Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Longhaul Fleet List – Upgrade Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
**All aircraft have been refurbished**

New Cabin:
A330-300 (C32Y56M174 or C32Y56M178) (8|8)
LN-RKN – First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 17-Feb-2015 on CPH-EWR
LN-RKH - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Apr-2015 on OSL-EWR
LN-RKM - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 16-May-2015 on CPH-EWR
LN-RKO - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 14-Jun-2015 on CPH-IAD
LN-RKR - First revenue flight took place 21-Sep-2015 on CPH-ORD
LN-RKS - First revenue flight took place 01-Oct-2015 on CPH-ORD
LN-RKT - First revenue flight took place 12-Feb-2016 on CPH-IAD
LN-RKU - First revenue flight took place 16-Apr-2016 on CPH-EWR

A340-300 (C40Y28M179) (7|8)
OY-KBA - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 12-Nov-2015 on CPH-NRT
LN-RKF - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 10-Dec-2015 on CPH-NRT
OY-KBI - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 20-Jan-2016 on CPH-SFO
OY-KBM - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 21-Feb-2016 on CPH-SFO
LN-RKG - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 21-Mar-2016 on CPH-NRT
OY-KBC - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Jun-2016 on CPH-SFO
OY-KBD - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Jul-2016 on CPH-NRT

Reserve aircraft:
A340-300 (C42Y28M164) (1|8)
LN-RKP - Updated LAN interior (completed 27-APR-2016)

Operated by PrivatAir:
B737BBJ (C20M60) (1|1)

HB-JJA - Used on SK927/928 CPH-BOS since 14-Apr-2016

Planned deliveries which will have the new cabin:
A350-900
First delivery in 2019

Useful: http://www.scandinaviantraveler.com/se/newcabin/
Print Wikipost

SAS Longhaul Fleet List – Upgrade Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SK1989
No aircraft have any fixed route so the new cabin will appear on all A330 flights from CPH, ARN and OSL. Since it takes around one month to do the cabin modification it will take until mid May at the earliest to get the A330s completed.

LN-RKH will fly to ZRH when LN-RKN return to service ^
With SAS, this means the A330s will be completed some time in August. Mark my words.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Makes sense - so the only way you can tell is by seatmap?
The seatmap during check-in, not the advance seatmap, I guess.

It's going to be a gamble until all aircraft of a given type are done.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: KL Platinum, SAS Silver
when sas was putting int the LAN horror plane (LN-RKP), they did some trial runs to Rome etc. Wonder if there will be the same thing today before the debut tomorrow?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Scott218
The flight home looked like a lot of fun.
The first commercial flight with the retrofit looks to be CPH to EWR on Feb 17.

http://www.experiencetheskies.com/sa...dern-approach/
Looks like the new interior just got unveiled in Copenhagen.
It definitely doesn't look like this aircraft will be exclusive on the CPH-EWR route. Since there is only one plane with the new cabins in service, it would likely be used across all routes using the A330 today.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Looks good, LN-RKN lost its Star Alliance colours. I wonder if they will reinstate those on any refurbished aircraft.

Anyone on CPH-EWR tomorrow?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Scott218
Looks like the new interior just got unveiled in Copenhagen.
It definitely doesn't look like this aircraft will be exclusive on the CPH-EWR route. Since there is only one plane with the new cabins in service, it would likely be used across all routes using the A330 today.
I can confirm that the aircraft will do other routes. But SAS will try to fix it to the CPH-EWR route for some time. But as we alle know their fleet is small and just a minor outage and the entire fleet plan will change. Especially this year where they all the time will have a aircraft in Zόrich for refurbish and c-check.

There is picture and article (in DK) here from the event today in Copehagen.

The overall aircraft looks pretty nice in these new grey cabin colors.

I know someone who is on the flight tomorrow so I do expect to get first impression very soon :-)

Br,
Henrik Olsen
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:36 pm

I still hate the 1-2-1 seating in C. They never even considered that people would want to travel seated next to each other AND at the window. There would have been options to to 1-2-1 and 2-1-2 alternating rows or similar.

Great for solo travelers though.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
I still hate the 1-2-1 seating in C. They never even considered that people would want to travel seated next to each other AND at the window. There would have been options to to 1-2-1 and 2-1-2 alternating rows or similar.

I do agree, but wonder if not solo travelers are the vast majority for all airlines in C?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:19 pm

Booked this weekend EWR - CPH, looking forward to seeing the new cabin!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by fassy

Big topic for families too. The Thompson seating doesn't allow you to monitor your child next to you properly.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Big topic for families too. The Thompson seating doesn't allow you to monitor your child next to you properly.
Which discourages people from bringing infants/children into C - that is a positive thing.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Which discourages people from bringing infants/children into C - that is a positive thing.
I do not agree.

Those with terrible kids won't care and are probably happy that they get a couple of extra inches between them and their misbehaving brads while well behaved families, where the parents want to be close the the kids to calm them down in case they get anxious, get penalized - and the kids which in other cases won't be problem will get more difficult. So, it is just a stupid decision.

Wrong signal.

I know that if I travel with my significant other, which will only sit at a window and is afraid of flying - so need somebody close by, I will opt for other carriers with 2-2-2 or 2-1-2 seating like OS - which by the way trumphs in catering anyway. As long as SK won't improve on food and service the new seats won't make me choose their C over the competition.

I probably will only use CPH-SFO or CPH-EWR from time to time flying solo on business to save on time and keep it convenient.

I also do not agree that most people in C are solo travelers, more like round about half of the cabin and depending on the destination. I usually would guess 50% solo, 25% families and 25% couples or group of colleagues which sometimes prefer to sit close to each other to talk. Especially in the trips from/to EWR, SFO, ORD I see a lot of couples and families while on the Asia routes is the other way around.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:12 am

It's subjective of course, despite the various arguments we're seeing certain airlines flat-out banning children from C/F and the general opinion on this forum is usually against as well.

I kept mine out of airplanes entirely until they where at an age where they could behave (be quiet) and then another few years out of C until they could behave there. Simply out of courtesy to other passengers as I absolutely despise bad behaving/uncontrolled infants/children in C. I've also seen exceptions but they where just that, exceptions.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:51 am

I'm also happy if I see no kids in the airplane (and it doesn't matter if in C, F or even Y) on a long haul flight. Anyway lately I have seen so many really nice kids in C that behaved very well even being quite young (like two lovely 3 year old girls in 4AB next to on my last flight from SFO) that I kind of say: "Well, if they behave, it is good. If they don't it is bad but I have seen so many bad behaving grown ups in premium cabins that you can't tell from their age if it will be good flight or not." In general I think people should respect the other pax and keep quite - independent of age, race/ethnic, religion or similar believe systems.

And you will never see SK or LH ban kids from premium cabins - so why not make the best out of it and make it possible for the parents to keep them close?

I think this cabin design is another classic case of wrong consultancy and misleading expectation about their customer base together with poor decision making. They definitely lost my private business and I know quite a lot of friends and colleagues who booked also on other carriers with 2-1-2 or 2-2-2 C seating for their vacation which have booked on SK before.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:53 am

Not making a rule against something but making it at the same time practically impossible is a very Swedish/hypocritical solution to a problem. ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.