Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Longhaul Fleet List – Upgrade Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
**All aircraft have been refurbished**

New Cabin:
A330-300 (C32Y56M174 or C32Y56M178) (8|8)
LN-RKN – First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 17-Feb-2015 on CPH-EWR
LN-RKH - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Apr-2015 on OSL-EWR
LN-RKM - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 16-May-2015 on CPH-EWR
LN-RKO - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 14-Jun-2015 on CPH-IAD
LN-RKR - First revenue flight took place 21-Sep-2015 on CPH-ORD
LN-RKS - First revenue flight took place 01-Oct-2015 on CPH-ORD
LN-RKT - First revenue flight took place 12-Feb-2016 on CPH-IAD
LN-RKU - First revenue flight took place 16-Apr-2016 on CPH-EWR

A340-300 (C40Y28M179) (7|8)
OY-KBA - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 12-Nov-2015 on CPH-NRT
LN-RKF - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 10-Dec-2015 on CPH-NRT
OY-KBI - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 20-Jan-2016 on CPH-SFO
OY-KBM - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 21-Feb-2016 on CPH-SFO
LN-RKG - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 21-Mar-2016 on CPH-NRT
OY-KBC - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Jun-2016 on CPH-SFO
OY-KBD - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Jul-2016 on CPH-NRT

Reserve aircraft:
A340-300 (C42Y28M164) (1|8)
LN-RKP - Updated LAN interior (completed 27-APR-2016)

Operated by PrivatAir:
B737BBJ (C20M60) (1|1)

HB-JJA - Used on SK927/928 CPH-BOS since 14-Apr-2016

Planned deliveries which will have the new cabin:
A350-900
First delivery in 2019

Useful: http://www.scandinaviantraveler.com/se/newcabin/
Print Wikipost

SAS Longhaul Fleet List – Upgrade Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by Challenger_SS
Good evening from SFO

I flew in on Monday from ZRH via Copenhagen and then continued with SAS 935 in Premium Eco. It was still the old design. On way back I had a reserved seat in row 17. However by checking online check in, I saw that row 27 was active. Damn, I thought like somebody degraded for some reason. Asking on the checking counter, they told me that the plane was just about to fly in with new cabin design . Great news !!!!
I'll keep ya updated with some pixx.

cheerio,

Mariuzzo
Yep - according to Flightradar24 LN-RKS is now in operation with first rotation on 01-OCt-2015 on CPH-ORD-CPH and second rotation 02-Oct-2015 CPH-SFO-CPH.

Missed it by one day coming back from ORD on Tuesday

Svantevit
Old Oct 4, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Svantevit
Yep - according to Flightradar24 LN-RKS is now in operation with first rotation on 01-OCt-2015 on CPH-ORD-CPH and second rotation 02-Oct-2015 CPH-SFO-CPH.

Missed it by one day coming back from ORD on Tuesday

Svantevit
Good to hear as we're booked on 936 from SFO in early December. We are on an Aeroplan award ticket and although I can't seem to bring up the seat map on SAS website, I was able to on TP since we have a connecting flight CPH-LIS. The seat map on TP indicated 1-2-1 seating in J on our December flight, so I'm hopeful it will remain this way.

Two questions --

On the A340 in J, SeatGuru indicates the forward restroom is for crew only. Is this also the case on the new A330?

Is the TV monitor in row 1 on the bulkhead wall or does it come out from within the seat?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BEAV
Good to hear as we're booked on 936 from SFO in early December. We are on an Aeroplan award ticket and although I can't seem to bring up the seat map on SAS website, I was able to on TP since we have a connecting flight CPH-LIS. The seat map on TP indicated 1-2-1 seating in J on our December flight, so I'm hopeful it will remain this way.

Two questions --

On the A340 in J, SeatGuru indicates the forward restroom is for crew only. Is this also the case on the new A330?

Is the TV monitor in row 1 on the bulkhead wall or does it come out from within the seat?
The two new A330 are supposed to transfer to ARN-HKG operations. However, NRT is supposed to get upgraded A340 from November, and the planes are rotated across NRT and SFO normally. So if all goes according to plan, you should end up in an upgraded A340. Does TP indicate the plane type?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The two new A330 are supposed to transfer to ARN-HKG operations. However, NRT is supposed to get upgraded A340 from November, and the planes are rotated across NRT and SFO normally. So if all goes according to plan, you should end up in an upgraded A340. Does TP indicate the plane type?
TP indicated A340 with 1-2-1 seating configuration, so you are spot on with your assessment.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
and the planes are rotated across NRT and SFO normally.
Sure about this? Fits eastward but certainly not westward.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Sure about this? Fits eastward but certainly not westward.
Normally the plane that comes in from SFO goes to NRT. Someone mentioned that they rotate 4 planes over NRT/SFO/PVG to make the pieces fit.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Air New Zealand Gold
Hi Guys

Does anyone know an ETA for whne the CPH-NRT A340s will be upgraded to new design?

Thanks
J
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JeeiJapan
Hi Guys

Does anyone know an ETA for whne the CPH-NRT A340s will be upgraded to new design?

Thanks
J
Last information that I saw was end November for Narita, however I have yet to see any indication that the first A340 has started the refurbishment. So they are in a bit of a hurry, or they have to delay the roll-out....
I checked the Japanese SK website, it does not have a start date mentioned, but I am not sure I have ever seen a start day on the main website.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Air New Zealand Gold
thanks mate, yes we might be one of the last to get it?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: A3 *G; Honors Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by BEAV
TP indicated A340 with 1-2-1 seating configuration, so you are spot on with your assessment.
I don't think so and even though it may be the last long-haul destination using 1-2-1 aircraft.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simcity4000
I don't think so and even though it may be the last long-haul destination using 1-2-1 aircraft.
Considering how busy NRT usually is in business class, I would guess that the first refurbished A340s will fly here. And SK has been indicating that in various communications here in Japan as well. It has become a bit quiet on that front, so I am not sure what is happening. But my first guess would be a delay in the upgrades of the planes, maybe delivery delays with the seats. AA has had big problems with getting the seats they ordered, so it would not be the first example if that were to hit SK as well.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:50 pm

Programs: A3 *G; Honors Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite; IHG Diamond;
Considering how busy NRT usually is in business class, I would guess that the first refurbished A340s will fly here. And SK has been indicating that in various communications here in Japan as well. It has become a bit quiet on that front, so I am not sure what is happening. But my first guess would be a delay in the upgrades of the planes, maybe delivery delays with the seats. AA has had big problems with getting the seats they ordered, so it would not be the first example if that were to hit SK as well.
Sorry I mean for HK.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD
I'm booked on SK984 flying NRT-CPH on 17th of november and the seat reservation chart on sas.se and in kvstool shows the new cabin layout and that it is being served with a A340-300.
However seatguru.com doesn't reflect this.

But I'm hoping SAS knows their own plans and that the online seat reservation and kvstool are accurate
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It appears OY-KBA is being retrofitted which is the first A340 on the schedule, SK indicated that NRT would be the first destination to see the new cabin on A340 routes. The data could add up and hopefully you get to fly the new cabin in November on that route.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
It appears OY-KBA is being retrofitted which is the first A340 on the schedule, SK indicated that NRT would be the first destination to see the new cabin on A340 routes. The data could add up and hopefully you get to fly the new cabin in November on that route.
Have they announced KBA going in for the refit? Or is it flightradar24 hinting that it flew in the right direction?
Good if they are finally getting cracking on the A340s

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.