No more LBA?

Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
No more LBA?

Looks like SAS have cancelled their CPH/LBA service. Pity.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: EBP/SK*G, M&M FT, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Diamond
It comes up on my screen with flights Monday and Friday.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pandion1Haliaetus
It comes up on my screen with flights Monday and Friday.
Nothing showing after 1 Dec. I had a ticket for 19 Dec and it's been cancelled with full refund.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
Nothing showing after 1 Dec. I had a ticket for 19 Dec and it's been cancelled with full refund.
Remember your EU-rights! The airline has to offer you a choice between full refund, rerouting on same day or rebooking to another date. So if you want to go to LBA ask SAS to reroute you or suggest a route to them (it will probably go smoother if it is on Star alliance).
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gnopps
Remember your EU-rights! The airline has to offer you a choice between full refund, rerouting on same day or rebooking to another date. So if you want to go to LBA ask SAS to reroute you or suggest a route to them (it will probably go smoother if it is on Star alliance).
They handled it well. My route was DUS/CPH/LBA and they offered me DUS/CPH/AMS/LBA. I decline due to the crazy routing but to be fair, they did try. I doubt the agent knew where LBA was as she could have tried to persuade me to take MAN as an alternative - an hours train ride away. Anyway, I'm happy and decided to be adventurous and take the train! Never been on Eurostar and 1st class ticket DUS/LON is within 2 or 3 Euros what I paid for the SK ticket.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
They handled it well. My route was DUS/CPH/LBA and they offered me DUS/CPH/AMS/LBA. I decline due to the crazy routing but to be fair, they did try. I doubt the agent knew where LBA was as she could have tried to persuade me to take MAN as an alternative - an hours train ride away. Anyway, I'm happy and decided to be adventurous and take the train! Never been on Eurostar and 1st class ticket DUS/LON is within 2 or 3 Euros what I paid for the SK ticket.
Great service by SAS it seems!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Looks like LBA will be back in May?!?!?, 3 times a week with better flight times and on an A319?! (May 18 I see a SAS A319 CPH-LBA)

This service failed just as I was thinking it would. Flight times that did not allow for any connections in CPH on the LBA-CPH. I hope they re-launch with better flight times and allow connections.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:49 am
Original Poster

I don't see them on flysas.com. Which site did you find them on?

Last edited by MichaelBaku; Oct 27, 2014 at 8:59 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.