Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

My recent travails with EuroBonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My recent travails with EuroBonus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
I guess I only considered *A upgrades as an upgrade to a NEK seat is an oxymoron.

Did not realized that LH has its own type of OptionTown..good to know for future reference^
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by livious
I guess I only considered *A upgrades as an upgrade to a NEK seat is an oxymoron.
I would never upgrade a regional flight
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you use LH version of optiontown (operated by a competitor of optiontown) you can do cash upgrades which are reissued in G/E/N.
Is that new? I never heard of it. LH isn't very keen on advertizing this option, it seems.

Could you please provide the name of it? I think I'd like to try upgrading a bunch of upcoming long haul flights scheduled for next year...

Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2014, 3:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Could you please provide the name of it?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...onomy-bet.html
Old Dec 9, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I would never upgrade a regional flight
True, but the reductions to the earning table and lack of CC means that I don't have enough miles for a long haul on LH. Everything has been transferred to EB...which is now being devalued as well
Old Dec 9, 2014, 3:05 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Vielen Dank!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by kaustabh
Hi all,
For case -1, I intend to keep on trying with both Lufthansa & SAS. It was a Lufthansa ticket. And I really don't see the point of denying me ,since it was not my fault that I was re-routed.
It is not a problem of fault. The problem is that LH should pay for the points. They might be hard to convince, though. I would keep trying.

In this case, SAS says no points since it was a Finnair operated flight. Finnair says no points since it was a Star Alliance ticket.
I think you fallen exactly in a trap between the two alliances. This should normally be the case that one of them pays, but the rules are incompatible here. One world requires a OW ticket (but you bought it as a *A codeshare), while *A requires *A metal, but you flown OW metal. This is a deadlock. As per rules of all programs known to me, you stand no chance in this case. It is a very quirky and unlucky case, I have to say!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by wazow
It is not a problem of fault. The problem is that LH should pay for the points. They might be hard to convince, though. I would keep trying.

I think you fallen exactly in a trap between the two alliances. This should normally be the case that one of them pays, but the rules are incompatible here. One world requires a OW ticket (but you bought it as a *A codeshare), while *A requires *A metal, but you flown OW metal. This is a deadlock. As per rules of all programs known to me, you stand no chance in this case. It is a very quirky and unlucky case, I have to say!
As it is an Air China codeshare they might include it for earning. Then comes the question if there is any point to have points from one flight sitting in an account with them....
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As it is an Air China codeshare they might include it for earning. Then comes the question if there is any point to have points from one flight sitting in an account with them....
Agreed - only possibility here is usually to credit the ticket-issuing airline.

I had a complicated similar case earlier with MH-stock, CX-codeshare on CA metal (rebooking from MH when crediting BAEC). In the end this actually credited to EB as it was *A carrier, but it couldn't credit to BAEC (I could credit MH-Enrich but no idea what I would do with a few hundred miles there!)

In this case as others have said, it is LH that need to be contacted. EB cannot per their rules credit you for a LH-stock reroute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.