Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ID Pax on SAS Business

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 2:03 am

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
I see this quite often. Last month I flew from ORD, I got op-upped due to status. However, as I was flying with my wife and kid (booked on a separate ticket) I declined and stayed with my family in plus. When we boarded, I could see, that the seat I was offered was free. Just before take-off, a person with a clearly marked "SAS CREW" bag was brought up from economy by the purser and offered that seat. Surely, I could not've been the only person with a status on that plane, but since I originally declined, it was a great chance to offer it to a colleague.

If an employe in my company prioritized a colleague over a paying customer when it came to service and product they would be fired on the spot.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by dehetoxic
Nothing to moot about, but just wondering how much do their paid for their ticket ?
Free/reduced priced travel is generally an employment perk of airline employees.

i think 2 or 3 seats were empty.
Empty seats are referred to as positive space. Most airlines will attempt to fill positive space in a pre-determined priority sequence, and non-revenue passengers (non-revs) are generally the lowest priority in that sequence.

SunLover
Old May 25, 2015, 3:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SunLover
Free/reduced priced travel is generally an employment perk of airline employees.

Empty seats are referred to as positive space. Most airlines will attempt to fill positive space in a pre-determined priority sequence, and non-revenue passengers (non-revs) are generally the lowest priority in that sequence.

SunLover
Must be special to work for SAS as an employee, flying Business
Old May 25, 2015, 5:19 am

Must be special to work for SAS as an employee, flying Business
Ah... all airlines do this. OR to be more precise - all airline crews and ground personal doing it even if it is often against policy.

Take a closer look how many crew tags you see in LH, OS or other carriers in C. UA global first for years has been a more or less exclusive family and friends cabin.

And to be honest, that is ok for me if they fill up non-used C seats with colleagues as long as they don't rob paying customers the option which sadly happens often enough.

I guess these kind of opups do not ever make it in the system anyway, so for SK it looks like those seats stayed empty and nobody complains.

What I do not get is: Why doesn't SK opens up award space a couple of weeks out to fill empty seats? Come on, get payed miles or points is not as good as cash but better than flying on empty.

Also the total lack of promotional international C fares is amazing...
Old May 25, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors
I have no problem with this. As others have pointed out, business class travel comes as part of the benefits package for airline employees, similar to company cars, etc. It's part of the compensation and if it annoys you, fly with an airline that doesn't provide this (hint: hard to find).

Or better still: start working as a flight attendant at SAS. Since they are spoiled, overpaid and are flying more often for leisure in business class than for work, it should be the perfect job?
Old May 25, 2015, 6:07 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
OMG - yet another 'airline employee flying in C' thread... Maybe you should all start working for an airline than?
Old May 25, 2015, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by SunLover

That depends. Delta, for instance, domestic upgrades are free for medallions. If they don't fill F, the remaining seats might get sold at the gate or given to non-revs. International, they're not free, so they go to non-revs.
Old May 26, 2015, 2:08 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
deleted

Last edited by intuition; May 26, 2015 at 2:54 am Reason: OT
Old May 26, 2015, 2:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
5 posts with OT personal comments and response thereto deleted.

Regards Oliver2002
Senior mod
Old May 26, 2015, 8:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A reminder that FlyerTalk has Rules, which we all agree to abide by in return for membership privileges:

12.3 Disruptive or repetitive posting Link to this topic

Posts that are inflammatory, inciting or unnecessarily provocative are not allowed.

Disrupting a forum by repetitively posting comments of the same general theme or 'piling-on' by posting merely to reinforce or bump a prior post of a disruptive nature are both examples of disruptive posting and not permitted.
That would include attacks and negative characterizations of groups of people.

18. Discussion of Moderator Actions
Link
to this Rule

Moderators value your private views and feedback related to their actions and duties. You may submit appropriate feedback to moderators by private message or e-mail. Do not post comments about moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread.
We'll close this thread for now, as it seems more a forum for expressing opinions than about flying or earning or using miles on SAS.

JDiver
Senior Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; May 26, 2015 at 8:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.