Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New point charts for Eurobonus starting 1.January 2015...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New point charts for Eurobonus starting 1.January 2015...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: EBG
Fassy hit it totally on the head, his post sums mine up to a T. I am in the same boat and will respond to the changes in the same manner. I can do nothing else as a flyer who cannot control what class I fly in and can only control the brand I fly SAS to keep my mileage up and really nothing else.

Now the points are the same from SAS to LH or many other star alliance machines SAS drops ot the bottom of the list now the points is the same as the rest.

Flew last week in SAS to EWR, the plane was almost empty. Many passengers sleeping flat in go in the rows of empties, perhaps this will become the new advantage of using SAS......

I just don't get their thinking, there is a piece of the puzzle that is missing or that I cannot see.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jjakobv84
No.
Thanks, does it mean nothing will change to the miles credit to other *A or United partners ? Even-though it booked into K or O?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Pontus Ahlgren
Will this effect the points earning for United MP ? I have 2 trips to Tokyo booked into SAS Go in January but bank the mileage to my United MP.
No.
Originally Posted by Pontus Ahlgren
Thanks, does it mean nothing will change to the miles credit to other *A or United partners ? Even-though it booked into K or O?
Wouldn't be too sure about this in general. I guess for the trips in January it is safe too assume that the mileage earning won't change but I guess sooner or later the partner programs will be updated as well.

Originally Posted by nussle
Now the points are the same from SAS to LH or many other star alliance machines SAS drops ot the bottom of the list now the points is the same as the rest.

Flew last week in SAS to EWR, the plane was almost empty. Many passengers sleeping flat in go in the rows of empties, perhaps this will become the new advantage of using SAS......
Bottom line: They are way to expensive while not offering any incentive for the extra spend. So far it was at least the OT concept and very generous mileage. Now where this is gone? What is left?

Perhaps the change comes with price reductions but as far as I can see in the foreseeable future nothing has changed here.

Originally Posted by nussle
I just don't get their thinking, there is a piece of the puzzle that is missing or that I cannot see.
First, they do no think and plan a strategy which for an airline for certain should include their loyal customers, they run numbers.

My last company had the same idea to do business and finally died over this. We (sales and the technical consultants) gave constant ideas and feedback what needs to change on the product to make customers buy it. But as long as you couldn't match an investment directly against an 100% secured opportunity to ensure ROI in x quarters the idea was axed as being too expensive with uncertain outcome. In the long run we lost a lot of customers to the competition which just promised the customer what they wanted and after getting the purchase order following that promise took money in hand and made it happen.

Second, as long as they hold contracts with certain huge companies they do not care about a company like mine having just one guy in the Nordics. Even though I take my 50+ legs SK metal (long and short haul) a year and another 50+ on partner metal I'm just a small fish. They can live without me - the point they don't see is, small fishes tend to swim in big swarms and once the swarm changes direction with the stream - there is no easy way back...

For me a typical management failure to plan a long lasting sales strategy including huge companies, small business and the leisure traveler to ensure future operations.

Thanks SAS, indeed 'We Are Travlers', but unfortunately not on your metal too often next year.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
Wouldn't be too sure about this in general. I guess for the trips in January it is safe too assume that the mileage earning won't change but I guess sooner or later the partner programs will be updated as well.
I interpreted the question as someone flying on SK metal (with or without a SK ticket) crediting to UA MileagePlus. I don't see why a change in the SK earn award chart has any implications on his mileage earned on UA.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:52 am

I interpreted the question as someone flying on SK metal (with or without a SK ticket) crediting to UA MileagePlus. I don't see why a change in the SK earn award chart has any implications on his mileage earned on UA.
We read it the same way. SK has to "pay" for each mile credited to UA. So, if they adjust earings in their own program, they will at some point also adjust the points/miles awarded to partner programs.

See LH, TK and others where it happened last year...

Why should they give you 100% for E, M, H, Q, V, W, U, G, K, L, T, O to UA MP while you will get fewer miles for W, U, G, K, L, T, O on SK EuroBonus?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: SK*Gold
Just occurred to me that if they get rid of the distinction between Europe 1 & 2 for earning points, they should do the same for spending points.

Isn't usual to have a correlation for areas in the spending and earning charts?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:48 am

Who says the system has to be fair?

Here another source http://www.businessclass.se/sas-andr...ing-eurobonus/ - Chrome translation to English is ok to read...

Reads quite pro-SAS though.

I can also understand they cannot lose money running their FFP but the model could have been adjusted much better without pissing off loyal customers
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by coolburning
Change is always hard to accept if SAS has a lead time for us, it would be fine.

More info for you guys: if you purchase a ticket within Nov 30 (this Sunday) for flight next year and you email to [email protected], you will earn points according existing scheme; otherwise it will automatically adopt the new scheme.

Good luck - last 50 hours ^^''

PS. I gain the info from SAS call center for Gold member.
Thank you for the information.
Are we meant to contact them already now and give them a list of flights booked for next year so that the flights will automatically get the old points?
Or are we supposed to contact them for each separate flight after it is flown and get the points added?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
and Points added we are talking about basic points, not points for use right?

SB
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by strikerbird
and Points added we are talking about basic points, not points for use right?

SB
Um, you can certainly use your basic points, champ.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Who says the system has to be fair?

Here another source http://www.businessclass.se/sas-andr...ing-eurobonus/ - Chrome translation to English is ok to read...

Reads quite pro-SAS though.

I can also understand they cannot lose money running their FFP but the model could have been adjusted much better without pissing off loyal customers
I doubt they were loosing money on Eurobonus, but they probably needed to raise some extra profit.

Quite a few people here, myself included were quite surprised when Plus went to 200% earnings. And the talk of cheap mileage runs shows that Spain, Greece and Malta were on too high levels for the cheapo Plus classes. And probably even some of the cheapo Go.

For long haul I think the changes are not too unreasonable, it is the one zone in Europe that is the killer. Don't use nails to try to fix a leak... And while it is true that southern Europe sees more leasure traffic as said in the article, Milan is business destination seeing quite a hit.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC, SAS EBS, Miles&More
Not sure if it confirms or contradicts what anyone else has been told but this response was just posted by the SAS Facebook team.

"Hi, If you bought a ticket before 27th of November and are travelling after the 1st of January , you can claim your points according to the old rules at euroBonus member service after you have finished your trip."
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
I hope not, because I just booked around 15 round trips in 2015 to ensure I get scored according to the old system and that I get Gold until 2017 !

SB
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

For long haul I think the changes are not too unreasonable, it is the one zone in Europe that is the killer. Don't use nails to try to fix a leak...
The Plus Saver tickets in B and P on long haul are also terrible. Given the cost SK is asking for a B fare to e.g. New York absolutely unjustified.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:00 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
I posted about the single-zone in Europe at SAS' FB-page, and got the answer that my post was to be sent to the responsible people at EB for comment. My comment was prompted by the mendacious claim by SAS' head of communications in Norway, that very few passengers would be affected by the change!!!

Hvordan kan SAS leve med at selskapets informasjonssjef i Aftenposten siteres på følgende:
- Den justering i bonusopptjening som nå har skjedd, berører bare enkelte prisklasser. De fleste reisende med SAS vil ikke berøres av justeringen, mener Johansen.

Johansens påstand er usann for alle reisende i Europa unntatt Nord-Europa.
ALLE som flyr med SAS til Sør-Europa. Inkludert de som flyr på de dyreste billettene i SAS Plus vil i beste fall få halvert sin bonusopptjening. Nå er Europa differensiert i tre soner, men etter nyordningen blir Europa én sone, med opptjening som i dagens billigste sone. Det vil si at der en billett til Spania nå gir 2000 poeng i GO og 4000 poeng i PLUS gir billetten etter nyttår kun 1000 for de dyreste GO billettene og 2000 for fullprisbilletter i PLUS.

Så det Knut Morten Johansen burde ha sagt var at SAMTLIGE kunder med SAS til Sør-Europa vil berøres kraftig av justeringen, i beste fall får de halvparten så mange bonuspoeng som i dag. At denne endringen ikke berører så mange reisende er noe han i beste fall sier mot bedre vitende. "Merkelig nok" er Europa fortsatt delt inn i flere soner hvis man skal bruke poengene til bonusreiser.

At SAS ønsket en justering av en relativt generøs bonusopptjening som i noe større grad enn den gjeldende ordningen tok høyde for billettpris kan jeg forstå, og differensieringen hhv 50 %, 100%, 150% og 200% opptjening er mye bedre enn 25% opptjeningen som SAS avspiste reisende med i mange år. Men denne endringen i Europa som gir samme opptjening København-Hamburg som Oslo-Las Palmas er meningsløs og lite kundevennlig.

SAS: det er fortsatt ikke for sent å ta til vettet og gi bonuspoeng også etter hvor langt man reiser!

I got the following answer:

Hej Øyvind, tack för ett bra och konstruktivt inlägg, jag kommer att skicka detta vidare till de ansvariga för EuroBonus så de får ta del av det. Ha en fortsatt trevlig dag. //Patrik

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.