Search

New Cabin Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:53 am
BCC
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
New Cabin Upgrade

Any reviews out there on what people thought of the new cabin? It would be great to hear about Go / Plus & Business if anybody flew them yesterday and last night.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by BCC
Any reviews out there on what people thought of the new cabin? It would be great to hear about Go / Plus & Business if anybody flew them yesterday and last night.
First review is here (Danish review)

It was from the first flight yesterday in SAS Business - but also with alot of pictures from all three cabins.

Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Interesting, the Danish doesn't look like a real language but the pictures are great.

I'm not sure what he says about the new Hästens blankets, but they've been providing them on all long haul flights the past few weeks and they are a massive improvement over the old stuff.

The breakfast still looks terrible, they've also been offering that recently in the planes that haven't gotten a refurb and it is not C-worthy. BA provides a better breakfast on intra-Europe flights. I don't understand in what reality a piece of dry cold Salmon and some lettuce makes a meal.

Brief observations:

It's a pro that you can put your Macbook somewhere while eating, this is a massive shortcoming in the current C, unless the seat next to you is empty (< 20% chance).

The C "buffet" galley looks cleaner, hopefully they replaced the Espresso machines as those are often broken in the old interior.

The new screens look much better with the higher resolution but I'm not spotting any comments wrt to the IFE offering? Are we still stuck with the extremely limited offering of movies like in the non-refurbished planes that everyone has already seen? Or did they take the opportunity to solve that like all grown-up airlines.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Interesting, the Danish doesn't look like a real language but the pictures are great.

I'm not sure what he says about the new Hästens blankets, but they've been providing them on all long haul flights the past few weeks and they are a massive improvement over the old stuff.

The breakfast still looks terrible, they've also been offering that recently in the planes that haven't gotten a refurb and it is not C-worthy. BA provides a better breakfast on intra-Europe flights. I don't understand in what reality a piece of dry cold Salmon and some lettuce makes a meal.

Brief observations:

It's a pro that you can put your Macbook somewhere while eating, this is a massive shortcoming in the current C, unless the seat next to you is empty (< 20% chance).

The C "buffet" galley looks cleaner, hopefully they replaced the Espresso machines as those are often broken in the old interior.

The new screens look much better with the higher resolution but I'm not spotting any comments wrt to the IFE offering? Are we still stuck with the extremely limited offering of movies like in the non-refurbished planes that everyone has already seen? Or did they take the opportunity to solve that like all grown-up airlines.
Let me try to answer the questions :-)

- The illy expresso machine are still in place

- The new IFE is showing 200+ movies and series and have VOD for everyone. It is HD screens and the provider is Zodiac and thier RAVE solution.. So SAS grew up.

/Henrik
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:16 pm
BCC
Original Poster

Thanks for the information, it was nice to read the review. If you can't read Danish - just put it into google translate.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by herro
I like the Pan Am ticket/BP holder
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by herro
- The illy expresso machine are still in place
I take it they where replaced though? Have had various flights lately where they where out of order.

- The new IFE is showing 200+ movies and series and have VOD for everyone. It is HD screens and the provider is Zodiac and thier RAVE solution.. So SAS grew up.
Wonderful news, perhaps I'll have a SK flight this year for the first time in years that has stuff on-board I haven't already seen!

Only thing that needs fixing now is the food.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:38 pm

Is WiFi active on the plane with the new cabin?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:31 am
BCC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mattfusf
The review said it was active but slow. Probably because everybody was on it. There was no charge but that will change in the future unless you have some SAS status I believe.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by mattfusf

According to the review it is, but it is very, very slow.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:27 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Interesting, the Danish doesn't look like a real language....
haha, modern English actually derives from (old) Danish.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Jespersm
Many useless old things evolved into good things, it is all about refining them. ;-)
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Jespersm
This statement is not entirely true. They are both part of the Indo-European languages, in which they share membership of one common larger language family, which is the Germanic languages. From there, the languages actually grow apart. Where Danish is part of the North Germanic and specifically Norse languages within the family tree, English is actually from the Anglo-Frysian branch (part of the West Germanic branch). The language English has most in common with is therefore Scots. Frisian, something spoken in the north of the Netherlands and parts of northwest Germany, is the other language closest to English. Third in line would be a Saxon language, I think, which is still spoken in parts of Holland and Germany.

Technically Danish is closest to Swedish, as both are considered east-Norse languages. Norwegian, on the other hand, is like Faroese and Icelandic, considered more or less West-Norse, where east-Norse influences are large and recognized as such.

So much for an update on natural languages.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:21 am

low Saxon German / Plattdeutsch is very close to Netherlands and Danish. We share so many words you probably can talk to each other.

Anyway, there are just a handful Germans left who use it or are fluent. Learned enough to had some basic understanding of Netherlandish and got an easy start in Danish while I feel Swedish to be a total different beast and not closely related. Sure, I see the similarities between Danish and Swedish but learning both as a foreign language I find they are quite different - mostly in the spoken language

Modern Friesisch as spoken on the islands is more a dialect of normal German. Not even a difficult one like east Saxon or Bavarian.

Anyway... We are drifting off

Last edited by fassy; Feb 20, 2015 at 12:31 am
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:29 am

I didn't make the taxonomy of natural languages. Other people did.

Anyway, you're right, we're drifting off. New cabin interior is the topic here. I guess that is 'neues Kabineninnraum' in German, 'nieuw cabineinterieur' in Dutch and 'ny kabineinteriør' in Danish and Norwegian. And 'ny bork! bork! bork! interiör' in Swedish. I have no clue of what it would be in Scots or Plattdeutsch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.