Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Longhaul Fleet List – Upgrade Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
**All aircraft have been refurbished**

New Cabin:
A330-300 (C32Y56M174 or C32Y56M178) (8|8)
LN-RKN – First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 17-Feb-2015 on CPH-EWR
LN-RKH - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Apr-2015 on OSL-EWR
LN-RKM - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 16-May-2015 on CPH-EWR
LN-RKO - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 14-Jun-2015 on CPH-IAD
LN-RKR - First revenue flight took place 21-Sep-2015 on CPH-ORD
LN-RKS - First revenue flight took place 01-Oct-2015 on CPH-ORD
LN-RKT - First revenue flight took place 12-Feb-2016 on CPH-IAD
LN-RKU - First revenue flight took place 16-Apr-2016 on CPH-EWR

A340-300 (C40Y28M179) (7|8)
OY-KBA - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 12-Nov-2015 on CPH-NRT
LN-RKF - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 10-Dec-2015 on CPH-NRT
OY-KBI - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 20-Jan-2016 on CPH-SFO
OY-KBM - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 21-Feb-2016 on CPH-SFO
LN-RKG - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 21-Mar-2016 on CPH-NRT
OY-KBC - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Jun-2016 on CPH-SFO
OY-KBD - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Jul-2016 on CPH-NRT

Reserve aircraft:
A340-300 (C42Y28M164) (1|8)
LN-RKP - Updated LAN interior (completed 27-APR-2016)

Operated by PrivatAir:
B737BBJ (C20M60) (1|1)

HB-JJA - Used on SK927/928 CPH-BOS since 14-Apr-2016

Planned deliveries which will have the new cabin:
A350-900
First delivery in 2019

Useful: http://www.scandinaviantraveler.com/se/newcabin/
Print Wikipost

SAS Longhaul Fleet List – Upgrade Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
@chriskayTO: Your wish is our command. Please look here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...n-upgrade.html
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Some interesting observations.

LN-RKN seems to be making a full rotation, in addition to the launch from CPH it has served ARN and OSL. It does only seem to be used towards EWR. Unfortunately this makes seeing the new cabin a gamble, I'm confident it would have been more interesting for SK financially as well if there was a fixed route, more people would be likely to pay a C-fare.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/ln-rkn/

LN-RKH has made it to Zurich.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/ln-rkh/
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:37 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Some interesting observations.

LN-RKN seems to be making a full rotation, in addition to the launch from CPH it has served ARN and OSL. It does only seem to be used towards EWR. Unfortunately this makes seeing the new cabin a gamble, I'm confident it would have been more interesting for SK financially as well if there was a fixed route, more people would be likely to pay a C-fare.
They had some disturbances over the weekend on a couple of the other planes. At least the flight from OSL seems to be the consequence of this (it was ferried from ARN as the regular OSL machine was forced to return to EWR). I guess it will always be a gamble until take off to exactly which plane will be on a specific route, even if my guess would be that CPH-EWR is most likely to see LN-RKN.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It appears so, it has been to ARN a few times but seems to exclusively serve EWR and predominantly from CPH.

I'm off to EWR Monday-Wednesday and I'm tempted to take one leg via CPH in order to have a chance to see the new cabin.

Has anyone else had a chance to see LN-RKN in the flesh?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:04 am

The new SAS seat is currently on display in ARN's Sky City. It's in the public part of the airport, so you don't have to be a passenger or go through security to see it. I grabbed a video of the seat and put it up on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_-cxunqg5I
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Nice video. Gives a good impression of the product. Can't wait to get my eh's in one of those seats.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: *G
I know it's mainly the new C cabin that's exciting, but as I booked a trip to HKG, I'd be grateful if some one could (or can eventually) bring some insigth to any better or worse than average GO seats. And for the sake of completeness this would also be nice to have with PLUS seats
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Any chance I'll get an upgraded aircraft for my CPH-PVG flight on the 26th March, return 4th April?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by KiwiRob
Any chance I'll get an upgraded aircraft for my CPH-PVG flight on the 26th March, return 4th April?
Hardly, they are doing the A330's first and that route is served exclusively with A340.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
So LN-RKN is the only bird in the fleet that features the new C? Per http://www.scandinaviantraveler.com/se/newcabin/, LN-RKH is in progress so it will be the second bird with new C?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: KL Platinum, SAS Silver
Originally Posted by mediator
So LN-RKN is the only bird in the fleet that features the new C? Per http://www.scandinaviantraveler.com/se/newcabin/, LN-RKH is in progress so it will be the second bird with new C?
Correct. It will be a long time before you can be confident that you will get new C, even on US routes
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:35 am

Noticed that the new bird flew to ORD for the first time today
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DeninDK
Correct. It will be a long time before you can be confident that you will get new C, even on US routes
Thanks! Looks like by the end of the year, a larger portion of the A330 fleet will have new C if the upgrade is on schedule.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Was booking an flight ARN-EWR today and was happy/surprised to see seat selection was reflecting a refitted AC. Have my fingers crossed that turns out to be true.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:22 pm
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
Originally Posted by kjsaw
Was booking an flight ARN-EWR today and was happy/surprised to see seat selection was reflecting a refitted AC. Have my fingers crossed that turns out to be true.
I booked ARN / EWR for March 17. It had the new seating chart and I picked Row 30 - The first Go row right behind Plus. I just happened to check my seats about 10 days before departure and they switched our plane. I was still in Row 30 but that was no longer the first row behind plus. Luckily a seat with an isle was still open in row 20 and I was able to switch. Make sure you check periodically and hopefully that plane doesn't change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.