Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS launches Stockholm - Hong Kong in 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS launches Stockholm - Hong Kong in 2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Link working now - basically SAS is quoted for opening up a new NA route from OSL. The rest is pure speculation (SEA, LAX, BOS, DEN, MIA)
I think they should go for Toronto, Canada instead.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
LAX, DEN, YYZ and YVR would all make sense. They are all hubs of UA. So far SK only flies directly into *A hubs in NA. I think that's what keeps these routes viable for SK, as a lot of passengers usually connect to other flights on UA.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by UltraRant
So far SK only flies directly into *A hubs in NA. I think that's what keeps these routes viable for SK, as a lot of passengers usually connect to other flights on UA.
Right, which makes it even harder to understand why they choose to reschedule ARN-ORD so it arrives too late for many connections. ARN-EWR likely has (much) more O/D. (I know, they may save on some cost, but they likely also lose some revenue...).
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Hagbard Viking
Right, which makes it even harder to understand why they choose to reschedule ARN-ORD so it arrives too late for many connections. ARN-EWR likely has (much) more O/D. (I know, they may save on some cost, but they likely also lose some revenue...).
If ARN-ORD gets CBP Preclearance and UA decides to provide non-T5 gates to SK at ORD, then there is then more opportunity to make onward connecting flights; but if the SK flight is late, then the odds of being stuck at ORD or ending up at an ORD hotel for the night will skyrocket.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Hkg pre-launch function

Is anyone invited to go later today at the 4S, and what sorta function it normally is for SAS?

Ran into a major schedule conflict as it is the Tiananmen Massacre remembrance evening here in HKG... I could make both only if its worthwhile...
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
CX connections from HKG

I was just booking flights for the fall and noticed that in some of the route options SK is offering me connections with CX. While it makes perfect sense to partner up with CX in HKG, as usual we need to find out the hard way without any announcements. The main issue appears that SK is only offering Economy tickets on the CX flights while when I look on the CX site there is plenty of Business availability. Fortunately they offer GREAT connections, so I'm hoping this is an error and we will be able to book Business on CX.

Is there any information regarding these connections? Can we expect earnings on CX? Will they become an official partner?

When looking for ARN-HKG-SYD for the same dates on the CX website they only offer routing through DOH and the SK flight doesn't show up.

Welcome any feedback.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
If the flight is operated by CX, then you get miles according to your OW FFP. I seriously doubt that you can get SK miles for CX flights.

When I search for CPH to HKG with SK, it used to come with connection at PVG to KA. I know SK used to have connection with KA (I think they share an office with KA in Hong Kong DT office).

I think CX and QR are cooperating in operating HKG-DOH route and therefore for ARN-SYD on CX would be ARN-DOH-HKG with QR and then HKG to SYD with CX.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
As the website ticket situation didn't change, I just called and was put in business on the CX flight. There was obviously plenty availability as the CX site indicated and the call center assistant will report the error to SK IT.

She had no information on future collaboration or *A earnings. I'll credit the flight to OW which is no problem.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
She had no information on future collaboration or *A earnings. I'll credit the flight to OW which is no problem.
It's not...?

One time I tried to credit an intra-US flight on American Airlines to my AAdvantage account and they told me back "no-can-do" as the ticket was on SK 117 stock and thus ineligible. I got the impression that it was a OW policy and not just AA.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:41 am

Had the same issue with AA. That was the reason for me to always call in and get a UA connection while the website just maps out AA
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AirportGeekCPH
It's not...?

One time I tried to credit an intra-US flight on American Airlines to my AAdvantage account and they told me back "no-can-do" as the ticket was on SK 117 stock and thus ineligible. I got the impression that it was a OW policy and not just AA.
117 stock should not be a problem, if it was SK codeshare then an issue. For OW marketing carrier is the deciding factor. So if you have an SK codeshare on AA (not sure if that is a thing??) SK will not give you miles as they go by operating carrier, neither will AA as they go by marketing carrier.

Morale of the story, make sure your booking has the flight codes of the operating carriers.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:09 am

I've had no problem whatsoever retroclaiming AA flights issued by SK on my BA FF account.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Does SAS have fun with inaugural flights?

Any reports on inaugurals?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Of course they do fun stuff!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Can someone name some samples, just for fun?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.