I have not data plan in DK.
I agree. At most gates I can sit in the airplane and still be on-line. In my book the CPH wifi experience is superior to most other airport.

The e-mail required to log-on is a legal requirement - and you only enter it once.

I can not recognise all the negative comments on this. But as with anything else if you approach it with a negative attitude then it will likely not be a positive experience.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I agree. At most gates I can sit in the airplane and still be on-line. In my book the CPH wifi experience is superior to most other airport.

The e-mail required to log-on is a legal requirement - and you only enter it once.

I can not recognise all the negative comments on this. But as with anything else if you approach it with a negative attitude then it will likely not be a positive experience.
Mind this was only recently changed and improved, folks who don't visit CPH as often might still only have had the old experience which was terrible (the one with the separate Chinese SSID).
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fassy
In my experience the Wifi in both CPH and OSL is still very bad, ARN seems to work fine. At OSL I usually have to switch to the Telia Hotspot to get decent enough bandwidth to work over our VPN while at CPH which doesn't even have a Telia Hotspot I'm just out of luck and limited to mails only.
I get more reliable wifi -- free (via registered) or included via boingo unlimited (courtesy of American Express) -- at CPH than I do at say OSL or SVG. At ARN it works out better for me than at CPH, except at CPH I too indeed often get the free wifi signal even while seated on the planes. The airline/lounge Internet tends to work better for me than the more widely available airport-provided internet.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:42 am

Boingo is generally terrible, wether on the ground or in the air. Unfortunately in the air you don't have alternatives (at this point). Telia homerun either directly or with wifi-roaming partners usually works best for me, especially because I can login without captive portals.

I would welcome other airports designing their WIFI systems in such a way that they are available in the aircraft during boarding and deplaning in order to avoid the massive international roaming charges in certain parts of the world.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Boingo is generally terrible, wether on the ground or in the air. Unfortunately in the air you don't have alternatives (at this point). Telia homerun either directly or with wifi-roaming partners usually works best for me, especially because I can login without captive portals.

I would welcome other airports designing their WIFI systems in such a way that they are available in the aircraft during boarding and deplaning in order to avoid the massive international roaming charges in certain parts of the world.
Boingo roaming connects to the same networks as Telia Homerun, often without having to use the browser portal to login.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Boingo roaming connects to the same networks as Telia Homerun, often without having to use the browser portal to login.
Homerun on my iPhone somehow automatically works without any sign-in. I guess they match the phone to my Telia subscription on the background which makes it very comfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.