Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Website & App Down?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:45 am

Hmmm, their Amadeus link seems to broken again.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Is anyone able to book tickets now?

I need one ticket (a simple return) and just get the 'technical error - please try again' at the end of the booking process.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:28 pm

Same here, also in the app the have put a banner 'sorry, we have technical difficulties'

Another demonstration of the incompetence of SK IT
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
The website is sooooo slow, almost not working at all and App is surely tilt.

This coincides very much with promos etc., which makes me think don't they have capacity enough on their server?? That would be very very stupid fault.

Now their point bargains for Germany but I cannot access them
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
I haven't been able to access the site at all this morning. I can't see how an airline cannot keep a site running if they expect to sell tickets. I can't imageine that their "amazing" promo has managed to crash the site...there cannot be that many people willing to burn points to Germany.

Probably unrelated, I noticed last week that the site required me to log in to my account twice. Perhaps they are trying to fix a few recent bugs and have ended up creating a bigger mess.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:37 am

I do have login teice issue as well in flysas.com, it works for me without issues on sas.se.

I'm general sas.se worksuch better than the international sites, I have the impression it is a dedicated system and not dragged down if the flysas.com is dying...

Btw.: the iPhone auto correct wants to change 'flysas' to 'fly sad' - kind of a good match
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by fassy

Btw.: the iPhone auto correct wants to change 'flysas' to 'fly sad' - kind of a good match
Good catch

I have the same observation that sas.se works for me somehow, but badly. The others, flysas.com and flysas.fi doesn't work at all.

And it is numerous times the website is nor working. So much that they really are losing money on that.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:07 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
So I had to buy a simple ticket (a straight return) and I always choose SK for this route as they are by far the most convenient (a direct flight of an hours - all other options involve a connection quite out of the way). Also I decided to OLCI for a flight tomorrow.
It took 30 minutes to do this 2 basic and simple operations. The website logged me off at different step of the booking process, error messages, connections that times out. I was on the verge to buy a ticket twice more expensive on another airline with a connection of 5 hours.

And it seems it removed my EB number from the booking I OLCI, based on the look of it

This is a joke of a website and a company
[/Rant over]
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:07 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Duplicated
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Been trying to book an EB award ticket for days but can't for the life of me get the website to load...using Firefox on Mac OS X but have also tried Safari, Firefox on windows and IE on Windows. "Loads" a blank page every time

Any tips or workarounds? I tried scandinavian.net but that just seems to redirect to flysas.com...and sas.se loads the same blank page. The mobile site loads, but I can't find a way to book an EB ticket.

And the SAS app isn't available in the US iTunes store.

If I call to book, is there a phone booking fee? Normally I'd look up the answer on their website, except it won't load
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:39 am

When making an award booking by phone, I've never been charged an extra fee. Might also have to do with me mainly booking partner airline award bookings by phone and SAS-rewards by internet.

If you've been using different browsers or even different computers and got the same result over and over again, then it's not your fault. then it's just the legendary SAS IT department in action. In that case I'd just call them, explain the situation and ask them if they can help you with your award booking.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
If you have not done so, try to use private/incognito mode or clean your browser cookies (this is friendly towards SAS IT ... they sometimes need to be treated like kids).
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by wazow
If you have not done so, try to use private/incognito mode or clean your browser cookies (this is friendly towards SAS IT ... they sometimes need to be treated like kids).
But mAAine_flyer says to have used at least 5 browsers on 2 operating systems. In that case it's not the cookies.

Are there more people by the way who run into this issue: Every time I log in to my account and then click on my profile, I am redirected to the log in screen (despite stating I am logged in right next to it). When I then click on my EuroBonus I am prompted to log in again. Got the same result from 2 different pcs and 3 different browsers. I find it quite annoying that I have to log in for every page I like to see.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Yes it has happened to me often in the last 2-3 weeks.
But not every time, only sometimes.
I have noticed that it doesn't show my points up in the right corner when this happens (after the first login), so now I just leave the page and try again a little later and then it is normally ok.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UltraRant
But mAAine_flyer says to have used at least 5 browsers on 2 operating systems. In that case it's not the cookies.

Are there more people by the way who run into this issue: Every time I log in to my account and then click on my profile, I am redirected to the log in screen (despite stating I am logged in right next to it). When I then click on my EuroBonus I am prompted to log in again. Got the same result from 2 different pcs and 3 different browsers. I find it quite annoying that I have to log in for every page I like to see.
YES to the last paragraph. Extremely annoying.

However, SAS has a USA problem it seems. What mAAine_flyer describes is exactly how I spent 2 week in the States - without access to SAS' website at all. Ended up checking in online at wideroe.no, may work for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.